PDA

View Full Version : SkateLog T-Shirts - Lot #2

Kathie Fry
December 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I'm planning to order another lot of SkateLog T-Shirts and I may or may not get the same color and fabric. Depends on what everybody wants.

LOT #2
Shall I order the same exact t-shirts I ordered before? They are sage green with white letters, and printed with "SkateLog Forum" and the Web site address on the front and "Ask Me About Skating" in large letters on the back. Would anybody like to see any changes in the color or text on the shirts? Assuming the cost of the shirts does not increase, the price will still be $15 and I pay shipping.

LOT #1
I have two T-shirts left from the first batch, in a size small... $15 each and I will pay for shipping anywhere in the world. Send your postal service mailing address to kathiefry@skatelog.com and please confirm that you want a size small. No need to send money yet.

- Kathie

chunchmeow
December 11th, 2006, 03:30 PM
email'd!

Kathie Fry
December 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I haven't received your email yet Chunch but one of those shirts is now reserved for you. If I don't receive your message in the next few minutes I will email you. Thanks!

- Kathie

speedysktr
December 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Kathie, I liked the lettering and the material just fine, but would like to see a black option. It's not like we(I) skate outdoors all the time or in the sun all the time. I'd be more inclined to wear it casually if it were black. (same color letters) Black hides sweat better also!

Jessica
December 11th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I vote for black too. How about a poll? I need a different size too, I feel like I'm swimming in the one I have now.

Kathie Fry
December 11th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I love black clothing, so that would get my vote too.

- Kathie

speedysktr
December 11th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I was thinking about black with turquoise letters. Kathie, we have a collect call from NOT. Will you accept the charges? :p

Kathie Fry
December 11th, 2006, 05:08 PM
This is funny, because right after I posted that message with the turquoise option I changed my mind and decided I wanted white letters too. Right after I edited my message I saw yours. LOL...

- K

speedysktr
December 11th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I love black clothing, so that would get my vote too.
- Kathie
Kathie, we have a collect call from NOT. Will you accept the charges? :p
ha ha too slow!

skaterdog
December 11th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I like black too....should be getting my first shirt soon (thanks Kathie) and I'll get another.

Kathie Fry
December 11th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Chunch and SkaterDog, your t-shirts are in the mail.

- Kathie

chunchmeow
December 11th, 2006, 08:48 PM
yay! thank you!

PowerSnatch
December 11th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I want one of the new ones. Are the sizes mens shirt sizes?

Kathie Fry
December 12th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Yes, the shirts are men's sizes. Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large

- Kathie

dmoore
December 12th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Kathie,
I missed the first round, but if you're doing black with white lettering, I'm in for one. Email is on its way. Thanks!

speedysktr
December 12th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Kathie, I liked the lettering and the material just fine, but would like to see a black option.
speedy... always with the avant garde! ;)

Kathie Fry
December 12th, 2006, 02:42 AM
I have a quote for the shirts and as soon as I know what sizes to order I will get the printing started.

If you would like to order a black Coolmax SkateLog shirt with white lettering, please send email to kathiefry@skatelog.com with the subject "SkateLog Shirt Lot 2". Please include your postal shipping address and the size shirt you want (small, medium, large, extra large).

Price is $15 per shirt and I will pay for shipping. You don't pay until you receive your shirt.

The shirts will be printed in white letters with:

FRONT:
SkateLog Forum
www.skatelogforum.com

BACK:
Ask Me
About
Skating

- Kathie

LezSk8
December 12th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Include me for a "large" in batch #2.

LezSk8! :)

mvirtue
December 12th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Me too, in an XL...

KeLLy
December 12th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Did you measure how 'big' a size S and M is?
I have no idea what american sizes are like...

People allready ask me bout skating, i prefer it over the "staring as if they see an alien".
And black n white is just fine :)

Kathie Fry
December 12th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Cool Kelly! I have a small, and it measures 17 inches across the front, from underarm seam to underarm seam, which I think would be about 43 centimeters. Does that conversion sound right?

The shirts are also available in a tanktop, which I ordered for myself because I don't like to skate in sleeves. The tank top is loose, kind of boxy, and the one I have goes just to my waist. Here's a picture:
http://www.coolmaxclothing.com/womenstank.html

So... people can order either a regular t-shirt or a short, loose tank top for $15 USD and I think I can get long sleeve shirts for $3 extra.

- Kathie

BWI-Sheldon
December 12th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Are these shirts normal loose fitting shirts, or are they the compression fitting type, as it makes a difference on what size I woulld take.

Kathie Fry
December 12th, 2006, 06:59 PM
They are regular, basic CoolMax t-shirts, and not compression shirts. I think they are suppose to be loose fitting, and I know mine fits loose. Perhaps others can share their sizing experiences with the shirts from the first lot.

- Kathie

SeJoWa
December 12th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Mine is snug, just like I wanted, and comfy.

Kathy, you got the conversion right.

Jon B.
December 12th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Are these shirts normal loose fitting shirts, or are they the compression fitting type, as it makes a difference on what size I woulld take.

I have a 42" chest, 15 1/2" Neck, took a large and it's not baggy, but not constrictive either. Slightly loose. JB

motosk8ter
December 14th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Kathie, Greed and desire for your shirts have captured my heart. Please send me a black one, XL. Phil

Kathie Fry
December 14th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Ok Phil, you're on the list. Thanks!

- Kathie

chunchmeow
December 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
yay! I just got mine today with a whole bunch of cards and some magnets :)

I don't have a digicam but I'll try to rig up my webcam for a photo. Thanks muchly!

Kathie Fry
December 14th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I'd love to have some photos of the front and back of our t-shirts so I can use them to make a Web page, in case more people want to order later.

Here is me in Whistler, Canada wearing mine...

http://www.canadaforvisitors.com/images/whistler-2006-11-0084-400x374.jpg

Sitting in the snow in a skirt was not the best idea I've ever had...

- Kathie

skaterdog
December 14th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I got my shirt yesterday!

Wearing it to skate practice today and for warming up at our meet on Sunday.

speedysktr
December 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I'd love to have some photos of the front and back of our t-shirts so I can use them to make a Web page, in case more people want to order later.

- Kathie

Kathie! Helloooo, once again, too slow, the pic idea is soooo ten minutes ago! :p ;)

Just so you know, it was my idea. ;) You'll see in a few minutes. A few minutes later Jessica posted a pic of herself.
I just had an idea- we should have a t-shirt contest for most creative picture while wearing the Skatelog t-shirt. What do you think?

ps. what the heck are ya doin' skiing in a skirt!!! :p

mvirtue
December 14th, 2006, 03:57 PM
what the heck are ya doin' skiing in a skirt!!! :p

Yeah? Curiosity is killing this cat... :D

Jon B.
December 14th, 2006, 04:13 PM

- Kathie

Hmmm, the print on your's seems so much more prominent than mine?!
We'll work on a picture. As soon as we're together again. :frown: JB

speedysktr
December 14th, 2006, 04:16 PM
:eek:

Kathie Fry
December 14th, 2006, 04:30 PM
what the heck are ya doin' skiing in a skirt!!! Well.... actually I'm wearing pants under that skirt, and also the skirt can be a skirt, pants or shorts. It's called a Macabi Skirt (http://www.macabiskirt.com/how_it_works.php) and I have about 10 of them. I love to wear them for traveling and taking photos at events. But why did I wear a skirt over my pants? Not sure... guess it's a girly thing. A question I get asked all the time is why do I skate in a skirt (http://www.aprr.org/pictures/slvrcmt/slvrcmt_a.jpg)? That one *does* have a good story behind it, but It's too embarrassing to repeat here.

- Kathie

Jessica
December 14th, 2006, 04:35 PM
http://www.jessicalynnwright.com/images/blush.jpg

Well now you have to tell us...

Kathie Fry
December 14th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Well now you have to tell us... Can't bring myself to do it, but if you use your imagination, and think of the worst thing that could possibly happen when I wasn't wearing a skirt... that's probably it!

- K

chunchmeow
December 14th, 2006, 05:54 PM
dunno about the other female's here but I like wearing a skirt because it makes me feel pretty and thus improves my posture when skating :)

mvirtue
December 14th, 2006, 06:04 PM
dunno about the other female's here but I like wearing a skirt because it makes me feel pretty and thus improves my posture when skating :)

Great...Now I have 'I feel pretty, oh so pretty...' running through my head...:rolleyes:

Jon B.
December 14th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Great...Now I have 'I feel pretty, oh so pretty...' running through my head...:rolleyes:

Yeah, but just look what it's done for your "form" :eek: :eek: JB

janneman
December 14th, 2006, 09:57 PM

Maybe that is also influenced by the nice curves Kathie has and you dont - to attract more attention to the place the letters are printed ? :rolleyes:

But just go head on singing " i feel pretty" Jon - I guess it's not a bad thing to say out loud to yourself......

Pepper Montana
December 15th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Can't bring myself to do it, but if you use your imagination, and think of the worst thing that could possibly happen when I wasn't wearing a skirt... that's probably it!

- K

A full Britney? With paparazzi?

Kathie Fry
December 15th, 2006, 12:09 AM
A full Britney? With paparazzi? LOL... well, let's just say you are on the right track (still blushing after all this time...)

- K

Kathie Fry
December 15th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I've received enough orders via email to go ahead with the black SkateLog shirts so I'm going to go ahead and place the order today. If anybody else wants a t-shirt, they can still place an order, because I'm going to buy a few extra black t-shirts in each size (small, medium, large, extra large).

- Kathie

cdsdave
December 15th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Cool I am looking forward to getting one. Nice picture Kathie. I didn't know you ski.

Kathie Fry
December 15th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks Dave! I'm not much of a skier and I didn't ski at all on that trip. I met two of my sisters in Whistler for couple of days of rest, relaxation, and flirting with snowboarders.

- Kathie

chunchmeow
December 19th, 2006, 02:35 PM
hey kathie, did you get my check yet?

KeLLy
December 21st, 2006, 02:00 PM
I just e-mailed you for a t-shirt.

Good thing you orderd some extra... i've been so bussy lately, i forgot all about it.

malloy942
December 22nd, 2006, 06:37 PM
How can I look at a picture of one?

Kathie Fry
December 24th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I ordered the black and white SkateLog forum t-shirts for everyone who has expressed an interest so far and I expect to receive a confirmation and expected date from the vendor soon. I also ordered a few extra shirts in each size.

malloy942, here is a drawing of what the t-shirts will look like:
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6937&postcount=114

The shirts are made of CoolMax fabric and this time the shirt color will be black and the print color will be white.

- Kathie

online inline
December 24th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not much of a skier and I didn't ski at all on that trip. I met two of my sisters in Whistler for couple of days of rest, relaxation, and flirting with snowboarders.

Wow, i was up there with my family and some friends the weekend before! Great minds must think alike.

While the family and friends hit the slopes, i went out to the public rink and skated on ice for the first time in about ...well... more years than many of the folks on this booard have been alive. Ice was fun, and i was crossing over and tooling right along within an hour of a 2 1/2 hour session. WOuld like to do it again in the next few weeks here in Puget Sound area.

Isn't Whistler great?!

Kathie Fry
December 30th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Isn't Whistler great?! Whistler (http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/snowreport/index.htm) was fantastic, but there was so much snow falling when we were there, it was almost impossible to drive on the roads and the upper slopes were closed to skiing much of the time because the visibility was almost zero. But that just meant there was plenty of fun and action in Whistler Village (http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/accommodation/map/whistlervillage/index.htm) and all that snow just made it more exciting for two California girls (who rarely see snow) and their Vancouver sister. We stayed at a wonderful little lodge on the edge of a lake. Only 12 accommodations and a fabulous restaurant: Edgewater Lodge (http://www.edgewater-lodge.com/)

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
December 30th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Status of the Black SkateLog T-Shirts:

I expect to receive the black SkateLog T-shirts from Lot #2 by the end of January. One of the suppliers was shut down for the holidays so the shirts are getting a bit of a late start. I ordered a few extra shirts in each size, so if anybody still wants to order one, please send your name, t-shirt size, and postal mailing address to kathiefry@skatelog.com. Shirt sizes are men's small, medium, large, and extra large. The shirts are $15 USD and I pay for shipping, but no need to send money yet. I will try to accommodate you with this order, but if we don't have enough shirts for everybody, we will order a third lot.

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
January 22nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
The latest from the black SkateLog T-shirt vendor... they expect to send me the artwork early this week and the shirts should be ready to ship a week or two after that. These are the black shirts with white printing.

- Kathie

speedysktr
January 23rd, 2007, 05:30 AM
If you're looking for the moon shot, too late! sorry!

Jessica
January 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:
Wooowooo!!! I don't think anyone can beat that!!!!

speedysktr
January 23rd, 2007, 03:23 PM
Wooowooo!!! I don't think anyone can beat that!!!! beat it? no! spank it? maybe!;) :tongue:

Kathie Fry
January 23rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
I don't think anyone can beat that!!!! Jessica, that sounds like a challenge. Speedy has really raised the bar for skatelog t-shirt pictures.

Speedy!!!! I am shocked! :eek:

(Well... maybe not that shocked. :redface: I heard about that cute picture of speedy modeling his skatelog t-shirt and I *made* him post it here. It's priceless!)

- Kathie

BWI-Sheldon
January 23rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MY EYES !!!!! OH IT HURTS !!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.
I CAN'T SEE !!!!!!! I'VE BEEN BLINDED

I like the snowman though.

mvirtue
January 23rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
At least one Speedy Jr. is huddled by the front door trying vainly to stay away from her dad's weirdness...

Code Monkey
January 23rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Kathie,

I think the t-shirts, version 2, need to be much longer.

Thanks.

chunchmeow
January 23rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
yea i agree, its kinda short and mine keep riding up on me. Also I have ugly pitstains galore and might need to order a black tee.

speedysktr
January 24th, 2007, 03:29 AM
At least one Speedy Jr. is huddled by the front door trying vainly to stay away from her dad's weirdness...
Dropping trow makes one weird? How about dressing up and playing
kuhhhh-nigggit and going to the national camp out of kuhhh-nigggits, you second hand electic donkey bottom biter! Now go away, before I taunt you a second time-uh. Don't forget these are the girls that had to be restrained from hopping in the ice bath with dear old dad.

speedysktr
January 26th, 2007, 03:27 AM
highjacked

LezSk8
February 1st, 2007, 08:21 PM
Kathy, Did you order any long sleeve Cool Max shirts in a large size? If you did and have an extra, I would like one. Let me know. Thanks.

Kathie Fry
February 1st, 2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry, I did not order any long sleeve shirts this time, but if enough people want them I can easily order a batch.

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
February 12th, 2007, 12:49 AM
A large box has arrived in my PO Box and unless someone sent me 50 pounds of Valentine candy I believe our black SkateLog t-shirts have arrived. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I am preparing all the shipping paperwork tonight, so if the t-shirts have arrived I can mail them to you guys before I fly to Honolulu on Wednesday. More tomorrow...

- Kathie

BWI-Sheldon
February 12th, 2007, 04:16 AM
I sent a e-mail a while back for one. Let me know if you got it.

sylv
February 13th, 2007, 03:10 AM
ooh, is it possible to get one sent to Australia?

PowerSnatch
February 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Very exiting--many thanks K.

Kathie Fry
February 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM
The black SkateLog CoolMax t-shirts (+2 green tank tops) shipped to everybody today. They look good! I don't recommend drying them in an automatic clothes dryer because the shirts have a lot of silkscreening and a hot dryer could cause the letters to crack over time. North Americans should receive their shirts this week and Europeans probably next week.

Sheldon, I did receive your order and your shirt shipped today. Sylv no problem shipping to Australia. Send your size and shipping address to kathiefry@skatelog.com.

- Kathie,

rwsz
February 14th, 2007, 12:07 AM
The black SkateLog CoolMax t-shirts (+2 green tank tops) shipped to everybody today. They look good! I don't recommend drying them in an automatic clothes dryer because the shirts have a lot of silkscreening and a hot dryer could cause the letters to crack over time. North Americans should receive their shirts this week and Europeans probably next week.

Sheldon, I did receive your order and your shirt shipped today. Sylv no problem shipping to Australia. Send your size and shipping address to kathiefry@skatelog.com.

- Kathie,

Kathie, thanks cant wait to get it,,,now a black and 1 green all set for the outdoors when the good weather gets here.

Thanks

dmoore
February 15th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Yahoo, t-shirt has arrived. Very nice. Thanks Kathie. I'll email you for payment details. I promise a few pics later. Dinner is on the table.

dmoore
February 15th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Didn't I hear the first one to post a picture of their shirt gets it for free. :tongue: hehe. Had a slight temptation for the full moon, but we'll see if speedy is up for another one. Besides, my daughter was taking the pic and didn't want to give her a haunting image.

The black and white was a good choice. I'll wear it with pride as I skate the FL trails. Hang in there northern skaters, spring is just around the corner.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/dennismoore2308/slfrontback.jpg

BWI-Sheldon
February 16th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I GOT MY SHIRT YIPPEEEEEEE. :biggrin:

Then I looked outside at 3" of ice :mad:

So I tried it on and pretended to bew skating and many people came to ask me about skating. If I sleep in it, maybe I'll dream of skating with the newbies. :)

cdsdave
February 16th, 2007, 02:57 AM
The shirt looks great Kathie. Did you send me one. If you didn't I still would like one but I want you to send it to a different address. I have been spending the winter up north so far this year and would rather have it sent to me up here (http://www.cdsdetroit.com/2-8-9-07/IMG_8476_JPG.html).

speedysktr
February 16th, 2007, 02:57 PM
...Had a slight temptation for the full moon, but we'll see if speedy is up for another one. Besides, my daughter was taking the pic and didn't want to give her a haunting image....the stark contrast of the black and white might have been blinding!!!!:p

... black and white was a good choice. You're welcome. :wink:
Another cutting edge idea brought to you by speedysktr industries.

Jessica
February 16th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Great pics Dennis! Here's mine! Luv the black...

http://www.jessicalynnwright.com/images/blackshirt.jpg

speedysktr
February 16th, 2007, 11:37 PM
yeah baby!

dmoore
February 16th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Jess - You're such a wild women. For some reason, your shirt looks much better than mine. :D

Have fun at Gasparilla Classic tomorrow. If the doc has given you the green light for skating, feel free to join the Suncoast @ RT54 group. I'll probably let it warm up bit tomorrow since it will be in the 30's. Time for a few extra layers.

LezSk8
February 17th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Looking good!, DMoore and Jess. That means my shirt can't be far behind. See you on the trails.

cdsdave
February 17th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Oh man, I am up north and my shirt is down in Detroit, oh well I did just pick up a sled today so that will keep my mind off it until I head down to get it.

http://www.cdsdetroit.com/2-16-07-HC/IMG_8989.jpg

motosk8ter
February 17th, 2007, 07:34 AM
The shirt arrived today:D . It is the shirt! Now I have to go out and pass out all of those cards, post them at the rink and give them to the skater dudes at the school I work at.

Thanx kathie, it made my day:D

Phil

LezSk8
February 17th, 2007, 03:17 PM
My shirt arrived today and I'll be wearing it on the trail this afternoon.

Dave, that's a cool Kat you have there. Thanks for the beautiful picture.

Jessica
February 17th, 2007, 06:00 PM
dave- wow. Just wow.

SkateSkateSkate
February 17th, 2007, 06:13 PM
cdsdave -

I think I could learn to enjoy winter a bit more if I had something like that to play with. NICE!!!!!! :biggrin:

MNGreene
February 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Got home from work yesterday and excitedly took off my work shirt and donned the SLF shirt. The family laughed and said I looked like a security guard at a concert. I don't know what they are talking about.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/dgmjmcdonald/P1010031.jpg

KeLLy
February 21st, 2007, 04:43 PM
Got mine today, it's a perfect fit - thx, also thx for all the cards (allready up on the fridge) and i'll keep some with me in my skating bag.

mvirtue
February 21st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Mine arrived yesterday. In a taped up plastic bag from the post office.

Thanks Kathie for all the hard work!

LezSk8
February 26th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Hi Kathie, I hope you had a great trip and I'm glad you are back. I have been enjoying wearing my black SLF T-shirt, and being asked about skating. Please post instructions on paying for the "Blacks" and I'll get my check to you. Thanks!

CrazeeDave
February 27th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hi Kathie

Do you still have some shirts available?

CrazeeDave

Kathie Fry
February 27th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I do have a few left CrazeeDave. One extra large and at least a couple in each of the other sizes. Send your size to kathiefry@skatelog.com and I'll send you more information. They are CoolMax t-shirts that come in small, medium, large, and extra large.

- Kathie

cdsdave
March 14th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I finally got my hands on my skatelog t shirt and wore it skating in Detroit tonight and the funniest thing happened. As we stood out front of Joe Louis Arena watching the baby boomers heading in to see the Bob Seger concert a cop walks up to me and asks me about skating. He was a runner but had stopped due to bad knee's and wanted to know if skating was easier on your knee's.

What was so funny about this is not only have I never had a cop approach me to ask me about skating, but I had a sweat shirt over my skatelog shirt so be aware that even when you have your skatelog shirt on under another shirt people will still approach you and ask you about skating.

I told Kathie I would post a few shots of me skating in the shirt so here they are.

http://www.cdsdetroit.com/3-13-07-Detroit-Skate/IMG_0925.jpg

http://www.cdsdetroit.com/3-13-07-Detroit-Skate/IMG_0927.jpg

http://www.cdsdetroit.com/3-13-07-Detroit-Skate/IMG_0928.jpg

brikkee
March 14th, 2007, 04:42 AM
My dad makes Custom t-shirts if u need any or want your own made up contact him at

Rhode Island Threads 891 tiogue ave coventry RI 1-401-615-0496

he also does mugs,Embrodry,etc...

BWI-Sheldon
March 21st, 2007, 03:56 AM
Kathie;

For the next batch, here is a sugestion. The "ask me about skating" should go on the front, and the "SkateLog Forum" on the back, maybe low down. When I skate, I use a small camelbak which covers the "ask me" so nobody sees it. :(

I haven't got any questions yet. :(

speedysktr
March 22nd, 2007, 01:12 PM
For posterity's sake (hmmm, why was my first inclination to write posterior? :confused: :tongue: )

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/speedysktr/P3211944.jpg