PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To SNYDER SKATES ?

JiMEE
September 2nd, 2006, 01:51 AM
Hello fellow Sk8ters,
I recently tried to visit www.snyderskates.com and it appears the site is down. I also googled Snyder Skates to see if they have a new site, but just the old inactive one showed up. I then tried calling the company and got an answering machine which appeared to be a personal phone.

Did they go out of business, or maybe bought by another company?

:confused:

NWGlenn
September 2nd, 2006, 03:41 AM
Hello fellow Sk8ters,
I recently tried to visit www.snyderskates.com and it appears the site is down. I also googled Snyder Skates to see if they have a new site, but just the old inactive one showed up. I then tried calling the company and got an answering machine which appeared to be a personal phone.

Did they go out of business, or maybe bought by another company?

:confused:

I seem to recall that they were bought by/ merged with Sure-Grip. 'Just quick checked the Sure-Grip site and couldn't find any confirmation. You might e-mail Sure-Grip and see if they are forthcoming. Good Luck

JiMEE
September 3rd, 2006, 05:19 AM
THanks for the info. I sent an email to Sure-Grip. Hopefully if they did merge with Snyder they will have parts available. I want to try some extra-hard cushions on my Snyders.

JiMEE
September 6th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Well, I called Sure-Grip, and yes, Snyder and Sure-Grip are basically the same company. I told them the Snyderskates.com site was not active. They said they are trying to contact the company that runs their site or something like that.

So, Snyder Skates is still in business!