PDA

View Full Version : Lace Tightener?

maherwoman
October 14th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Do these really work?

Are they really something I should look into, other than asking the above question?

Jibberish18
October 14th, 2006, 12:38 AM
What is this lace tightener you speak of? Linky please so I can see?

maherwoman
October 14th, 2006, 12:46 AM
T'would be this...
http://www.skates.com/Lace-Tightener-add-me-p/flt.htm

:D

badnews
October 14th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I'm presuming this device is for people who don't have fingers or don't know how to use them if they do?

Jibberish18
October 14th, 2006, 12:56 AM
I've never seen anything like this but I'm sure you have a hundred other hooks around your house that will function just the same. Don't get me wrong it probably works as advertised but it just doesn't seem worth of your hard earned cash.

If it were me I'd save the $4.99 + Shipping and buy me a good burrito from Chipotle. A nice fat steak burrito with extra rice and all the condiments is always a nice meal when you have it every once in a while. I say go for the burrito! ;)

maherwoman
October 14th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Here's part of the description:
"Pulls Laces up nice, fast and tight for better fit."

It also mentions something about them saving your fingers the agony of tightening laces.

It sounds like a part that's not needed, IMO...but thought I would ask, in case there's some benefit I'm not aware of.

Thanks! :)

maherwoman
October 14th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I've never seen anything like this but I'm sure you have a hundred other hooks around your house that will function just the same.

If it were me I'd save the $4.99 + Shipping and buy me a good burrito from Chipotle. A nice fat steak burrito with extra rice and all the condiments is always a nice meal when you have it every once in a while. I say go for the burrito! ;)

That's what I was thinking as well. Just thought I'd ask to make sure it was the hogwash I thought it was. Thanks! :)

fablemaker2
October 14th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Also, once those pretty new skates get broken in, they'll begin to form to your foot better, and you'll have an easier time lacing up.

mvirtue
October 14th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I have one of those from my ice hockey skates. They worked really well for them. I think I'd end up over tightening my speed skates if I tried it on them.

Pepper Montana
October 14th, 2006, 11:40 PM
It would be good for people who need adaptive appliances. People with arthritis might want something like that. I'm with Mark, on my boots the only part that I like to have tight is around my ankle.