PDA

View Full Version : Transform Aggressive skates to Ice Skates UFS?

Foot2big
September 3rd, 2007, 03:25 AM
Can it be done? I thought I saw someone on here who has some.

The UFS rail setup, should allow a blade to be inserted somehow....

Is this available to anyone's knowedge? I'd like to hit the ice rink and play some hockey. Don't want new skates tho.

irishboy
September 3rd, 2007, 04:49 AM
send a private message to ICE WORX or something along those lines. he did something like that. google it.

s243a
September 3rd, 2007, 04:52 AM
Can it be done? I thought I saw someone on here who has some.

The UFS rail setup, should allow a blade to be inserted somehow....

Is this available to anyone's knowedge? I'd like to hit the ice rink and play some hockey. Don't want new skates tho.

Do you have an ice pond by your house? Otherwise where would you use these skates? The other interesing question is, would these skates have an H-block to slide on or would it be just one continous blade like in the case of skiing or snowboarding.

SpinifeX
September 3rd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Do you have an ice pond by your house? Otherwise where would you use these skates? The other interesing question is, would these skates have an H-block to slide on or would it be just one continous blade like in the case of skiing or snowboarding.

By the sounds of it you've never heard of an ice rink, and are not sure what ice skates are :\ .

I think its a kinda cool idea, other than three things:
1. Aggressive skates are much too wide for ice skating, especially hockey. you'll try to turn and hit the sole of your boot on the ice, pulling the blade off and your foot will slide out.

2. Weight, ice skates weigh next to nothing, aggressive skates on the other hand weigh a crapload, wont make it impossible to skate, but basically anyone NOT in aggressive boots will completely pwn you when it comes to hockey :P.

3. Dampness, your skates will most likely get wet... ice skates are made with pretty much no vents or holes, and no parts that will rust and fail, i dont know what skates you have, but my razor genesys 4.1s would get quite soaked, and possibly water damaged in time :( .

I dont mean to put a downer on it, i'm just pointing out things i think would be issues, so you dont realise them after you've spent a heap of money on getting ice blades for your skates.

if you were to do it though, perhaps getting some replacement blades for ice skates, and welding to pieces of metal either side of the blade at the top of it, so they act like spacers, and then drill holes where the bolt holes are, i dont see why that wouldnt work. you'd just have to make the holes fairly high on the blade to avoid your sole touching the ice when you turn too sharp.

s243a
September 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
By the sounds of it you've never heard of an ice rink, and are not sure what ice skates are :\ .

I think its a kinda cool idea, other than three things:
1. Aggressive skates are much too wide for ice skating, especially hockey. you'll try to turn and hit the sole of your boot on the ice, pulling the blade off and your foot will slide out.

2. Weight, ice skates weigh next to nothing, aggressive skates on the other hand weigh a crapload, wont make it impossible to skate, but basically anyone NOT in aggressive boots will completely pwn you when it comes to hockey :P.

3. Dampness, your skates will most likely get wet... ice skates are made with pretty much no vents or holes, and no parts that will rust and fail, i dont know what skates you have, but my razor genesys 4.1s would get quite soaked, and possibly water damaged in time :( .

I dont mean to put a downer on it, i'm just pointing out things i think would be issues, so you dont realise them after you've spent a heap of money on getting ice blades for your skates.

if you were to do it though, perhaps getting some replacement blades for ice skates, and welding to pieces of metal either side of the blade at the top of it, so they act like spacers, and then drill holes where the bolt holes are, i dont see why that wouldnt work. you'd just have to make the holes fairly high on the blade to avoid your sole touching the ice when you turn too sharp.

My point is that most ice rinks don't have places to grind so there wouldn't be much point in using a modified aggressive skate over a hockey skate, figure skate or speed skate. If it is your own yard you might be able to make ice ramps or bolt a P rail into the ice. You might even be able to ice your steps up and try some hand rails. Of course be ware of lawsuits. As for slipping out on the turns if your ice blades are high enough this shouldn’t happen.

SpinifeX
September 3rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
My point is that most ice rinks don't have places to grind so there wouldn't be much point in using a modified aggressive skate over a hockey skate, figure skate or speed skate. If it is your own yard you might be able to make ice ramps or bolt a P rail into the ice. You might even be able to ice your steps up and try some hand rails. Of course be ware of lawsuits. As for slipping out on the turns if your ice blades are high enough this shouldn’t happen.

apologies, i didnt realise you meant it like that. I see what you mean, i think he just doesnt want to pay for another set of skates... i got my ice skates for about 160 AUD, so about 100 USD, if you ice skate every once in a while, i think its a great investment.

Foot2big
September 4th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Yeah, I just don't wanna have to buy new skates. I got two pairs that fit nice and I like them. I'd only ice skate every once and a while. Would be nice to have my own, and not have to rent some ratty ol' stink boots. Plus, I'm comfortable in my boots finally, which is rare.

I suck at hockey anyway, it would just be with a couple of buddies, who are similarly challenged...just goofin off.

I'll look into the ICE WORX suggestion, Thnx Irishboy.

Peace all,
Dave

Demolishun
September 18th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I looked at this as well and decided that I will start doing slalom/aggro at the rink during the winter. I just don't see me wanting to go ice skating on my skates. I do nearly anything on roller blades that I can do on ice skates so why bother? Also, the roller rink is closer to my house. I expect to get much better at 360s and start doing 540s because I won't have any ramps to run.