PDA

View Full Version : SkateLog T-Shirts - Lot #1

Kathie Fry
August 23rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
Our T-Shirt project never happened over at Ask About Skating, because selecting something to please everybody got a little complicated, but I would like to resurrect the idea. I am willing to front the money for an initial run of shirts, but could use some help generating the artwork, and I'm not sure who we should use as a supplier.

FRONT OF THE SHIRT:
My suggestion is for the front of the shirts to have two lines centered on the chest: SkateLog Forum on the first line and www.skatelogforum.com in smaller letters on the second line.

BACK OF THE SHIRT:
Usually when I order t-shirts for my skating Web sites, I have them printed with "Ask Me About Skating" in rather large letters on the back because it really does encourage people to come up and start a conversation. It gives me many opportunities to make new friends and promote our sport at the grassroots level.

I'm thinking we should not use an image for this first run of shirts, so they will be suitable for all types of skaters from aggressive to speed. Any opinions on this?

FABRIC, STYLE, COLOR, AND SUPPLIER:
If we go with a supplier like Cafe Press or Zazzle, you guys would be able to choose between several different sizes, styles, and colors on the fly, but I don't think those two vendors carry athlete-friendly fabrics such as Coolmax. If we order silkscreened shirts, we would need to select color, style, and sizes in advance. There are a ton of suppliers out there... we just need to select one who can meet our needs. Here are some custom clothing vendors in the Open Directory: Custom Apparel Suppliers (http://dmoz.org/Business/Marketing_and_Advertising/Advertising/Promotional_Products/Apparel/)

So again, I will pay for a run of shirts, and you guys can reimburse me for the cost of each shirt later, if I can get some help generating high quality artwork and selecting a supplier.

What do you guys think of my suggestion for the front and back of the shirts?

What color shirt and lettering should we order?

Do you have a favorite t-shirt make and model?

What supplier should we use?

The artwork we need would be simple, so I might be able to generate it myself, but I wouldn't mind getting some help with that. T-shirts WILL happen this time if I can get some help with the project.

Any thoughts?

- Kathie

Jon B.
August 23rd, 2006, 03:32 PM
Our T-Shirt project never happened over at Ask About Skating, because selecting something to please everybody got a little complicated, but I would like to ressurect the idea. I am willing to front the money for an initial run of shirts, but could use some help generating the artwork, and I'm not sure who we should use as a supplier.
- Kathie
That's exactly what I figured happened. Not knowing much about such things, or artwork, I don't have any helpful suggestions, but I will tell you that whatever you make, I'll buy. It doesn't have to satisfy any particular attire dream of mine, just a shirt to signify association. Thanks for everything, Jon.

Jessica
August 23rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Without being too difficult, I would like to suggest a color other than white or gray. I have so many white and gray skating shirts already. Something bright and colorful IMO. It would definitely attract attention. I think you men are confident enough in yourselves to wear pepto bismol pink...

Kathie Fry
August 23rd, 2006, 04:28 PM
<< I would like to suggest a color other than white or gray. I have so many white and gray skating shirts already >>

Good idea Jessica, because if we select a distinctive color it will be easier to recognize each other from a distance and in skating photos. I think pink will not fly with some of the guys, but I'll find a pallette of t-shirt colors on the Web and post it here so we can vote on our favorites.

- Kathie

PS: I would help if we had a few shirt makes and models in mind, so we could see what colors are available in that shirt.

Code Monkey
August 23rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Ok, I won't be offended if everyone calls me crazy. Here is my idea.

Tie dye. One very easy to spot in a get together or race. Next when you don't wear it your child will take it away from you and use it as sleep wear.

As far a logo or text I'm thinking about it. Of course I think we should go with what you think Kathie because after all you are the instigator of this wonderful site.

More later.
Dave

chuckboucher
August 23rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Tie die would make it hard to see the graphics from any distance.

I suggest a safety yellow (the more greenish-yellow that you see from manufacturers like Pearl Izumi). That way, it could also double as a saftey shirt for lower light skating.

example:
http://www.pearlizumi.com/images/shop/products/4772_428.jpg

speedysktr
August 23rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
if your screename begins with C you are banned from making color suggestions. Tie dye, neon yellow/green? Please, just, no. My only other suggestion is to avoid any heavy print that would feel sticky, but I would suggest some color that could be worn with shorts or khakis-wait, code and chuck, I bet you have denim shorts, don't you? :p Chuck's are pleated and Code's have a built in elastic belt at the back!!!

Anything that's not too loud, that's all. :cool:

Code Monkey
August 23rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
I can post this even with the new color posting restriction of people who's screenname begins with C, unless you consider "dark meat" (a.k.a. speedysktr) a color. The graphic should be a picture of speedysktr complete with charming smile with a gun range target superimposed on top of it. Believe me this will draw attention and people will ask questions.

mvirtue
August 23rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
Hey, I'll take pink over safety yellow. Actually, I'd probably never get to wear it if it were pink...

"Daddy, what is in that package?"
"A t-shirt"
"Cool. What color?"
"Pink."
The sound of a running kid grabbing the package, and a belated ouch as the skin from my fingers gets ripped off fills the room.

speedysktr
August 23rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
I can post this even with the new color posting restriction of people who's screenname begins with C, unless you consider "dark meat" (a.k.a. speedysktr) a color. The graphic should be a picture of speedysktr complete with charming smile with a gun range target superimposed on top of it. Believe me this will draw attention and people will ask questions.um code, do you own any firearms?

<<speedy backs away from the forum as he remembers that you get a tax deduction in Texas for how many firearms you own>>

okay everybody, that'll do it for me, this is where I sign off, it's been real, but I have a rule about people placing me in the sight of a gun.

edit: one more thing, this pretty much confirms my suspicion about the elastic waste denim shorts, okay, now I'm gone. gimme two steps...

Pepper Montana
August 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
um code, do you own any firearms?

<<speedy backs away from the forum as he remembers that you get a tax deduction in Texas for how many firearms you own>>

okay everybody, that'll do it for me, this is where I sign off, it's been real, but I have a rule about people placing me in the sight of a gun.

edit: one more thing, this pretty much confirms my suspicion about the elastic waste denim shorts, okay, now I'm gone. gimme two steps...

Is it too late to suggest a nice camouflage for Speedy? Something to make it a challenge for Code...

Kathie Fry
August 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Tie die would get us plenty of attention, but the printing might not show up well on that kind of background. Chartreuse-colored shirts would be good for safety *and* for getting attention, but we want to make sure we pick a color most people will wear. My first thought was something like a teal color, but maybe we should go with something brighter then that.

Let's look for some good quality CoolMax (or other self-wicking fabric) t-shirts on the Internet, so we can find out what colors are available. After we select one or more shirts that we like, we can pick a color and then start shopping for a custom t-shirt manufacturer who will let us supply our own shirts.

If you find any shirts on the Web that you like, please post a link here.

- Kathie

SkateSkateSkate
August 23rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
torquise would be nice. kinda like this ----;)

bermuda_skater
August 24th, 2006, 05:54 AM
My club uses an online printing company.. Excellent service and quality product..

http://www.customink.com

online inline
August 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
No safety yellow or neon lime green, like Speedysktr said. Last year's Northshore T-shirts were a forescent lime green/yellow, and were universally hated by everyone.

Also, Mario made some really great t-shirts for the Spokane Inline Marathon for the last two years, that everybody loved. Since they are coolmax (a lycra/spandex like material), i often see people excercising and skaiting in them. It's not just a t-shirt, it becomes a really good workout shirt. They were a big success. Maybe i can get a pic of one for you.

Code Monkey
August 24th, 2006, 02:28 PM
What's wrong with my elastic waist denim shorts, need I mention I also have a tie dye pair?

your fashion consultant,
Code

skaterdog
August 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I'm on board for a couple of shirts. I like the fact that Kathie is going with the coolmax type of shirt.

I'd prefer a color that I can wear out in public.

Kathie Fry
August 24th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks Online Inline! Do you know the make and model of the shirts Mario used for the Spokane Inline Marathon, and do you know where he ordered the shirts?

- Kathie

Jessica
August 24th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Here are some plain coolmax t-shirts - colors are kind of blah though. And expensive!! I do like the navy...

http://www.sweatitout.com/store/products.php

My running coach puts together a longsleeve polyester shirt for Gasparilla every year, and we get them for free, so they can't be that expensive. I'll have to ask him next week where he gets them.

speedysktr
August 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Is it too late to suggest a nice camouflage for Speedy? Something to make it a challenge for Code...
Thanks, Dave and btw, it was nice meeting you at the race.
Okay, I'm back and I won't need the camo after all.
Code, go ahead make my day.
I'm packin', buddy, and I don't mean a bag.;)
Besides, how well would it go over with the coeds
if you popped a cap in my a$$?

LezSk8
August 24th, 2006, 05:36 PM
O/I, I have a chartreuse :) CoolMax that I love for my twi-light trail skates. It's so loud you can HEAR IT from a mile away. I get more comments on it than any of my shirts. I know many hate it, but you can't ignore it. :D

Kathy, thanks for your offer and put me down for one. Any color is fine with me and I do like the CoolMax better than cotton even if it raises the price some.

Ken

LezSk8 Central Florida!

gbo
August 30th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Kathy, are we making any progress on these t-shirts? Any info i can dig up for you? i have a bit of time to spare.

let me know

Kathie Fry
August 30th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks for asking about this gbo, I was just thinking about posting an update. Right now I'm trying to find a large quantity supplier of self-wicking t-shirts. Hopefully we can use one of the large-quantity, low-cost blank shirt providers. Some of them they carry a wide range of makes, models, and colors. Here are a few:

- BlankShirts.com (http://www.blankshirts.com/)
- BlankShirtStore.com (http://www.blankshirtstore.com)
- CheapesTees.com (http://www.cheapestees.com)
- ShirtSupplier.com (http://www.shirtsupplier.com/)
- Wholesale-Blank-T-Shirts.com (http://www.wholesale-blank-t-shirts.com)

Anybody see any any shirts they like on those Web sites?

- Kathie

gbo
August 31st, 2006, 12:31 AM
Ms Fry,
http://www.blankshirts.com/ - selfwicking, short sleeve in royal, navy, red, black, gray, white. Out of stock on XS and S sizes.

http://www.blankshirtstore.com/ - couldn't find any self-wicking. Lots of cotton and poly-cotton.

http://www.cheapestees.com/ - couldn't find any selfwicking? lots of attractive, inexpensive shirts.

http://www.shirtsupplier.com/ - shortsleeve, selfwicking, 5 colors, white,black,grey,navy,red. Inexpensive if we go with 85-15 mix for fabric.

http://www.wholesale-blank-t-shirts.com/ - couldn't find any selfwicking?

I only looked for self-wicking short sleeved t-shirts. Are sweatshirts an option for everyone as winter approaches? If we went with something other than self-wicking, lots of color and style options. Does anyone have a price range they would like Kathy to maintain? Under $20?

(sorry chuckboucher and lezsk8, not a chartreuse in sight. Also, could not find any targets or camo for speedy and no tie-dyed for CM. No pink in self-wicking, Jess.)

I also assumed that there would be one style and fabric? Is this a good assumption?

quick summary of the listed sites. I may have missed something.

gbo

gbo
August 31st, 2006, 12:32 AM
(oh, yeah. 2 more posts before I toss the annoying 'junior' member.)

:)

something to wake up for tomorrow...

Code Monkey
August 31st, 2006, 02:32 PM
Just to let you all know... cool max is very hard to tie dye. This is disturbing news I know but I will work on it and hopefully find a solution.

Pepper Montana
August 31st, 2006, 02:39 PM
Just to let you all know... cool max is very hard to tie dye. This is disturbing news I know but I will work on it and hopefully find a solution.

I love it, have the best and brightest minds at the university of Texas get to work in the lab immediately. Must develop process to tie-dye coolmax.

Somewhere there is a dark lab with beakers bubbling...

speedysktr
August 31st, 2006, 02:47 PM
more likely to be bongs bubbling :cool:

Code Monkey
August 31st, 2006, 04:04 PM
Cough, cough, huh?, Wow man... don't answer the phone.

Jon B.
August 31st, 2006, 04:20 PM
Nice work GBO! Thanks for kicking it up, likewise Kathie for tenacity!

I love it, have the best and brightest minds at the university of Texas get to work in the lab immediately. Must develop process to tie-dye coolmax.

Somewhere there is a dark lab with beakers bubbling...

The scary part is Code's is probably one of the best and brightest minds there, of course pity the social skills.:p Forget the lab too! I see another midwestern cave in his future! Doubtful on the bong for this guy though, are you aware of the cardiac effect of tetrahydrocannabinol?. However, maybe a little lysergic acid diethylamide would be in order, I believe it could enhance coloration of coolmax!...plus the mind expanding capabilities!
JB

mvirtue
August 31st, 2006, 04:46 PM
more likely to be bongs bubbling :cool:

lab... glassware... bong building contest! My dorm ran one as a yearly contest.

speedysktr
August 31st, 2006, 04:50 PM
painfully aware :eek: ;)

mvirtue
August 31st, 2006, 04:54 PM
My dorm ran one as a yearly contest.

They paid for the weed from dorm funds :D

Code Monkey
August 31st, 2006, 07:53 PM
I think that should be the logo for the T-Shirt... "They paid for the weed with the dorm funds".

On the back the logo should read... "Life's short skate fast!".

Or maybe the other way around?

gbo
August 31st, 2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks for mentioning t-shirts again, Code.

Another topic, gone to the weed.

gbo

Code Monkey
August 31st, 2006, 07:57 PM
I know! I know!!

The T-Shirts could be made out of hemp!

mvirtue
August 31st, 2006, 07:58 PM
I think that should be the logo for the T-Shirt... "They paid for the weed with the dorm funds".

On the back the logo should read... "Life's short skate fast!".

Or maybe the other way around?

Either way we'd get lots of questions...

gbo
August 31st, 2006, 08:00 PM
:o

thanks, JonB. I'm just concerned that we're going to get tossed off this webserver, too, before we get any t-shirts.

gbo

mvirtue
August 31st, 2006, 08:01 PM
I know! I know!!

The T-Shirts could be made out of hemp!

I have a hemp t-shirt that I won at the MS Skate... It is very soft and nice...but I cannot figure out why it has burn marks! :eek:

LezSk8
September 1st, 2006, 02:15 PM
Kathy, You can check out www.coolmaxclothing.com for shirts and silk screening. I got three shirts from them and the quality, service, and price seem reasonable.

Ken

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks LezSk8! I'm on my way over there to check it out right now...

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 02:54 PM
On the CoolMaxClothing.com (http://www.coolmaxclothing.com) Web site recommended by LezSk8, they have CoolMax shirts in 8 colors:

- white
- yellow
- black
- gray
- military
- brown
- navy
- sage green

The only bright color they have is yellow, and it's a light lemony yellow rather then a neon yellow. I wish they had more colors to choose from, but on other Web sites I have only found these same colors in self-wicking shirts. I will keep looking, but I'm getting discouraged about the possibility of finding a wide range of colors in a self-wicking fabric.

Some suggestions if we only have these 8 colors to choose from:

Yellow with black or some other dark color print
Black with white, yellow, turquoise or other bright color print
Sage green with white, yellow, or some other bright color print
Military Brown with white, yellow, or some bright color print

I would appreciate any color suggestions, or ideas about where to find coolmax shirts in more different colors. If we don't find anything else, we can go with one of the above 8 colors. We just need to select a color and print most people won't hate.

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Hey - how about shorts with "Ask Me About Skating" on the butt and "SkateLog Forum" on the front!
http://www.coolmaxclothing.com/shorts.html

- K

Code Monkey
September 1st, 2006, 04:17 PM
Kathie,

You have done great. I think your shorts and top idea is excellent and count me in. As far as color choice, please don't get discouraged or stress about it, I feel confident that the majority of us will be just fine with whatever you choose. There is enough to choose from. I know I will and will wear mine with pride and I am sure others feel the same way. I say just pick something you like. Besides there is always next year for a new color scheme.

We will love you no matter what color scheme you choose. I have the utmost confidence in you taste of style.

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 04:36 PM
Here are some self-wicking shirts in a few more colors...
http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?C=47&D=101700

These aren't CoolMax but they are made of a self-wicking fabric - which basically means polyester. The shirts come in white, black, purple, maroon, cardinal (dark red), stone (tan), brown, hunter green, another green.

- K

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM
Champion makes a shirt in a fabric they call "Double Dry Cotton" that is suppose to wick moisture away from the skin. Here are the Double Dry Cotton T-shirts and colors:

Short Sleeve T-Shirt
http://www2.championcatalog.com/product/CT1635.htm

Raglan Short Sleeve T-Shirt
http://www2.championcatalog.com/product/CT2062.htm

I will keep looking for more options. I would like to find a shirt in teal, which is kind of a blue-green color (like one of the colors in this forum), but I have not found it in a self-wicking fabric.

- Kathie

Jon B.
September 1st, 2006, 05:11 PM
:o
thanks, JonB. I'm just concerned that we're going to get tossed off this webserver, too, before we get any t-shirts.
gbo
The "T" shirt thing has been going on for so long I'll be amazed if it ever works out, not discounting Kathie's efforts, just amenability. As far as distraction goes, you got to treat it like your dog when he goes after a cat. When he gets tired, he'll come back home.
Thanks for the research, and Ken, thanks for the addition. JB

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 05:18 PM
<< The "T" shirt thing has been going on for so long I'll be amazed if it ever works out >>

It will work out this time, even if I have to end up getting white cotton t-shirts with black printing. I'm determined!

- Kathie

Jon B.
September 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Some suggestions if we only have these 8 colors to choose from:
Yellow with black or some other dark color print
I would appreciate any color suggestions, or ideas about where to find coolmax shirts in more different colors. If we don't find anything else, we can go with one of the above 8 colors. We just need to select a color and print most people won't hate.
- Kathie
Just for the record, I'd deal with just about anything. Black is a little rough for the Florida crowd, we needn't retain anymore heat than necessary. Personally given choice of the CoolMax combo's, I'd vote on the yeller wit black. JB

Jon B.
September 1st, 2006, 05:33 PM
<< The "T" shirt thing has been going on for so long I'll be amazed if it ever works out >>
It will work out this time, even if I have to end up getting white cotton t-shirts with black printing. I'm determined!
- Kathie
Love your Spirit! Before I die, I hope we get to skate together. JB

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 05:34 PM
Does anybody hate this color yellow?
http://www.coolmaxclothing.com/shortsleevecrew.html

Is it a color you would never wear? If the answer to that question is "yes", what is your alternative (non-black) color and print suggestion?

-Kathie

Jessica
September 1st, 2006, 07:33 PM
My input:

I don't hate the yellow, but I don't love it either :D

Dig the green, but not sure what color print would look good on that.

What about navy/yellow print? (Of course navy with pink print would be sweet, but I don't expect anyone else to like that)

I'll buy and wear any shirt you decide on. I would buy the shorts too.

speedysktr
September 1st, 2006, 07:56 PM
I don't hate the yellow, but I don't love it either :D

ditto that, maybe even a shade more luke warm. That's just me, I'm dark and I like dark colors.

I like the green the best, suggest white lettering, possibly yellow.

Are you doing just one color in the print? I think Green w/white letters and red trim/accents would look cool.

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 08:27 PM
Does anybody hate the color of this green shirt?
http://www.coolmaxclothing.com/shortsleevecrew.html

We could do white or pale yellow letters, and we had a suggestion to try to incorporate a little red in the artwork.

If that green something you would never wear, what is your alternate color scheme suggestion?

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
September 1st, 2006, 09:06 PM
By the way Jessica, I saw your navy blue with yellow letters suggestion. That would look great, but would it be too dark for you guys in the Florida swamps? (see earlier comment from a Florida skater)

- Kathie

Code Monkey
September 1st, 2006, 09:11 PM
Really for me, whatever everyone else wants. I'll wear blue with pink, no problem. Seems like I've read more green with yellow or white, which is just fine. I like the coolmax idea since it looks as though my incredibly brilliant fashion idea with the tie dye concept got shot down. But alas I am just ahead of my time, it is 1965 right?

Jessica
September 1st, 2006, 09:36 PM
By the way Jessica, I saw your navy blue with yellow letters suggestion. That would look great, but would it be too dark for you guys in the Florida swamps? (see earlier comment from a Florida skater)

- Kathie

It doesn't really bother me, but that's just me. Jon B. is picky. :D

motosk8ter
September 2nd, 2006, 03:21 PM
I was looking over the thread and you can count me in for a "T" or two no matter what is developed. My suggestions are rooted in the "Function over Form" concept. Color is important for safety and use outside. Too dark would heat up too much and white is just so boring. Winter skating might lend itself to darker long sleeve shirts versus summer skating which might be short sleeved/muscle shirt. Wicking ability and comfort play an important part. Shorts would also meet the same standard and have cargo pockets for phones, tools etc., and be useful in other activities aside from skating. Finally, whatever is produced I get the sense it would be a marketing success with this crowd. Phil

Pepper Montana
September 2nd, 2006, 04:03 PM
I would request a 100% black cotton tee shirt with a pocket on the chest. I would like my "streetname" stitched on the front in gold thread, "Cubby." I want it delivered in a cardboard tube that I can add to my "tube" collection in the basement. I prefer Saturday deliveries because I don't like it when the postman leaves packages out front. My neighbors might see the package and want to know what is inside.

:D

Really, I am in for any choices you make. Sometimes the important thing is to just hop in one direction and know that whatever you decide, things will work out for the best. Count me in, please!

Ice Ramps
September 2nd, 2006, 08:01 PM
Kathie,

I used to have a skate park in Birmingham, AL. I got tired of paying large amounts for T-shirts so I bought a screen printing system. It was well worth the amount I paid. I also made some unit shirts for the Airborne school while I was assigned there, in fact my wife still does. I order my shirts from
http://www.t-shirtwholesaler.com/entre.asp?pg=main.asp
make sure you click screen printer (the rates are less) I did not mention this before because I am still assigned to Arizona and my screen printing equipment is in Columbus, GA. If you are willing to wait until mid December I could hook you up with T-shirts at just over cost (shirts+ink) just to help out. but If you think you would like to try this yourself go to
http://www.homecashbusiness.com
thier systems are not to pricey and pay for themselves after a short while
for example, you might have $4/5 in a shirt including ink and labor but you could sell them for $10 at a event. Another perk to this is that you can make shirts as you need them in little time. This works well and the ink does not wash out. It is not hard but you may make a few mistakes as you get started.
We allow for about 5-10% error rate when we order shirts, say if I need at 100 shirts I order 110.

Dale Campbell
www.iceramps.com

Ice Ramps
September 2nd, 2006, 08:16 PM
Also another perk, you could order multiple T-shirt colors (you hit volume discounts in increments of 12) and can use the same screen without having to clean it or change screens as long as you are using the same color ink ie: black ink on yellow, gray, red, blue or whatever color shirts. I can e-mail you pictures of the shirts we have done with the system we bought if you want.

Dale

Jon B.
September 3rd, 2006, 01:51 PM
It doesn't really bother me, but that's just me. Jon B. is picky. :D
And don't forget "BITCHY", Jon B. is definitely "BITCHY". Navy would be fine, my UnderArmour is black as well. Not my preferred color for sunny days, but certainly doesn't stop me from wearing it. I'd prefer slower skating partners too, but sometimes you just got to put up wit' da sh.. JB

Jon B.
September 3rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Ohh! And "WHINEY", did I mention whiney? Jon B. is definitely whiney.
JB

NWGlenn
September 4th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Ohh! And "WHINEY", did I mention whiney? Jon B. is definitely whiney.
JB

"WHINEY" is a color? Sounds kinda icky. ;)

Jon B.
September 4th, 2006, 03:51 AM
"WHINEY" is a color? Sounds kinda icky. ;)
Actually, the nursing techs in the hospital wear a color called "Wineberry" which is a very nice burgundy color. However to be worthy of Jon B. we'd have to change the name to "Whine-Very". JB

motosk8ter
September 4th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Lets watch "Roll Bounce" and get some outfits like those dudes. I can no longer support an "Afro" but I still got attitude!;) Actually I am very excited about these "Tee's" as they will really put this website into other skaters awareness.

Kathie, In the motorcycle world T Shirts are important if only to identify what you ride and where you have been as well as what is for sale. In the skate world I could see advertisers plastered all over the shirts as well as the location of the website. Hyper, Riedell, Roller Blade, Bont, K2 etc...They could support the creation of the T Shirts and in return get advertising. Hedrick could sign some limited edition shirts...you know that kind of thing. Just a thought. Phil

Clemens
September 11th, 2006, 11:04 PM
My preference: Coolmax, bright color, short sleeves, no sponsor message.

I cannot believe I put such a reply in this thread. I feel like taking part in the discussion if the toilet flap should be down or up when you leave it.

Please, Kathy, count me in (I will find a way to come around shipping costs to Europe), make a decision and go for it.

Best regards
Clemens

motosk8ter
September 12th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Kathie, Are you any closer to this or are you still gathering info? Phil

Kathie Fry
September 12th, 2006, 02:10 PM
<< Kathie, Are you any closer to this >>

As a matter of fact... Yes! I have requested a quote for silkscreening the green CoolMax shirts pictured on this page: http://www.coolmaxclothing.com/shortsleevecrew.html

The front of the shirts will say "SkateLog Forum" with "www.skatelogforum.com" in smaller letters underneath. The back of the shirts will say "Ask Me About Skating" in letters large enough to read from a distance.

I expect to have a quote sometime this week. I will keep you guys posted!

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
September 19th, 2006, 04:02 PM
OK, it's finally done! I place an order today for the first batch of SkateLog Forum t-shirts. The shirts will be the sage green, CoolMax, short sleeve, crew neck shirts on this page: CoolMax T-Shirts (http://coolmaxclothing.com/shortsleevecrew.html).

SIZES:
The shirts come in small, medium, large, and extra large, and I have asked the supplier to measure each shirt from sideseam to sideseam so you will know which size to order. I will post that information here when I receive it.

FRONT AND BACK IMAGE:
The front of the shirt will say SkateLog Forum on one line and www.skatelogforum.com on the second line in smaller letters. The back of the shirt will say "Ask Me About Skating" in letters large enough to read from a distance. The shirts will be sage green and the printing will probably be white. We can always do something different with the next batch of shirts.

COST:
For this first batch of shirts, I will cover the shipping and the one-time artwork and silkscreen costs myself, so the price of each shirt will be $15, which covers the cost of the shirt + a per-shirt printing fee. I might mark-up the shirts later, but for now there is no mark-up or shipping fee for our forum members.

HOW TO ORDER:
I'm not collecting money yet, and you don't have to send your size yet, but if you are certain you want to order a shirt, please post a note in this thread or send email to kathiefry@skatelog.com. That will let me know if I need to increase the number of shirts in this first order. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not include your street address or phone number in any messages you post in this forum.

And they said it couldn't be done...

XO!

- Kathie

PS: See also Free SkateLog Forum Business Cards (http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384)

mvirtue
September 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks Kathie! You are the best!

I'll take two.

speedysktr
September 19th, 2006, 04:58 PM
speedy wants one in Medium.

I suggest everyone send $20 so Kathie's expenses are minimized!

Kathie Fry
September 19th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks Speedy - you are SUCH a nice guy! But actually, I will be fine, because I can always recover the costs later when I sell the shirts to non forum members. I really don't mind contributing to each shirt since the shirts will attract more people to this forum. More skaters, from more different places, means more interesting discussions!

- K

Bill
September 19th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Kathie,
I'll take a large. the $20 everyone else is sending should cover me. do you have red?

.... JUST KIDDING!
Good idea, everyone send $20/per shirt if they can....
and I will take 2 large please, in the color you chose.
Bill

Kathie Fry
September 19th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Bill, this time all the shirts are sage green, but we can select different colors for future t-shirt orders, especially if later on we order some cotton shirts in addition to CoolMax (cotton comes in more different colors).

Thanks!

- Kathie

skaterdog
September 19th, 2006, 05:15 PM
put me down for 2 XL shirts......

speedysktr
September 19th, 2006, 05:20 PM
More skaters, from more different places, means more interesting discussions!
are you bored with me already? :( oooh, the pain

Code Monkey
September 19th, 2006, 05:22 PM
I'll take one xl shirt.

Jessica
September 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Yay! I would like a small please :)

Jon B.
September 19th, 2006, 07:12 PM
One small, one large. Thanks for your tenacity. JB

SkateSkateSkate
September 19th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I'll buy one - size Medium :)

Pepper Montana
September 19th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I'm in! XL, please.

NWGlenn
September 19th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I'll take one sz small, Kathie. Today's cross-over marketing suggestion - throw in a half dozen of your new Forum business cards, gets 'em out there with people who will move them.

and as we're being warm and fuzzy today...

XO back to ya

Kathie Fry
September 19th, 2006, 11:52 PM
<< throw in a half dozen of your new Forum business cards >>

Exactly what I planned to do! You are so smart...

- K

LezSk8
September 20th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Kathy, 1-Large for me and thank you for keeping this project moving.

LezSk8:)

motosk8ter
September 20th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Kathie, Please send me two extra Large and please sign mine...Thanx, Phil

Kathie Fry
September 20th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Here is some sizing information provided by our t-shirt supplier:

Small - 30 to 36 inch chest
Medium - 38 to 40 inch chest
Large - 42 to 44 inch chest
Extra Large - 46 to 52 inch chest

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
September 21st, 2006, 12:16 AM
Just FYI... I plan to give t-shirt sizes to our supplier on Monday, September 25 so if you can give me your size before then, that would be great.

- Kthie

motosk8ter
September 21st, 2006, 12:50 AM
Kathie, 2 extra large. Would you sign it? Phil

Kathie Fry
September 21st, 2006, 01:23 AM
Would you sign it? You're kidding about that right Phil? My handwriting is not that great... I think I would just mess up a perfectly good shirt! LOL...

- Kathie

Jon B.
September 21st, 2006, 01:59 AM
You're kidding about that right Phil? My handwriting is not that great... I think I would just mess up a perfectly good shirt! LOL..
- Kathie
OK, how about this. Spray paint your face and then imprint it on my shirt! That'll be a gas! JB

Kathie Fry
September 21st, 2006, 04:08 AM
haha... I can just imagine doing that!

- K

online inline
September 21st, 2006, 07:44 AM
Couldn't imagine life without one of these hot tomales!
Medium please.

Thanks, Kathie.

gbo
September 21st, 2006, 08:31 AM
Great job, Kathie.

small for me, please.

gbo

motosk8ter
September 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM
Kathie,

I would be honored if you sign it! I know the work you do to keep this forum afloat and you are the founder!:) You are a heroine in my book and your chicken scratches would be welcome on my perfectly good shirts. :D Use the non-eraseable marker please! I figure people who have made a difference in my skating would be welcome to sign it and you definitely are one of those folks:cool: Phil

mvirtue
September 21st, 2006, 04:25 PM
1 - small
1 - large

Thanks!

Jon B.
September 21st, 2006, 04:28 PM
haha... I can just imagine doing that!- K
Would it look like this?

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/BoazEhud/Kathiehuffer.jpg

Kathie Fry
September 21st, 2006, 04:32 PM
O-M-G!!! :eek:

SeJoWa
September 24th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Size S, please! I'll chump up for the shipping to Switzerland.

Kathie Fry
September 27th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Well, it's finally done - I ordered the SkateLog T-shirts today! Everybody who placed an order should receive a message from me today requesting a shipping address. I sent the messages to the email address you used when you signed up for this forum. I have asked the t-shirt supplier for an estimated ship date, and he will give me one after they figure out how long it will take to generate the artwork.

- Kathie

Jon B.
September 27th, 2006, 02:24 PM
YOUR ARE THE BOMB BABY!!!
Can't wait. JB

skaterdog
September 28th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Hey Kathie

I didn't get an email...basketbills@hotmail.com

Kathie Fry
September 28th, 2006, 02:28 PM
OK BasketBill - message sent!

- K

Clemens
September 29th, 2006, 11:41 PM
...from sideseam to sideseam so you will know which size to order. I will post that information here when I receive it.
The supplier's site has some information about the chest size and according to that I am on the border between M and L. So I will go for M to motivate me to convert my one-pack into a six-pack ;-)

At the end of October I will be in the Washington area. Do you think the shirts will be ready then?

Best regards
Clemens

Kathie Fry
September 29th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I hope so, but I don't have an estimated due date yet. I should have it soon.

- Kathie

NWGlenn
October 2nd, 2006, 01:23 AM
The supplier's site has some information about the chest size and according to that I am on the border between M and L. So I will go for M to motivate me to convert my one-pack into a six-pack ;-)

That's convert the "pony-keg" into a six-pack :D

hungryrollerblader
October 2nd, 2006, 05:24 AM
I like that idea, and I might buy one.

Also, what if we got small "skatelog" stickers, for, like, our helmets and skates and car windows and lockers and stuff.

Kathie Fry
October 2nd, 2006, 05:38 AM
what if we got small "skatelog" stickers, for, like, our helmets and skates and car windows and lockers and stuffGreat idea - I'll look into it! We do already have business cards, which I'm giving away free to people who want to distribute them to other skaters.

- Kathie

Spins
October 3rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Kathy,

Sorry I haven't been reading these posts but there are many areas here that I have not checked on. My biggest concern on first see this was a $20.00 cost or more and backed off from reading. Perhaps le$$ and such a T-shirt might be more not only be popular but wantable.

Provided you don't find an image somewhere that suits your tastes, that may happen anywhere along the way of our development as well, then I'd be glad to help out with the graphic design. I do heraldry work in a forum and have a background with design once working in marketing arm of an advertising firm.

The choices of direction can be many but it sure needs to be a design that gets attention instead of a static skate image. Got any graphics or ideas as yet? This sounds like fun:D .

Let's start a thread to post updates, concerns or design possibilities. I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready (oops) too much Spongebob:) (wait he's square)...

Gary
o-o

Kathie Fry
October 3rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
Just FYI, the t-shirts are $15 USD, which includes what I am paying for the shirt and a small amount for printing each shirt, but no markup. The SkateLog Forum Web site is covering the cost of the artwork, silkscreen, and shipping to buyers. If you know of a place that has really good prices for CoolMax shirts, let me know, and we will consider them for future orders if they are less then the supplier I am using now.

This first batch of shirts will only have text (SkateLog Forum and "Ask Me About Skating"), so skaters in all disciplines can wear it, but we can consider putting images on future shirts. We can also consider offering both cotton and CoolMax in the future, because cotton comes in many more colors. I was hoping to use teal for these shirts, instead of the sage green we're ordering now, but I could not find CoolMax shirts in teal or turquoise.

- Kathie

Spins
October 3rd, 2006, 04:48 PM
As an quad skater it would not hurt me to see a flamming inline graphic. But I mean really flamming!!!--not in a bad way.

I could never skate on them again because of the balance doesnt' feel best to me.

Gary
o-o

hungryrollerblader
October 4th, 2006, 02:47 PM
As an quad skater it would not hurt me to see a flamming inline graphic. But I mean really flamming!!!--not in a bad way.

I could never skate on them again because of the balance doesnt' feel best to me.

Gary
o-o

You get used to it. When I was a little kid, and I would ride quads at the skating rink, I used to make the mistake of hitting both brakes at once.

Kathie Fry
October 6th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Update on the SkateLog Forum t-shirts:

The vendor expect to give me the artwork for review by the middle of October. I'll give you another update after I receive it.

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
October 19th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I received the artwork for our SkateLog Forum T-shirts, but I haven't given the go-ahead to print the shirts yet. Here's what the artwork looks like:

FRONT OF THE T-SHIRT:
http://www.skatelogforum.com/images/t-shirt-front-288x300.jpg

BACK OF THE T-SHIRT:
http://www.skatelogforum.com/images/t-shirt-back-289x300.jpg

Does this artwork look OK?

- Kathie

Jon B.
October 19th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Kathie!, where's my silk screen picture of you! :D
Get's past me. JB

Pepper Montana
October 19th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I like it. Do it!
(Maybe add a sentence affirming the universal rights of humankind to wear the helmet of their choice!)

SkateSkateSkate
October 19th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I like it! :)

badnews
October 20th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Okay. I'm confused.

We're supposed to PAY for these t-shirts that are advertising someone's website?

<feh>

hungryrollerblader
October 20th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Okay. I'm confused.

We're supposed to PAY for these t-shirts that are advertising someone's website?

<feh>

yup. we're so wrapped up in what we buy that we pay the company to advertise THEIR products. We become a walking, talking billboard.

SkateSkateSkate
October 20th, 2006, 12:09 AM
people pay all the time and advertise for someone. Besides, Kathy runs this awesome site at no cost to us so the least we can do is help out and promote it and help make it grow even bigger and make even more skater friends. :)

Pepper Montana
October 20th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Okay. I'm confused.

<feh>

I can't speak for the skate goddess but I would imagine that she forgives you. You just don't know any better.

hungryrollerblader
October 20th, 2006, 12:25 AM
I know, I was just joking

badnews
October 20th, 2006, 12:54 AM
I can't speak for the skate goddess but I would imagine that she forgives you. You just don't know any better.

Look...I'd crawl naked over a mountain of broken glass to sniff the wheel trails of her skates, and I'd go down to Venice Beach and wear a Fuzzy Bear Suit in the burning sun to sell them for her to aged hippies, she's my goddess, but I ain't gonna buy one. :D

LezSk8
October 20th, 2006, 01:30 AM
It works for me. I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it. Hurry!

LezSk8 :)

hungryrollerblader
October 20th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Look...I'd crawl naked over a mountain of broken glass to sniff the wheel trails of her skates.....

Run Kathy! He's a stalker!!

speedysktr
October 20th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Badnews, you don't strike me as a dyed in the wool skater and your unwillingness to pony up validates that. Many of us on this board have developed lasting friendships and are excited to promote the site that was the avenue for that. Likewise many of us remain concerned about the future of skating and are happy to have a chance to promote skating in general, because we're like that. The concept of the shirt is to direct people to the site, but ultimately it's about closing the gap between questions and answers for skaters and potential skaters. You've made your choice about your role in that process, but it's never too late to change your mind.

btw, Kathie is not the skate goddess, I'd say more of a bodhisattva ;)

badnews
October 20th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Badnews, you don't strike me as a dyed in the wool skater and your unwillingness to pony up validates that.

No. You must have missed the part where I gave a very detailed description of how bad I suck at skating. I'm a newb to skating. I have no secrets. Ask away. Be careful what you ask for, though. :D

Many of us on this board have developed lasting friendships and are excited to promote the site that was the avenue for that.

Yes, sir. I can see that. Maybe I should start using more smileys with my posts? :D :D :D :D

Likewise many of us remain concerned about the future of skating and are happy to have a chance to promote skating in general, because we're like that. The concept of the shirt is to direct people to the site, but ultimately it's about closing the gap between questions and answers for skaters and potential skaters.

Trust me...if I wasn't interested in skating, and you, I wouldn't be here. In fact, this post wouldn't even exist. :cool:

You've made your choice about your role in that process, but it's never too late to change your mind.

Fine. You've shamed me into buying the damned shirt.

Kathie! Put me down for two of the suckers!!! :D

Pepper Montana
October 20th, 2006, 12:57 PM
btw, Kathie is not the skate goddess, I'd say more of a bodhisattva ;)

I was wondering how to straighten that out, thanks, Speedy. I just picture Kathie as being the face of the goddess for some reason.

Pepper Montana
October 20th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Fine. You've shamed me into buying the damned shirt.

This will go down on your permanent record. And you just received a sincerity point, too. HUGS!

badnews
October 20th, 2006, 01:10 PM
This will go down on your permanent record. And you just received a sincerity point, too. HUGS!

Well, you know what "they" say about sincerity, don't you?

Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.

speedysktr
October 20th, 2006, 01:43 PM
<In a thick german accent>

"I'm as happy as a little girl"

<with both hands pinches shirt and pulls away from chest>

"NOW IS THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN WE DANCE!!!"

speedysktr
October 20th, 2006, 01:56 PM
btw, watch dmorg and the hugs. His hands are subjected to different laws of gravity then most others. :eek: ;) :p :D

badnews
October 20th, 2006, 01:56 PM
<In a thick german accent>

"I'm as happy as a little girl"

<with both hands pinches shirt and pulls away from chest>

"NOW IS THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN WE DANCE!!!"

:D

You see...it's like this...I'm not exactly the "class clown," because I'm not really joking around. However, it has been my experience as vast as it is on bulletin boards, that there is a propensity for many a member to become wound up so tight that you couldn't pull a pin out of their rectum with a tractor. And while I may be viewed as somewhat "inappropriate" by some, maybe by many or even all, I don't know, I have vowed to way too many people younger than I am that I shall urinate (and much, much worse) on their graves and because of their inability to loosen up the old sphincter, I'm sure I will make good on those vows.

I think one of the main things people forget on a bulletin board is just that. It's ONLY a bulletin board and we have to examine why we come here. Some are here for comraderie and friendship, some are here for strictly business, no room in their lives for anything else and it is those who resent others who are not as intense about "things" in general as they are.

So, what am I saying? This place is an outlet for me to express inner anxieties and thoughts that I wouldn't otherwise share with people I know in a real world situation. Is what I say appreciated? Probably by only a very few.

I haven't been banned yet anyways. :cool:

speedysktr
October 20th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Badnews, you don't strike me as a dyed in the wool skater and your unwillingness to pony up validates that.
That remark was a little too much and I apologize. My constant desire is to include rather than exclude and that remark was out of line with my goal. I have to admit that the way you phrased your initial refusal to purchase a shirt irritated me so I chose to saltcoat my words rather than sugarcoat. If you pay any attention at all you'll see that my intensity extends equally toward irreverance in addition to the passion for skating.

<< visualizing Badnews leaning against a gravestone, desperately trying to pee>>
"gimme a minute, damn prostate, stop watching, I'll never go if you're watching" ;)

badnews
October 20th, 2006, 02:40 PM
That remark was a little too much and I apologize. My constant desire is to include rather than exclude and that remark was out of line with my goal. I have to admit that the way you phrased your initial refusal to purchase a shirt irritated me so I chose to saltcoat my words rather than sugarcoat. If you pay any attention at all you'll see that my intensity extends equally toward irreverance in addition to the passion for skating.

<< visualizing Badnews leaning against a gravestone, desperately trying to pee>>
"gimme a minute, damn prostate, stop watching, I'll never go if you're watching" ;)

Got it, dude. One thing people generally notice about me is that I am thick skinned.

As for Midnight Special runs to the graves of our friends, I am reminded of this bit of lore...

At a certain age, it becomes important to realize that we: (a) Never pass a restroom, (b) Never trust a fart, and (c) Never waste an erection. :cool:

Kathie Fry
October 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Kathie! Put me down for two of the suckers!!! Badnews, if you really want to order two shirts, please send email right away to kathiefry@skatelog.com with your mailing address and your shirt size (S-M-L-XL). I'm not collecting money yet, but the price will be $15 per shirt.

- K

1.flatwheel
October 29th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a great idea..:)
Umm I have a few white and grey t shirts already.. boring:(
I like more of the flashy kind my self.. :cool:
pink with aqua lettering would be cool
Umm blue with orange lettering
any contrasting color combination is often eye catchy ;)
Something cool so that when hitting the streets with our T's people stop look to read :cool:
really bright T's for speed skaters whizzing along the streets :) saftey factor.:)

or somelike cirque du soleil, always loved there T's with the color screening they do.. eye catching ;) ... not oh my gosh what happened here:eek:

maherwoman
October 29th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Kathie, we would love to have two as well! Wonderful!! :)

online inline
October 29th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Is their Kids sizes?

maherwoman
November 1st, 2006, 11:18 AM
Is their Kids sizes?

Great question! I bet my daughter would be PROUD to wear one!! :D

Kathie Fry
November 1st, 2006, 05:06 PM
I am suppose to receive our SkateLog T-Shirts in the next one or two weeks. When I receive them I will take a photo and post it here, and I will start accepting payment and shipping shirts (If you ordered a shirt, I'll send you a message when I receive them). If you ordered in the last two or three weeks, I'll fill your order from a second batch of shirts. I'm holding off on ordering the second batch until we see how the first batch comes out.

I'm excited! I hope they look good...

-Kathie

Kathie Fry
November 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Our first batch of SkateLog T-Shirts have arrived!

Most of them were mailed Monday and Tuesday, November 13 and 14. Skaters in the U.S. and Canada should receive their shirts in the next few days and in Europe and Asia, in about a week.

Let me know what you think of this first run of shirts. I'm ready to order a new batch, but I'm holding off until you guys receive your shirts, so you can let me know if you recommend changing the fabric, color, or design.

- Kathie

PS: I don't recommend putting these shirts in the automatic clothes dryer because they have a lot of screen printing. Maybe it would be OK but I wouldn't chance it.

Pepper Montana
November 15th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks, Kathie! This is going to be great!

mvirtue
November 15th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks Kathie!

PS: I don't recommend putting these shirts in the automatic clothes dryer because they have a lot of screen printing. Maybe it would be OK, but I wouldn't chance it.

Just one more special care laundry item that my wife will just shrug her shoulders at and roll her eyes.

rwsz
November 15th, 2006, 06:15 PM

Most of them were mailed Monday and Tuesday, November 13 and 14. Skaters in the U.S. and Canada should receive their shirts in the next few days and in Europe and Asia, in about a week.

Let me know what you think of this first run of shirts. I'm ready to order a new batch, but I'm holding off until you guys receive your shirts, so you can let me know if you recommend changing the fabric, color, or design.

- Kathie

PS: I don't recommend putting these shirts in the automatic clothes dryer because they have a lot of screen printing. Maybe it would be OK, but I wouldn't chance it.

cant wait to get them Kathie,,,thanks,,,,will wear it proudly,,,,,have a good one

Rick

Jon B.
November 15th, 2006, 08:53 PM

Most of them were mailed Monday and Tuesday, November 13 and 14. Skaters in the U.S. and Canada should receive their shirts in the next few days.

Received today, Wednesday the 15th. They are just fine, kind of liked the AAS forum "look" better, but we ain't them no more no how. Thanks Kathie, just in time for the Bill Jackson Trail Skate. "The check is in the mail" JB

Kathie Fry
November 15th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Jon, there's no reason we couldn't print "Ask About Skating" instead of "SkateLog Forum" on the front of the next batch of shirts, if that's what everybody preferred, as long as the URL was pointing to the new site. The only thing is, if we did that, the front and the back would look rather similar, since the back now says "Ask Me About Skating".

I'm glad you received your shirt!

- K

chunchmeow
November 15th, 2006, 09:11 PM
any chance i can make a request for one?

just 1 in a size small?

thanks Kat!

Kathie Fry
November 15th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Sure Chunch. I'm going to be ordering a second batch of shirts soon. I'm going to wait a week or two before placing the next order because I want to hear from the recipients of the first shirts before I order another batch.

- Kathie

Kathie Fry
November 15th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I included a few SkateLog business cards with the t-shirts I shipped this week, but only a few because I totally used up my supply of cards this week. Today I ordered 2000 more cards and I should have them in about a week. I can send as many as you want after they arrive. To order a supply of free SkateLog business cards - so you can tell other skaters about our forum - send email to kathiefry@skatelog.com and include your name, shipping address, and the quantity of cards you want.

- Kathie

chunchmeow
November 15th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Sure Chunch. I'm going to be ordering a second batch of shirts soon. I'm going to wait a week or two before placing the next order because I want to hear from the recipients of the first shirts before I order another batch.

- Kathie

thanks muchly!

gbo
November 16th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Kathie,

Got mine today. Many thanks.

Jon B.
November 16th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Jon, there's no reason we couldn't print "Ask About Skating" instead of "SkateLog Forum" on the front of the next batch of shirts, if that's what everybody preferred, as long as the URL was pointing to the new site. The only thing is, if we did that, the front and the back would look rather similar, since the back now says "Ask Me About Skating".

I'm glad you received your shirt!

- K

The shirts are fine as is Kathie. I think "Skatelog.com" is the most appropriate, I just liked "AskAboutSkating.com" No complaints, (except maybe the BORING color - NOW full alert yellow! There's a shirt! ;) JB

speedysktr
November 16th, 2006, 03:39 AM
no yellow!

NWGlenn
November 16th, 2006, 04:21 AM
any chance i can make a request for one?

just 1 in a size small?

thanks Kat!

Chunch...Got the 'small' I ordered today; if you fill out a run of the mill 'small' tee you might consider going for a 'medium'. I usually wear a small with a nice fit but this one will definitely be a cold water wash and drip dry.

Kathie: Check's writ, wrapped and stamped; will mail in morning, 09-16

gbo
November 16th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Hey! I just noticed that Kathie didn't sign my t-shirt. 'Sup with that?

Jon B.
November 16th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Hey! I just noticed that Kathie didn't sign my t-shirt. 'Sup with that?
Hmph! That's peculiar, she signed mine........:D JB

chunchmeow
November 16th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Chunch...Got the 'small' I ordered today; if you fill out a run of the mill 'small' tee you might consider going for a 'medium'. I usually wear a small with a nice fit but this one will definitely be a cold water wash and drip dry.

Kathie: Check's writ, wrapped and stamped; will mail in morning, 09-16

eh the tighter it is the more my boyfriend will love it.

mvirtue
November 16th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Hmph! That's peculiar, she signed mine........:D JB

You're special JB...

mvirtue
November 16th, 2006, 04:09 PM
eh the tighter it is the more my boyfriend will love it.

Thank you for sharing :D But it was too much information :p

chunchmeow
November 16th, 2006, 04:10 PM
pfft hehe

Pepper Montana
November 16th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Hmmph, Mr. VIRTUE earning his name...

mvirtue
November 16th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Hmmph, Mr. VIRTUE earning his name...

I'm not less prurient than the next guy. But I don't need to know what gets other people off.

speedysktr
November 16th, 2006, 04:50 PM
speedy thought it was just the right amount.

chunchmeow
November 16th, 2006, 04:50 PM
i was joking man, sheesh.

speedysktr
November 16th, 2006, 04:51 PM
That's MR. Crabby to youse.

Jon B.
November 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I'm not less prurient than the next guy.
What a vocabulary! "Pruritis - it's not just for Dermatology anymore!" JB

mvirtue
November 16th, 2006, 05:27 PM
What a vocabulary! "Pruritis - it's not just for Dermatology anymore!" JB

Hey, even through my drug/cold induced stupor a big word sometimes comes out. I apologize, I'll try to tell my brain off.

speedysktr
November 16th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Just so you know, it was my idea. ;) You'll see in a few minutes.

LezSk8
November 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM
My shirt arrived in the pm mail. Thanks Kathy! Project well done. Thanks for the signiture too. My checks in the mail. (Isn't that reassuring?!)

Mr. Virtue wrote: Thank you for sharing But it was too much information I'm not gonna go there. Besides, you young bucks are doing fine without me.:rolleyes:

LezSk8! :)

Jessica
November 16th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Ok, got my shirt - I am the first to post my pictures in the shirt (no, it wasn't my idea - see above :) ).

http://www.jessicalynnwright.com/images/skatelogshirt1.jpg
http://www.jessicalynnwright.com/images/skatelogshirt2.jpg

Thanks Kathie - love the shirt!

Jessica
November 16th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I just had an idea- we should have a t-shirt contest for most creative picture while wearing the Skatelog t-shirt. What do you think?

SkateSkateSkate
November 16th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I got mine today. Its great. Thanks Kathy!! :D

The checks already in the mail to you :)

Bill
November 16th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Got mine hoy!
And the writing wasn't backwards... :p
Thanks Kathie!

b.

Kathie Fry
November 16th, 2006, 11:31 PM
the writing wasn't backwards
Phew!!!

Jon B.
November 16th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I just had an idea- we should have a t-shirt contest for most creative picture while wearing the Skatelog t-shirt. What do you think?

Hmmm, let me work on that. JB

LezSk8
November 17th, 2006, 01:00 AM
How about a group picture at the Bill Jackson? A must!

LezSk8! :)

speedysktr
November 17th, 2006, 02:06 AM
somebody could stuff the goody bags with skatelog cards! or pass them out.

Pepper Montana
November 17th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Kathie,
Thank you, the shirt is perfect and I am looking forward to wearing it with pride. I love the color, btw. Thank you!

mvirtue
November 17th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Mine hasn't gotten here yet. Hmm... I had no mail yesterday...I wonder what the mail man was wearing today....

Jessica
November 17th, 2006, 03:00 PM
somebody could stuff the goody bags with skatelog cards! or pass them out.

Doh, why didn't I think of that? What would I do without you? :)

I probably could have asked ahead of time to put them in the goody bags. Oh well, I'll just pass them out tomorrow.

motosk8ter
November 18th, 2006, 09:39 PM
The shirts are out there:confused: but not here:eek: . Is it something I wrote?

Phil

mvirtue
November 18th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Mine showed up. So I can stop blaming the postman. NWGlenn teased me with his on Friday at practice though.

Thanks again Kathie for all your hard work!

Kathie Fry
November 18th, 2006, 10:47 PM
motosk8er, I sent you a private message about your shirt.

- Kathie

motosk8ter
November 19th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Thanx Kathie, I saw it. Not a problem! Phil

skaterdog
November 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I didn't get mine. Looking forward to it.

speedysktr
November 20th, 2006, 04:59 PM
s-dog, is that your dog in the picture? Just curious. ;)

skaterdog
November 20th, 2006, 05:20 PM
No my dog is a big Black Lab but he gets that same look on his face....

speedysktr
November 20th, 2006, 05:34 PM
...don't we all.:rolleyes:

JuGGalo_Sk8
November 21st, 2006, 01:21 AM
So what do i gotta do for a shirt? Someone PM me with some info.

speedysktr
November 21st, 2006, 02:45 AM
speedy is working on a pic. His shirt was washed and it looks fine. Kathie, speedy is ready to order another one, but dang if he wouldn't like one in black!

rwsz
November 21st, 2006, 03:17 AM
Phew!!!

lol,,,,Kathie i got the t-shirt,,,thanks its great, love the feeling of it and the color too,,,good for an old man, not too bright lol :D . mailing payment in the morning, we are lucky to have you on the forum as it was an expense for you to do this upfront and then mail to them everybody.

Thanks again
Rick

rwsz
November 21st, 2006, 03:17 AM
lol,,,,Kathie i got the t-shirt,,,thanks its great, love the feeling of it and the color too,,,good for an old man, not too bright lol :D . mailing payment in the morning, we are lucky to have you on the forum as it was an expense for you to do this upfront and then mail to them everybody.

Thanks again
Rick

oops forgot to mention love the magnets and business cards.

Rick again

skaterdog
November 21st, 2006, 05:33 PM
Dang..I hope I get mine today..I'll wear it to skate practice.

speedysktr
November 21st, 2006, 06:00 PM
hey, I thought you gave up on indoors!

skaterdog
November 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM
Well Speedy I stuck with it and haven't hurt myself since I rededicated myself to working at it. I guess until I move to Florida someday I'll make it my bad weather routine. Getting my forum shirt in the mail will give me a huge boost of confidence.

Kathie Fry
November 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Skaterdog, you should have received your shirt by now. I hope it will show up in the next few days. Please let me know.

- Kathie

skaterdog
November 21st, 2006, 08:19 PM
OK Kathie...thanks..I'll keep you posted.

SeJoWa
November 21st, 2006, 10:46 PM
T-Shirt arrived yesterday - it's nice and fits well. I'm looking forward to wearing it next year when the Monday Night Skates resume in May... :cool: May! :eek:

Thank you, Kathy!

motosk8ter
November 24th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Got the T shirt. Will get the check in the mail ASAP, as soon as I get back from Yuma. Nice shirt and sure appreciated all the little goodies! Phil

Jessica
November 24th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Where are all the pictures? :( Come on people, pony up!

mvirtue
November 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
OK I'll get Madeline to pose with the T-Shirt.

skaterdog
November 25th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Well, Kathie, I haven't received mine yet...

motosk8ter
December 7th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Kathie, Got the shirt in about a week ago. I wore it to the rink and had more people come up and Ask Me About Skating:D . Great shirt and it sure does make a statement. Thanx for the brilliant idea and let me know when you will get another version going. I think there will be more folks hitting the site from Albuquerque than before due to the shirt:cool: .

Phil

Kathie Fry
December 7th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I wore it to the rink and had more people come up and Ask Me About Skating That's been my experience too. Once I wore my "ask me about skating" shirt to Disneyland and spent practically the entire day talking about skating. Good way to meet guys (and girls) too!

- Kathie

skaterdog
December 7th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I wish I could wear mine to session skates...any chance I will be getting a shirt Kathie? Ruff!