PDA

View Full Version : skating across states

splashn95
October 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Hey all I have a question that I would like to find some info on. I am thinking about skating from New Jersey to North Carolina and I wanted some feed back on how this could be done. I will give more updates on myself tommarow but throw out some help untill then.

thanks Jerrett

Jon B.
October 16th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Hey all I have a question that I would like to find some info on. I am thinking about skating from New Jersey to North Carolina and I wanted some feed back on how this could be done. I will give more updates on myself tommarow but throw out some help untill then. thanks Jerrett
A. Put on skates
B. Find Route 9
C. Head south to 13S to 17S
D. Stop when the sign says "Welcome to North Carolina"
Glad I could be of help. Enjoy the trip. :D JB

maherwoman
October 16th, 2006, 11:01 PM
A. Put on skates
B. Find Route 9
C. Head south to 13S to 17S
D. Stop when the sign says "Welcome to North Carolina"
Glad I could be of help. Enjoy the trip. :D JB

Caution: watch for smart arse comments...hehe! :D

Pepper Montana
October 16th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Jon forgot A "and a half." Tie laces on skates.

Jerrett - go for it! If you are sincere the skate goddess will smile on you and provide you with everything you need. Is it just me or does the skate goddess bear a striking similarity to Kathie in your imagination? Yup, just me...

Do you have someone to drive the sag vehicle? That would be me my first concern. And lots of Tylenol. Lots and lots of Tylenol. Do you have any ideas for sponsors?

fablemaker2
October 17th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Yes, SAG wagon. Yes, Tylenol. Yes, Camelbak, with spares in the SAG wagon. Every three minutes, take a drink. Find gym's in each town, and then find the ones that will "sponsor" you a trip in their whirlpools and a sesh with their masseuses. Find small-time bagel shops that will sponsor you some energy food. Good for you, publicity for them! Find skate shops along the way to help you with wheel swaps, etc.

No need for one all-encompassing sponsor...unless you're a world-renowned skater, that probably wouldn't happen anyway, eh.

BWI-Sheldon
October 18th, 2006, 04:14 AM
When you roll through Baltimore area, let me know, I'll join you.

motosk8ter
October 18th, 2006, 04:36 AM
"Roll Forrest, Rolllll!:D "

online inline
October 18th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Hey all I have a question that I would like to find some info on. I am thinking about skating from New Jersey to North Carolina and I wanted some feed back on how this could be done. I will give more updates on myself tommarow but throw out some help untill then.

thanks Jerrett

you might watch for announcements about some really really craxy race they hold every year from Atherns, Georgia to Atlanta. with a little luck, and a little timinig, and a wrong turn or two getting out of town, you could probably find a skater or two from this messageboard to join you for that leg. Anyone ever heard of it?

splashn95
October 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM
well thats what I thought I would get, some smart azz remarks, but anyways.

its all good..

I am wanting to do this all by myself no driver. I am sure that would be the best way (with a driver) but I just dont have anyone that is from up here. My family is down in NC and thats why I decided to go that way.

I just got out of the Marine Corp so that should put "not being in shape" to rest, and I have been skating roughly 30-35 miles a day here in area for about a 2 weeks now, I know that I really need to bump this up if I want to make it there to NC faster.

I have wanted to do a across the US trip on bike ( I made that a goal of mine) when I was in the Marine Corp, but I have been thinking and doing this first would be a little easier and see if I would be able to tough it out.

Which routes should I stick too!! Is there any roads that are off limits to skaters? What about the Highways? I have tons of questions before I set off to do this.

It would be kool to meet other skaters on the way!

let me know guys/gals