PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood is back on!!!

HK47
April 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Awesome news! Everglides have stepped up to the plate and secured August 26th at Goodwood for a roller marathon!!

It'll have a different name, and we have to wait a couple of weeks 'till they get pricing sorted, but it's happening :D

Right, I should crack on with those marathon skates I was building, lol ...

Keep your eye on their page HERE (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Everglides-ltd/151998501515420) for further news ;)

Gero
April 4th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Awesome news! Everglides have stepped up to the plate and secured August 26th at Goodwood for a roller marathon!!

It'll have a different name, and we have to wait a couple of weeks 'till they get pricing sorted, but it's happening :D

Right, I should crack on with those marathon skates I was building, lol ...

Keep your eye on their page HERE (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Everglides-ltd/151998501515420) for further news ;)

These are really good news! :D
On the other hand the way and stay for me from Germany is still very expensive for just one marathon race.

Speedy Dave
April 4th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Its not a race though this year, no timing, no races, just an empty track and you skate round it. :(

PeterM
April 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I've skated Goodwood when there was no racing. It is such a pleasant place to skate, to cruise around and enjoy the surroundings and scenery.

The race organisers from previous years are taking a break (at least I hope we will see them back again). Somebody stepped into the breach to offer us something - 3 cheers for them.

If I have one worry it is that some skaters may decide to make a race of it and not take due regard of others out for a pleasant skate. I hope I am wrong

HK47
April 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Well, me and many other people there will be tracking our own progress using phones; I can use it for total time over 11 laps and for a per-lap time, which is all I need to tell if I've beaten my last time, and thats all I wanted - I'm my own best competitor! :)