PDA

View Full Version : Skater Died After Being Hit By a Bus

Kathie Fry
September 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Here is some very sad news from Rochester, Minnesota USA:

"A 23 year old woman is dead after being hit by a bus in Downtown Rochester. It happened while she was attempting to cross a busy thoroughfare." - Read Full Article at KTTC (http://www.kttc.com/News/index.php?ID=5769)

According to the above article, she was on the crosswalk when she was hit by the bus and dragged 30 feet. This just sounds so terrible!

- Kathie

SkateSkateSkate
September 8th, 2006, 11:36 AM
thats awful :(

motosk8ter
September 8th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I know we do it but skating in traffic always makes me nervous. Of course I get that way on the motorcycle or even the car. This was tragic and I am very sorry to see this. Phil

spinjumpsk8
September 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
This is tragic indeed, of course, it oculd be worse, she could have died with her skates in the closet. Wait, would that really be worse, shes still just as dead. Sorry to hear about this

sk8scott
September 9th, 2006, 03:09 AM
That blows. She was in the crosswalk, too. Chances are that she had a clear crossing, or so she thought, and the bus driver turned without seeing her. The "busy thoroughfare" comment makes it sound like she was reckless, but more likely she was crossing the way many of us have done countless times - I know I've crossed many a "busy thoroughfare" on skates. Just goes to show that even being careful isn't always enough.

----Scott

mentally dull
September 9th, 2006, 01:49 PM
as a skater who skates most of the time on the road, mixing with traffic, this is shocking - each time such news makes the round it brings it back home how dangerous it is to skate (or cycle, for that) in traffic, and how little protection we have without that metal cage around us...