PDA

View Full Version : Not enough drama lately...

fierocious1
February 28th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Somebody install some spherical bearings in the trucks please.... :biggrin:

Dec8rSk8r
February 28th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Yeah, it's like watching paint dry sometimes. ;):smile:

funkysk8r
February 28th, 2012, 02:51 AM
think i'll take some pics of someone elses setup to generate some business on the side... oh wait! ALREADY BEEN DONE:D

alpine
February 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM
That thread didn't last long... so, what caused Kathie to pull the plug?

Knighttime
February 28th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Deletion of purely ad hominem attacks with no evidence to substantiate a claim? Sure.

But removing threads with documented proof of malfeasance just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Very disappointing...

EDIT: I KNEW I should have screen grabbed everything for posterity.

Knighttime
February 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
think i'll take some pics of someone elses setup to generate some business on the side... oh wait! ALREADY BEEN DONE:D

And threads documenting your dishonesty will be removed, to the disservice of the community.

fierocious1
February 28th, 2012, 04:11 PM
So I stayed out of it. When not being involved, you can still get stuff flung on ya! So.....

Spikey B
February 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Is this going to turn into a thread bitching about a thread bitching about a douchebag?

Really guys... let it go! sh!t happens, dude's an a$$. If any one wants to use him as a skate builder then that's they're own stupid fault.

Obviously members are going to keep an eye on him from now on so if he starts stealing pictures this entire thing will happen all over again :rolleyes:

To the person who mentioned they have extra wrenches for the avenger.... pm me please!

8-Ball
February 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM
What ever.... protection of the dolt.. and to hell with the masses... nice mentality..

I am completely confused...

bolivia
February 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Let's talk about the best cushion combinations and configurations ever used! Yipee!!!!

alpine
February 28th, 2012, 04:34 PM
So... pissing battles based solely on opinions can rage for months, but a self proclaimed skate building guru caught in the act of ripping off other people's work, not once but several times is taboo.

Not to mention, he personally attacked the very people that owned those photos and asked him to take them down

Or, what about the folks he is trying to build a business around in his opinion are mentally unstable :confused:

I feel sorry for the folks that have something built or take advice from him and then wind up back here seeking answers only to find out they might have avoided the whole thing if searching for him showed his true colors.

Nathan_
February 28th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Maybe this is a good time to discus pivot pin adjustments. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm sure Atkinson isn't the only one that could use a refresher.
We are here to help educate..

Dec8rSk8r
February 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Maybe she deleted a thread or two because of name calling? Or legal slander liability issues? :confused:

I do think the word has probably gotten out, and our points have been made, but we should do whatever it is we feel compelled to do. :) Personally, I am not going to continue arguing with someone who appears to be mentally handicapped, and whose actions indicate there is a moral bankruptcy as well. I have to wonder if anyone with an IQ over room temperature would even consider taking their business to this person anyhow?

fierocious1
February 28th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Maybe this is a good time to discus pivot pin adjustments. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm sure Atkinson isn't the only one that could use a refresher.
We are here to help educate..

I was thinking angle, not action line... LOL

funkysk8r
February 28th, 2012, 05:09 PM
And threads documenting your dishonesty will be removed, to the disservice of the community.

Yes, i was only joking of course-I SKATE skates, not BUILD them..

RIC0
February 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.quadzoneforums.com/images/aw_jeez.jpg

Kennedy
February 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
That thread didn't last long... so, what caused Kathie to pull the plug?

Anytime his name is mentioned in any way, the thread gets deleted. Every time no matter what.

HK47
February 28th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Someone with knowledge of SEO could make a website which links him to honest descriptions of his actions. Yaknow, like that Mr. Santorum.

fierocious1
February 28th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Yes, i was only joking of course-I SKATE skates, not BUILD them..

I can build your skates for you. And let you skate the stuffin's out of em'! :)

fierocious1
February 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I just converted/upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium on my main computer. This was the easiest upgrade ever. Almost seamless. It saved all my old files, all I had to do was go and get them and transfer to locations of my choosing. It chased down several drivers and installed them for me. Usually I do not like new operating systems from Microsoft, takes a while for them to grow on me. I hated Vista and just jumped over it to 7. A good move this time around. Gotta upgrade my wife's laptop next to 7. Should be very easy and super user friendly.

Elysarian
February 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Maybe she deleted a thread or two because of name calling? Or legal slander liability issues? :confused:

I do think the word has probably gotten out, and our points have been made, but we should do whatever it is we feel compelled to do. :) Personally, I am not going to continue arguing with someone who appears to be mentally handicapped, and whose actions indicate there is a moral bankruptcy as well. I have to wonder if anyone with an IQ over room temperature would even consider taking their business to this person anyhow?

It's not slander if it's true...

slan·der

   [slan-der] Show IPA
noun 1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.

2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/name).

3. Law . defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

guess it *could* be libel though - if he could get a good enough lawyer...

li·bel

   [lahy-buhl] Show IPA noun, verb, -beled, -bel·ing or ( especially British ) -belled, -bel·ling.
noun 1. Law . a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.

b. the act or crime of publishing it.

c. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.

2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.

verb (used with object) 3. to publish a libel against.

4. to misrepresent damagingly.

5. to institute suit against by a libel, as in an admiralty court.

Why can't we all just get along?

Oh, and I like windows 7 too - so much more stable and quick to install than previous versions of windows :biggrin:

okie
February 28th, 2012, 07:12 PM
2 4 barrels 427cu in 425 HP,also legal for Nascar and NHRA in the old days. 426 hemis,427 chevys. 427 was the cubic limit and advertized factory hp to class Super stock etc.

427 Also came in the Shelby Cobras. Limey ones had 260,289s. AC Bristols etc.

Intake valves to big (and I have new ones) No room to bore out the heads for hard seats. Yuk. So took off a set of 390 heads in pick your own parts old ford wrecking yard here.And having seats installed in these. Will loose some rpms but?

I was only getting beat to 100 by a Nissan Titan. And barley. Should be running by next weekend. 1967 Ford F250. Haul my dirt bike back and forth to track and desert in it. We all line up and drag race to 100 on way home.
okie

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/maicomanron/fordmotorpartsandskatewheels003.jpg

Elysarian
February 28th, 2012, 07:18 PM
2 4 barrels 427cu in 425 HP,also legal for Nascar and NHRA in the old days. 426 hemis,427 chevys. 427 was the cubic limit and advertized factory hp to class Super stock etc.

Intake valves to big (and I have new ones) No room to bore out the heads for hard seats. Yuk. So took off a set of 390 heads in pick your own parts old ford wrecking yard here.And having seats installed in these. Will loose some rpms but?

I was only getting beat to 100 by a Nissan Titan. And barley. Should be running by next weekend. 1967 Ford F250. Haul my dirt bike back and forth to track and desert in it. We all line up and drag race to 100 on way home.
okie

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/maicomanron/fordmotorpartsandskatewheels003.jpg

They not have lead substitute like this: http://www.vintageandsportscarservices.co.uk/castrol-valvemaster-lead-replacement-petrol-additive-250ml-126-p.asp where you live Okie? - from what I recall from my car maintenance days (before they computerised everything) you put something like that in to prevent knocking and valve wear.

Dec8rSk8r
February 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM
It's not slander if it's true...

guess it *could* be libel though - if he could get a good enough lawyer...

It sure isn't :), I was taking a wild guess or two at the motivation behind deleting them. I was just as annoyed as anyone by his actions and believe I willl hush up now so I am not being a killjoy. :D;)

okie
February 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Big valves and real strong springs have pounded the cast iron seats to deep into the cylinder heads. Todeep to regrind and use with hi lift cam and heavy springs again. Valve would be to far up in the head,the rocker arm ratio would be off and spring would coil bind if valve end ground off to make right ratio.

I will add the lead additive and 104 plus octane booster to the use now when I get back running. Not a everday driver just a fun truck and thats it. Old time horsepower and torque vs new stuff.

BIG Valves,big ports,big AIR!!!! Big gas use too.

RU still enjoying the new skate boot design skate action??? Nothing like it HUH!
okie
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/maicomanron/fordmotorpartsandskatewheels001.jpg

fierocious1
February 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM

okie

Not so oversized valves being a problem as much as low lift velocity. Keep the big valves and run less cfm carbsl and smaller/lower rpm intake.

fierocious1
February 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Been looking at putting 454 crank/piston set in a 427 truck block. Get more rpms out of it with better rod angle.

Iggy
February 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Anytime his name is mentioned in any way, the thread gets deleted. Every time no matter what.

Hmmmm....so what you're saying is if we bring up he-who-shall-not-be-named in any thread that Okie starts going off about how we can't skate over here, it'll get deleted? SWEET :D

Knighttime
February 28th, 2012, 10:12 PM
http://www.quadzoneforums.com/images/aw_jeez.jpg

That is pure win. :smile:

bolivia
February 28th, 2012, 10:21 PM
those heads need shaved.

rufusprime99
February 28th, 2012, 11:18 PM
What ever.... protection of the dolt.. and to hell with the masses... nice mentality..

I am completely confused...

Welcome to the club.

dvw
February 28th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Something like this would have been posted ages ago. :frown:

http://babyanimalz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/baby-platypus-500x379.jpg

scrapdaddy
February 28th, 2012, 11:38 PM

http://babyanimalz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/baby-platypus-500x379.jpg

hey,, i you stoll that from fresh edie fresh. he made those, thief...

scrapdaddy
February 28th, 2012, 11:39 PM
LMFAO

Kennedy
February 28th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Hmmmm....so what you're saying is if we bring up he-who-shall-not-be-named in any thread that Okie starts going off about how we can't skate over here, it'll get deleted? SWEET :D

Tried it once, and it worked.

okie
February 28th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Any body here? Watch "Shameless" Sunday nights Show time?

Are you normal if you watch regularly?
okie

fierocious1
February 29th, 2012, 12:26 AM
That was so close! I ducked just in time!!! :tongue:

Christopher-T
February 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Any body here? Watch "Shameless" Sunday nights Show time?

Are you normal if you watch regularly?
okie

I live in Ky Okie, in da sticks.. B.F.E... i don't have t.v. service. lol. if i had to pay for tv i couldnt travel an hour every weekend to skate. i would only be able to go on dollar night here locally and on thursdays.

whats the tv show about okie? is it a drama based show,.. :biggrin:

Holiday Guy
February 29th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I live in Ky Okie, in da sticks.. B.F.E... i don't have t.v. service. lol. if i had to pay for tv i couldnt travel an hour every weekend to skate. i would only be able to go on dollar night here locally and on thursdays.

whats the tv show about okie? is it a drama based show,.. :biggrin:If it drama you what it's Cheaters, Maury,Jerry Springer Steve Wilkos.

Pyrettablze
February 29th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Ha Ha Ha, OMG too funny. http://www.cafepress.com/atkinsons.61338606
There is a roller derby thong.

rufusprime99
February 29th, 2012, 06:09 AM

It is kind of kinky when certain undergarments go from girl to guy. One could say it is a "whiff" of eroticism.

This is probably the first time such an undergarment will be sold "pre-whiffed" in anticipation of it being worn. :eek::(

Secure site. Buy with Confidence. Wear with..... trepidation? :confused::(

(yeah, yeah. My mind is in the gutter. I'm gonna blame it on the Voldemort Effect. ;))

Hot Lips
February 29th, 2012, 06:19 AM

But look at you, embracing your inner Freshness, dvw. While we would still miss Fresh Eddie's pictures, if everyone committed to derail drama instead of heaping it on, maybe it would be less boring and toxic on here.

HK47
February 29th, 2012, 09:02 AM
427 Also came in the Shelby Cobras. Limey ones had 260,289s. AC Bristols etc.Depends on the Shelby, lots of GT500s got upgraded to side-oilers after they were sold ... anyway, if it's going in a truck wouldn't you be better off with a few more cubes rather than worrying about the RPM?

Oh yeah, and AC Ace does not equal Shelby Cobra! IIRC there was only one Shelby built in the UK, and that was one of the Daytonas - which is a little different to the others since it was built to specs read out over the phone and stuff got lost in translation!

bmb527
February 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Been looking at putting 454 crank/piston set in a 427 truck block. Get more rpms out of it with better rod angle.
If you put a 454 crank in a 427 you get a 454. A 427 Chevy is a 454 block with a 396 crank. It is a common engine to build out of junkyard parts.

fierocious1
February 29th, 2012, 02:11 PM
If you put a 454 crank in a 427 you get a 454. A 427 Chevy is a 454 block with a 396 crank. It is a common engine to build out of junkyard parts.

Your rod angle is not as bad. Truck(tall deck)blocks are.400 taller and so are the connecting rods. So the rod angle in relation to the cylinder is better, preventing problems at higher rpms, like piston galling and cylinder wall failures.

skate mech
February 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Your rod angle is not as bad. Truck(tall deck)blocks are.400 taller and so are the connecting rods. So the rod angle in relation to the cylinder is better, preventing problems at higher rpms, like piston galling and cylinder wall failures.

That happened to our first Hybrid engine. Hybrid as in, Neon DOHC head on a Turbo 2 89 common block. 2.5L turbo Dodge engine has a 4.09" stroke, and short rods, we put a 2.5" split in cylinder #3 first time on the dyno.

Doc Sk8
February 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM

He may have never seen the fat aluminum manifold spacers for this mod... I seem to recollect someone was doing that block in aluminum (World perhaps?) but I could be way mixed up.. I have not cracked a Hot Rod, a Pop Rod, Car Craft, Super Chevy etc except for a quick skim through since the 90s...

scrapdaddy
February 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
so when you get that built, i wanna run
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k507/scrapdaddytatum/P1050378.jpg

scrapdaddy
February 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM
He may have never seen the fat aluminum manifold spacers for this mod... I seem to recollect someone was doing that block in aluminum (World perhaps?) but I could be way mixed up.. I have not cracked a Hot Rod, a Pop Rod, Car Craft, Super Chevy etc except for a quick skim through since the 90s...

they make a manifold for this mod now.....and im deep into the rod world, well, its what i own and drive
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k507/scrapdaddytatum/P1050376.jpg

okie
February 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM
4.230 bore X 3.780 stroke. Begin its life as a RPM Big Block. 6000. 1963.4 Bolt mains with cross bolts. Horribale to work on. Block casting extends below the crankshaft. But they do run.

427 Truck tall block the other way. More truck pulling torque. The wrecking yards are full off them around here. Pick your own parts. Most city and state highway depts used these engines in there service dump trucks.

I often wondered why nobody trys to fix one? They all have governors on them 2. Can they be reved up with a different rod length,pistons,special pin heights??? That ain't cheap?

Hong Kong Phooey Roller Solid Lifters and Roller Rockers. If she blows,ain't going to be cheap? It is just a ford. All Ford trucks are much better than old Chevys and Dodges etc.
okie
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/maicomanron/fordmotorpartsandskatewheels002.jpg

scrapdaddy
February 29th, 2012, 03:23 PM
i think my small block stroker might put the spankin on your big block, torque will only get you so far.....

okie
February 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Whose heads are those Brodix? Real nice full flange and cnc stuff.

But? Flat tappets?

Brodix????,If so You gotta ago there one Day. Mena Ark.

Skate Rink. Old couple own it and have for years. They have their own walk in trophy room. Full off pictures and stuff from the Snyder family years.

What do you think about Jack Roush's new Ford Nascar engine designs. Making more power than the chevys now.
okie

scrapdaddy
February 29th, 2012, 06:20 PM
yes brodix, mill work work and assembly by me.....roller 331, 40 over, 11/1.....

Finn 427
February 29th, 2012, 10:57 PM
i think my small block stroker might put the spankin on your big block, torque will only get you so far.....

Why not have both:biggrin: Big cube stroker small block. My baby 378, Decent rpm, i could turn this to 7500 all day, Ok HP 600, torque 530+
This was the first STD 2V head version
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/Finn427/IMG_2560.jpg
Then the Alloy headed version Which is now out and a full aftermarket Yates block with 410 cubes and a bit more fun in the mix on its way.;)
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/Finn427/102_1875.jpg

skate mech
February 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I'm finding pics of my Hybrid engine and posting them now.:):):)

RIC0
February 29th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I guess my built ATV chassis and motor from years ago is like bringing a knife to a gun fight in this thread....:( Bigger carb, bored, high comp piston, ported, race cam, 110 octane race fuel, lightened flywheel, pimp daddy clutch kit and so much more.. $15,000+ which I raced for years in the GNCC series. talk about torque?? I coudl crack the throttle on this bich and make it do a back flip if I felt the need... LOL and those are carbon rims with Tireballs inside. NO Flats baby.

http://www.quadzoneforums.com/images/368.JPG

http://www.quadzoneforums.com/images/370.JPG

http://www.quadzoneforums.com/images/371.JPG

Finn 427
March 1st, 2012, 12:06 AM
THAT looks like a fun ride indeed ^^^:D Lots a fun

RIC0
March 1st, 2012, 12:22 AM
THAT looks like a fun ride indeed ^^^:D Lots a fun

With $3,000 in shocks alone you don't even slow down for a 4-5 inch thick log across the trail. Hammer down and hold the F*&* on....:D

I raced MX for a few years and after a broken back (90 foot trimple jump gone wrong), teeth knocked out, crushed insides and what not I went to the woods for XC racing. Dodging trees at 30+MPH also lead to many injuries so once the kids came along daddy took up cycling and sold my 4 wheels of fun...:( Well l guess you could say after 7 years I replaced the 4 wheels of offroad for 4 wheels inside a rink....:biggrin:

Finn 427
March 1st, 2012, 12:40 AM
I dont own a bike due to the fact that i am competently incompetent.
Meaning I Am fully aware that I ride out of my abilities and I am better off not on One:tongue:
I dont like to loan bikes either as i end up having to get them fixed before i hand them back which is false economy in my books:rolleyes:

They are a sh1tload of fun though:D

scrapdaddy
March 1st, 2012, 01:06 AM
i broke my first femur on a blaster......

loony888
March 1st, 2012, 10:57 AM
I dont own a bike due to the fact that i am competently incompetent.
Meaning I Am fully aware that I ride out of my abilities and I am better off not on One:tongue:
I dont like to loan bikes either as i end up having to get them fixed before i hand them back which is false economy in my books:rolleyes:

They are a sh1tload of fun though:D

you could borrow one of mine finn.....................:D

quantoo
March 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
they make a manifold for this mod now.....and im deep into the rod world, well, its what i own and drive
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k507/scrapdaddytatum/P1050376.jpg

Theres a dodge challenger on ebay australia at the moment.thats 1580+ at the wheels in soft tune.they even have a you tube link of it on the dyno. its running a 528 blown on methanol.its a nice looking 1970 model in black duco black vinyl roof.

Damian73
March 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM
1964 Ford Falcon...

This pic, after returning from last year's Camp Quality esCarpade... about 7000km in 11 days.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LeQ1aBfKDoQ/TqNd77CavNI/AAAAAAAAHZM/o4cdmCDZm74/s1600/DSC01851.jpg

Self portraits while driving are the best!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PPoyQRhEMP4/TomhZ6mBdyI/AAAAAAAAF04/a7pqocAZ7aE/s1600/DSCF9150.jpg

Powerhouse... 250 pre-crossflow straight 6... Impressive array of horns though!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1D3w8CnXCDU/Tn8X6DOZNmI/AAAAAAAAFxQ/m_jWd_L6iT4/s1600/DSCF8290.jpg

scrapdaddy
March 1st, 2012, 11:39 AM
that cuda there, was sitting in a garage since 82, according to the inspection, owner was half bro's dad, we had to walk by this car every day till we moved out at 16, ronny was a hoarder and a alcoholic, but he left us the cuda, a 69 roadrunner, a comet gt, and a bunch of trucks an motors. this cuda is going to get a 440/427 hemi heads and a muncie 4 speed, why u ask, becouse the motor has been sitting on a burn in stand for 14 years waiting for this cuda......

Poobah
March 1st, 2012, 12:04 PM

Wrong. Here is a roller derby thong (http://esotic.com/thongwhip/).

I believe the pic is from 2007 Nationals. The "giver" of the thong whip was Princess America. The recipient was uh, lemme see. Oh yeah, Denise Lightning!

I danced with Princess America once, I think it was at an afterparty back in 2006 or so?

Reserector
March 1st, 2012, 01:13 PM
Wrong. Here is a roller derby thong (http://esotic.com/thongwhip/).

I believe the pic is from 2007 Nationals. The "giver" of the thong whip was Princess America. The recipient was uh, lemme see. Oh yeah, Denise Lightning!

I danced with Princess America once, I think it was at an afterparty back in 2006 or so?

Same old thong and dance. http://southernskater.com/images/smilies/rimshot.gif

funkysk8r
March 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM
LOL-somebody had to say it!

Doc Sk8
March 1st, 2012, 04:09 PM
You Aussies need to quit putting your pix up backwards.. Everyone knows the steering is on the left.. :p:D:D

fierocious1
March 1st, 2012, 08:51 PM
They are getting pretty good at flipping the decals and plates around though, great photoshppers....

Elysarian
March 1st, 2012, 09:08 PM
Is it wrong that I borrowed the battery from a Marmon (http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12851/Marmon-Model-34B.aspx)(Indy 500 pace car circa 1922) today?

We needed a 6V battery to test something with and the customer just happened to have the aforementioned car sitting in his garage alongside a Ferrari California and Rolls Royce Silver Ghost... just happened that the Ghost had been converted to alternator operation (and therefore 12v battery)

gotsk8s
March 1st, 2012, 09:16 PM
Is it wrong that I borrowed the battery from a Marmon (http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12851/Marmon-Model-34B.aspx)(Indy 500 pace car circa 1922) today?

We needed a 6V battery to test something with and the customer just happened to have the aforementioned car sitting in his garage alongside a Ferrari California and Rolls Royce Silver Ghost... just happened that the Ghost had been converted to alternator operation (and therefore 12v battery)
Yes, now you`ve gone and contaminated the terminals :mad: You bad bad person you :D

Hey, got pics of the California? :D

Elysarian
March 1st, 2012, 09:23 PM
Yes, now you`ve gone and contaminated the terminals :mad: You bad bad person you :D

Hey, got pics of the California? :D

Afraid not... it was under dust sheets (along with the rest of the collection) so I didn't take any pics :mad:

Poobah
March 2nd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Two of the last posts I read on that thread was someone calling that certain someone a DB. The next post was from someone else mentioning to her that stuff like that would be what caused the thread to get deleted. The first person I mentioned didn't seem to ever edit her comment, and the entire thread went away.

I don't imagine it's got anything to do with libel or slander. Those are civil matters, he'd have to get a lawyer. If he could afford one of those for something other than a criminal defense, he'd actually be the authorized skate dealer he pretends to be. Instead of someone who builds skates from stuff bought from actual dealers.

Nor do I think it's got anything to do with him or his name. The thread was going fine with his name and email mentioned several times. Where it and all the previous threads about him went off the rails was the personal attacks and name-calling. He kind of brings that out in people (and engages in it a good bit himself).

I've been on a message board or three with him for about five years. Everything becomes an argument like this with him. Even if he's not presenting the work of others as his own.

Kennedy
March 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Two of the last posts I read on that thread was someone calling that certain someone a DB. The next post was from someone else mentioning to her that stuff like that would be what caused the thread to get deleted. The first person I mentioned didn't seem to ever edit her comment, and the entire thread went away.

I don't imagine it's got anything to do with libel or slander. Those are civil matters, he'd have to get a lawyer. If he could afford one of those for something other than a criminal defense, he'd actually be the authorized skate dealer he pretends to be. Instead of someone who builds skates from stuff bought from actual dealers.

Nor do I think it's got anything to do with him or his name. The thread was going fine with his name and email mentioned several times. Where it and all the previous threads about him went off the rails was the personal attacks and name-calling. He kind of brings that out in people (and engages in it a good bit himself).

I've been on a message board or three with him for about five years. Everything becomes an argument like this with him. Even if he's not presenting the work of others as his own.

In derby, I have met a lot of great people and I have met some ultra hardcore d-bags. Seems like he-who-shall-not-be-named falls in the latter of the two groups.

On a side note, did he disappear from Facebook? Can not see his personal or business pages on my account or other people's accounts. Hmmmm.

Reserector
March 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
He posted on the SouthernSkater.com FB page something to the effect of "Thanks Kathie and Jessica. No more posts." I almost deleted it because it looks out of place; uncharacteristic of my page. I let it ride for now, though.

Dec8rSk8r
March 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Two of the last posts I read on that thread was someone calling that certain someone a DB.
Calling him that did him a big favor by finally getting the thread deleted.

On a side note, did he disappear from Facebook? Can not see his personal or business pages on my account or other people's accounts. Hmmmm.
I still see his business one - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Atkinsons-SK8-Paradise-Join-the-Custom-Revolution/128538683843773?sk=wall but not the other one.

8-Ball
March 2nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Calling him that did him a big favor by finally getting the thread deleted.

I still see his business one - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Atkinsons-SK8-Paradise-Join-the-Custom-Revolution/128538683843773?sk=wall but not the other one.

Here is the last thread posted on FEB 27th from his facebook page...

"Atkinson's SK8 Paradise-Join the Custom Revolution"

Just for the record.... I never ever was passing other people's skate pictures off as my own builds! I took some photos from Google Search and said that these are different styles that I can build! And put them in a folder called (different skate styles and designs) Are the people jealous of my many years of building custom skates. Yes our family has and was one of the first custom skate builders in ROLLER DERBY~ It lives on!!!!!!!!!

Like · · Share · February 27 at 10:56am ·

Michael Lomax whatever where is you pics of builds?
February 27 at 12:16pm · Like.

Amanda Piercy You were passing off pictures of someone elses skate workshop, their dog included as your own. Give it a rest.
27 minutes ago · Like.

"Atkinson's SK8 Paradise-Join the Custom Revolution" OMG...you please give it a rest...... NOT true and that was said 2
years ago...You get a life!
5 minutes ago via · Like.

Amanda Piercy I've got a great life thanks. Pity you can't own up to what we ALL saw.
3 minutes ago · Like

Eric Brazeau What I find amusing.. is you say you took pictures.. that said these are the differey styles that you can build? Who or what exactly said that you could build these? These photos that you took, were part of build discussion on a public discussion forum. A forum that your a member of, and you have next to NO involvement with. Its as if your there to gather information...yet not be a part of things. Its also as if.. you admit to creating 123 builds of your own...yet you own NO photos of these builds. If you built 123 custom skates.. why do you need to use OTHERS photos as to what you could build? AND for the record.. this wasnt 2 years ago.. this was just this year...
2 seconds ago · Like

If you go to the INFO Portion of this page.... *dies laughing*.... humble.. isnt he..:)

By Appointment Only! San Diego to Vegas
Hours
Mon - Thu:

8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Fri:

8:00 am - 4:00 am

Sat:

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Sun:

11:00 am - 3:00 pm

About

By Appointment Only!
Description

From the VERY famous Atkinson Roller Derby family. The first Roller Derby skating family with grandparents Buddy (Sr.) and Bobbie Atkinson all skated for Leo and Jerry Seltzer's
original derby.

From the VERY famous Atkinson Roller Derby family. The first Roller Derby skating family with grandparents Buddy (Sr.) and Bobbie Atkinson all skated for Leo and Jerry Seltzer's
original derby.

The history of Atkinson skating is one to celebrate and share with future generations of skaters and fans around the globe. Since 2005, I have processed many many custom orders and have built a solid reputation for being one of the best old skate shops selling products to the core derby/speed skating community in California.

I come to you from the heart of the skating industry, Southern California and major skate companies and distributors in Southern California and throughout the US. They say I am the Derby's Expert Skate Builder For Banked track skating.

General Information

One of my main focuses at "Atkinson's SK8 Paradise Enterprise, INC. is special custom skate packages for all needs and skill levels and the best Skate Performance Technologys that work!

I bring together practically any boot, plate, wheels, bearings, or accessory that you will ever need thanks to my incredible relationships....

Email
(CENSOR)

and for the record.. I will mention his name...and I have NO intention on passing this off as a finished topic. It annoys me to think that this thread was DELETED due to just someone using the DB word. Why not delete their INDIVIDUAL REPLY.. vs. the entire conversation. I mean really.. if I went on the thread "Post a Photo of your skates... some 2000+ replies.. and we delete the ENTIRE thread because someone called someone a DB in reply 2001??...

loony888
March 3rd, 2012, 06:37 AM
so i'm guessing DB = douchebag?

oh oh, did i say it..................:rolleyes:

8-Ball
March 3rd, 2012, 07:03 AM
so i'm guessing DB = douchebag?

oh oh, did i say it..................:rolleyes:

Yes.. you did.. and if you get this thread deleted cause of it.. Ill fly over to Aussie land.. and kick you dead in your roo~!

SERIOUSLY FOLKS.. how many ****ing times do you have to be told... DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL.. calling names.. etc.

The person in question... has done enough crapoola... to last 10 pages of content on a thread..

we need not derail the convo by stooping to calling names..

If you havent the ability to keep to the rules... leave the name calling out.. and debate with tact..*which with folks like this.. its like shooting fish in a bath tub.* stay out of the convo... and leave it those those... the enjoy the chase:)...

quantoo
March 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
that cuda there, was sitting in a garage since 82, according to the inspection, owner was half bro's dad, we had to walk by this car every day till we moved out at 16, ronny was a hoarder and a alcoholic, but he left us the cuda, a 69 roadrunner, a comet gt, and a bunch of trucks an motors. this cuda is going to get a 440/427 hemi heads and a muncie 4 speed, why u ask, becouse the motor has been sitting on a burn in stand for 14 years waiting for this cuda......

Do you mean 426 hemi heads?hemi heads never heard of them being put on to a magnum 440 style block im confused a little.
Muncie , dont you have new process 4speeds to go behind that?
I thought muncie was a chev trans,maybe its the same box just different extension and bell housings.

scrapdaddy
March 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Do you mean 426 hemi heads?hemi heads never heard of them being put on to a magnum 440 style block im confused a little.
Muncie , dont you have new process 4speeds to go behind that?
I thought muncie was a chev trans,maybe its the same box just different extension and bell housings.

yup 426, and the heads fit the 440, minor machine work to make things stay cool, and as to the muncie, they were put in just about everything here, im using a close ratio one that came from a dodge truck, and im using mostly junkyard/vintage parts round here, i dont have the money to buy new kit.
hot rod magazine had a whole right up back in the 80's about how to build this very setup and where to find the parts.....i think i have every peterson magazine printed since 61......

Doc Sk8
March 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
yup 426, and the heads fit the 440, minor machine work to make things stay cool, and as to the muncie, they were put in just about everything here, im using a close ratio one that came from a dodge truck, and im using mostly junkyard/vintage parts round here, i dont have the money to buy new kit.
hot rod magazine had a whole right up back in the 80's about how to build this very setup and where to find the parts.....i think i have every peterson magazine printed since 61......

Two oil return lines hanging out of each head, might as well.. You got the skills to build your own.. :D

scrapdaddy
March 4th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Two oil return lines hanging out of each head, might as well.. You got the skills to build your own.. :D

did a little reshaping an welded some holes up......

quantoo
March 4th, 2012, 10:13 AM
did a little reshaping an welded some holes up......

is that a oil crossover tube mod ,weld up the holes behind the camshaft oiling plate and run the crossover tube instead for high rpms.As per the mopar performance tuning manual a bob mullin modification.do you need to relieve oil pressure in the heads on these hence return oil lines as doc mentioned? would the magnum block be less prone to fractures in the valley?
muncies certainly whine like a new process.
do your muncies have straight cut gears also?

scrapdaddy
March 4th, 2012, 11:26 AM
is that a oil crossover tube mod ,weld up the holes behind the camshaft oiling plate and run the crossover tube instead for high rpms.As per the mopar performance tuning manual a bob mullin modification.do you need to relieve oil pressure in the heads on these hence return oil lines as doc mentioned? would the magnum block be less prone to fractures in the valley?
muncies certainly whine like a new process.
do your muncies have straight cut gears also?

had to give doc some of the wonderful details of that motor, i run the rear returns, fronts are welded, and i cut down the valley for the pushrods and built up the valley for the top row of head bolts.......and i think all mopar blocks had valley issues but i could be wrong, and you got tot get the oil out the top end and back to the pump, doesnt do any good hangin in the head, the muncie i have does not have straight cut gears, but does whine a bit, that gear drive on the timing on the otherhand, was like a whinny cory atkinson. i have a new process that is straight cut, was thinking about putting it behind the 383 an in the cuda......

quantoo
March 6th, 2012, 09:25 AM
had to give doc some of the wonderful details of that motor, i run the rear returns, fronts are welded, and i cut down the valley for the pushrods and built up the valley for the top row of head bolts.......and i think all mopar blocks had valley issues but i could be wrong, and you got tot get the oil out the top end and back to the pump, doesnt do any good hangin in the head, the muncie i have does not have straight cut gears, but does whine a bit, that gear drive on the timing on the otherhand, was like a whinny cory atkinson. i have a new process that is straight cut, was thinking about putting it behind the 383 an in the cuda......

Interesting stuff ,only thought the 392 hemi had the valley issues.426 is probably the same block stretched out.cudas look fantastic .I would love to section ,channel , widen, choptop,and rake a cuda.Make it look even squat tier, with all late model susp,front and rear end etc.