PDA

View Full Version : Skating in Futurama

chunchmeow
January 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I caught a late night rerun on Adult Swim of Futurama where Fry, Lellah and Bender go to a giant hive. Then Fry jumps in front of Leelah to absorb a giant sting and gets impaled by the giant stinger, while she only gets a scratch. The rest of the episode results in her going between a dream and reality state where her and Fry have romatic interludes. One of which involves them skating along in quads. Turns out the poison in the stinger just effected her and put her in a 2 week coma so it was all an illusion.

It was actually a really awesome episode and had a lot of heart :)

Jessica
January 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM
That is too funny - I watched the same episode last night!

chunchmeow
January 12th, 2007, 03:19 PM
such a sweet episode :)

fave quote from Leelah: I've never been treated so romatically in my imagination!

Gailforce
January 12th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I have Tivo set up to record anything with roller skating in the description so yesterday it recorded an episode of Charlie's Angels where the entire episode centered around skating on Venice Beach and in a fictional roller rink called Flippers Roller Boogie Rink (I think). Anyway you got to see a couple of the Angels skating and one of the blondes in a swimsuit type costume skating in a chorus line. Ed Bagley was in it and actually seemed to do some decent skating. Boogie suede skates were in evidence and lots of young, healthy guys and gals that didn't seem to need to work - just come to the beach and skate all day everyday.

I really miss that era.