PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Finn 427
November 14th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I finally MADE the time to get to skate these bad boys outdoors. Not the best timing of the day at 33c / 91f but i took what i could.
I must take my hat off to all the guys and gals who do this on a regular basis.
With all the varied gradients and ground changes, it is for sure a bigger workout than any indoor stuff i have done..
The wheels got their use for the first time and were surprisingly nice to roll. They took almost everything, sticks and dirt and tree bark, timber bridge crossings etc with no real worries. And for their $50 price they felt even better. Thanks for that Cass38a:smile: I am glad to say i will be getting more time to skate outdoors which i am sure will help me get better at my indoors as well. Just thought i'd share.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/Finn427/Snapbucket/1FDB40AA.jpg

I spent an hour cruising around in a place maybe 5 minutes drive from home that i didn't even know existed and here it is
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/Finn427/Snapbucket/322E44DC.jpg
It has a fair few kays worth of nice new paths that surround a small free water park as well for when you get to hot.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/Finn427/Snapbucket/701B1E6C-1.jpg

Morning session, not to friendly on the bling:frown:
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/Finn427/Snapbucket/2E45EDD1.jpg

cass38a
November 14th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Glad they worked out for you. I have found the opposite and the better you get outdoors your indoor suffers a little bit as you dont do anywhere near the crossovers. Still get fit though:biggrin:

malajusted
November 15th, 2011, 09:24 PM
i wouldn't go jumping down those stepps in the photo with them
But love the training park they bilt for you nice place

Ohlingsrus
November 20th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Looks like you had a good time. Skates look great.

Armadillo
November 20th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I will not forget the diameter of those Jammer wheels, since they tell me twice that they are 64mm, but do you happen to know the firmness spec on them?
The hub looks like a clone of the outstanding 49mm hubs used with the Velocity Race and RD Twister wheels for sure, and if it is the same urethane too, that would put them in the "soft-high-rebound" SHR 83A-84A range.

-Armadillo

Finn 427
November 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Looks like you had a good time. Skates look great.

Hey thanks! It was good yet punnishing as I am so unfit:tongue: really different to be outdoors. Certainly get some looks too as I have not seen a single person on skates/blades anywhere around here, ever.

Dillo, I have no idea what the Duro is on these or hub size but I can at least measure the hub when I get back home in a week or so. The grooves are pretty well gone on a few wheels already after I have spent maybe an hour or so on them. Not that that can really give any insight into their hardness??

Cass gave me the tip on them, maybe he can get an idea on Duro from a new set from down his way??

gotsk8s
November 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Looks like an awesome day for outdoor even if it was hot. Take advantage of those.
I was thinking the same thing as dillo but I think the hub is closer to the Pacer Mach 5 (which is probably the same as the RD Twister) because of the bearing bore size. The Velocity Race has the smaller bore but anyways ...
Its great that you found a place close to the hut. I found a place but I need to get a waiver signed because its on school grounds. Just waiting on them.

Ohlingsrus
November 21st, 2011, 03:23 AM
Hey thanks! It was good yet punnishing as I am so unfit:tongue: really different to be outdoors. Certainly get some looks too as I have not seen a single person on skates/blades anywhere around here.

I know what you mean. The only other skaters I have seen are a couple of college coeds out for a leisurely inline skate. I especially love the strange looks from cyclists when I pass them. I love to skate so I couldn't care less.

Armadillo
November 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Looks like an awesome day for outdoor even if it was hot. Take advantage of those.
I was thinking the same thing as dillo but I think the hub is closer to the Pacer Mach 5 (which is probably the same as the RD Twister) because of the bearing bore size. The Velocity Race has the smaller bore but anyways ...
Its great that you found a place close to the hut. I found a place but I need to get a waiver signed because its on school grounds. Just waiting on them.

Nice catch on the hub being more a match to the Mach 5 wheel.
The giveaway is that the spokes do not taper down slightly as they head out from the center to the rim. The lighter hubs of the RD Twisters and V-Rs both have this taper, and they are 65/70mm not 64mm. Still curious on the duro though. At least these Jammers take the standard 22mm bearings!

-Armadillo

cass38a
November 25th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Using my calibrated thumb nail I would put the wheels at about 80A:D

I recommended them to him based on nothing more than the "feel" I gave them in the pro shop the dimentions. However my number 1 reason for the recommendation was the very low price, perfect for somebody who is not a hard core outdoor skater (yet).

I am going to get my own set of these and will give a review on them once I roll them (after the fat man in red visits that is).

Finn 427
December 2nd, 2011, 04:57 AM
Got around to measuring the hub. As it is so hard to measure as the hub is almost part of the tyre, it came in at around the 49mm mark.
How does that compare to other outdoor wheels? Good or bad?

Armadillo
December 2nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
The 49mm is as big as I have seen, and I like big hubs.
The downside is that this makes the urethane layer very thin, and especially with the OD at only 64mm, it exacerbates the potential problem of urethane separation from the hub. The heavier the skater and the thinner the urethane layer, the faster you can expect to see urethane coming away from the hub, starting at inside of wheel and working toward the center.

-Armadillo

Finn 427
December 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
The 49mm is as big as I have seen, and I like big hubs.
The downside is that this makes the urethane layer very thin, and especially with the OD at only 64mm, it exacerbates the potential problem of urethane separation from the hub. The heavier the skater and the thinner the urethane layer, the faster you can expect to see urethane coming away from the hub, starting at inside of wheel and working toward the center.

-Armadillo

Well at 240ish pounds i guess im as heavy as skater as any to put that to the test. I will post up any info as it may arise.

loony888
December 3rd, 2011, 06:32 AM
you FAT bastard!:rolleyes:

Finn 427
December 3rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
you FAT bastard!:rolleyes:

Hell yeah man!! I resemble that remark:D