PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

MikeQ
January 14th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Hey again everyone!

Everytime I go skating at my rink, I have to rent skates and everytime i go to my rink, i come home with blisters on my right foot the size of half dollars! On the inner part of my heel, and in the front of my arch. Is there anything i can do about this? I have been getting a size nine and they dont have half sizes. Is there a certain way of tieing them? As of right now i have just been tieing them as tight as i can.

SkateSkateSkate
January 14th, 2007, 11:35 PM
hmm not sure.......rental skates are horrible and they usually don't have 1/2 sizes so most people go up a size and that sometimes can cause blisters. Do they have a pro skate shop there? If so, ask if they sell blister pads. They are great and cost probably .50 and if you know where you get your blisters all the times just put the pads there and it helps alot. maybe if you skate alot you can invest in a decent pair of your own skates eventually. Nothing like your own skates :)

lee-mcdonald
January 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
thicker socks can help a lil 2

MikeQ
January 15th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Right now im saving for a pair of riedell carreras for session skating/roller dance/rythym skating..but until that i have to deal with rentals..ill ask about blister pads.

hikkergurl
January 15th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Mike,
Since you know where your blisters are going to appear, be one step ahead and right before skating, place the "Blister" Band Aids in those areas. I swear they help. When I got my skates I did this after my first time skating on them and really never had a blister problem again. I am getting another pair soon, so I've already stocked those Blister Band Aids in my skate bag:biggrin:

Liz

MNGreene
January 16th, 2007, 05:52 AM
thicker socks can help a lil 2

Or maybe a lot. I bought some inlines a half size too large and got blisters. I kept the skates (long story) started wearing thick wool socks and have had no blisters or even hot spots. Some will argue, but for a lot of skaters, I think thick wool socks are a solution.

RogueAPBT
January 17th, 2007, 06:20 AM
One trick to renting skates, if you go to the same rink a lot. First, find the most comfortable pair you can. Second, look at the number on the skate (at least, at our rink, each pair has a unique number, like 923 would be size 9, pair number 23). Once you find a pair that's decent, then just remember the number, and when you go, get there as early as possible, and ask for that specific pair every time. It's not quite as good as owning your own, but it's better than skating in a different pair every time and should help with the blister problem once your feet get used to them. Also, you can do things like clean the wheels and maybe oil the bearings, if maintenance is not that great, and have a better roll while you're waiting to buy your own. :)

Cheryl

onewheelskate
August 11th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Mike,
Since you know where your blisters are going to appear, be one step ahead and right before skating, place the "Blister" Band Aids in those areas. I swear they help. When I got my skates I did this after my first time skating on them and really never had a blister problem again. I am getting another pair soon, so I've already stocked those Blister Band Aids in my skate bag:biggrin:

Liz

I got em don't want em:confused: