PDA

View Full Version : Explain your screen name

speedysktr
October 25th, 2006, 02:23 AM
This is a do-over from the old forum, but it's worth repeating. Mine is pretty simple to figure out, BUT most people don't know (or care) that the all lower case is on purpose and that it pisses me off when people screw it up and call me speedyskater or speedysk8r etc. So there. Btw, it doesnt really piss me off so if you were about to go off half-cocked, hatching plans to rattle my cage with intentional misspellings; do your worst. That aside, explain your screen name.

ps. for those of you that changed your name from the old forum to this one, now's your chance to 'fess up.

Ice Ramps
October 25th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Hmmm Lets see, Ice + Ramps = Ice Ramps..... all kidding aside Ice Ramps is a project/ business I started earlier this year but it is a old Idea I've been kicking around since 1995 and finally decided to do something with it.

As far as old screen names go I honestly don't remember, but if I had to guess it may have been Ramp N Speed, the name of my old skatepark in Birmingham, AL I had opened during a break in service from the Army in 98.

Dale Campbell
www.iceramps.com

mvirtue
October 25th, 2006, 04:11 AM
simple first initial + last name. I've used it in enough forums that it's become second nature.

Jibberish18
October 25th, 2006, 04:41 AM
At the time their was a song from Dr. Dre featuring Eminem. One part in the song goes "Nowadays every body wanna talk, like they got something to say but nothing comes out when they move their lips just a bunch jibberish and Mother_______ wanna act like they forgot about Dre."

Well at the time I need to sign up to Ebay and lots of names were taken up and I was 18 years of age at the time. So I put 2 & 2 together and ended up with Jibberish18. I've had it for so many years on so many different websites that I have to use it.

Amy's_Keeper
October 25th, 2006, 05:43 AM
An ex-grilfriend of mine hid our relationship from her family and she told them I was a girl named Amy. I won her a pink stuffed dog at Knott's Berry Farm and she started calling it Amy too. She left it at my place because she didn't want her family to find out, Amy's Keeper(I just like underscores)

On the old forum I was Migrutly(wasnt a member long before changed)
Muttly from the Wackey Racers was my favorite cartoon character when I was younger. So I gave him a last name, Migrutly

online inline
October 25th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Muttly from the Wackey Racers was my favorite cartoon character when I was younger. So I gave him a last name, Migrutly

It always burned me up when Dick Dastardly smacked Mutly just becuase he was snickering. What a dispicable little sequence of events that was. What a pair. What a pair.

online inline
October 25th, 2006, 06:10 AM
online inline becuase all the clever names with an 8 in them were taken (insert Mutley's laugh here).

hikkergurl
October 25th, 2006, 07:47 AM
An ex-grilfriend of mine hid our relationship from her family and she told them I was a girl named Amy. I won her a pink stuffed dog at Knott's Berry Farm and she started calling it Amy too. She left it at my place because she didn't want her family to find out, Amy's Keeper(I just like underscores)

On the old forum I was Migrutly(wasnt a member long before changed)

So AK...... did her family ever find out about you?

I got mINE for a couple of reason's.
This guy I had dated was from Peru, and he came up with "hikkergirl" for my msn email account because I love to hike. In spite of his type -o, I kept it
because his English will always be better that my Spanish.

Then I took hikkerGirl to hikkergurl@yahoo. And to add to the mix since OAKS PARK PICS. came on the forum.......I'm Now CLOWNGURL, rICHGURL, AND OH SO`HAPPYGURL:p

mentally dull
October 25th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Explain your screen name
wut?
:p

Pepper Montana
October 25th, 2006, 10:28 AM
LOL at mentally dull!

On the old forum many of you knew me as "Camaro Driver." I chose that because I post the way I drive, fast and with a lot of style. My new name is actually an identity given to me by the federal witness protection program. It seems to be working out for me. Wish me luck, I think someone's knocking at the door.

fablemaker2
October 25th, 2006, 11:34 AM
fablemaker2: I like to write. Once, someone special told me, "write me a fable, and I'll make love to you!" I think I wrote about 25 fables for her in great haste, but she never followed through on her promise, so I called her a fablemaker. I continued to "make fables".

The "2" part. I was mentally dull when trying to reregister on the new forum here, and it kept telling me that account already exists. So....I added the sequel to the original fable.

N.B. I am not now, nor will I ever be, affiliated with another user here whose screen name resembles my state of mind when trying to reregister.

chuckboucher
October 25th, 2006, 11:53 AM
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I can't quite seem to figure out how to explain mine, so you'll have to figure it out for yourselves.

speedysktr
October 25th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Chuck, we went through this before. Your screen name is the same as your real name. I guess you took the note off the fridge. To avoid any more "episodes" like we had with lil chucky, please feel free to skip this thread if it causes any undue hardship or mental anguish. For every one else, if your screen name is in fact your real name, fyi, we get it. ;)

chuckboucher
October 25th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed of nails this morning.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

speedysktr
October 25th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I continued to "make fables".

are you doing it for the same reason? how do we know that this isn't just another fable in a desperate attempt for more* nookie?

hmmm, making up stories to get some... a novel idea :p

*assuming you have actually gotten some in the first place :confused:

Dev Gnoll
October 25th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I tend to forget stuff, just like this forum did.
So...

/dev/null

Jessica
October 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I tend to forget stuff, just like this forum did.
So...

/dev/null

Did I mention I'm embarrassed you had to explain that to me? Maybe it should be my name instead.

rwsz
October 25th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Did I mention I'm embarrassed you had to explain that to me? Maybe it should be my name instead.

ok mine is kind of dumb,,,just use my initials with a z that is out of my last name,,,my aol name and everythng, easy for me to remember lol.

Rick

LezSk8
October 25th, 2006, 03:19 PM
"LezSk8!" came out of years of extensive market research, sparing no expense (or was it seconds and $ 0? :confused: ) to find a really cleaver name that would capture what I like to do. I'm sure everyone figured that out. :p Even Mentally Dull from London gets it inspite of the language barrier. :D

So, ... LezSk8! :)

BWI-Sheldon
October 25th, 2006, 05:38 PM
BWI = Baltimore Washington International airport. A few years ago they paved a 11 mile loop around the whole airport complex with only a few roads to cross. It is a little hilly but lots of fun and not at all boring. I do around 8 laps a week.

Sheldon

Amy's_Keeper
October 25th, 2006, 07:10 PM
So AK...... did her family ever find out about you?

Yeah, and we broke up about a month later

It always burned me up when Dick Dastardly smacked Mutly just becuase he was snickering. What a dispicable little sequence of events that was. What a pair. What a pair.

yeah, but in some other cartoon Dick Dasterdly gave him lots of medals so it all evened out:D

fablemaker2
October 25th, 2006, 07:16 PM
are you doing it for the same reason? Yes...

HOWEVER... how do we know that this isn't just another fable in a desperate attempt for more* nookie?After having seen the images of some of the legs & feet of our posters here, trust me, everything I post here is completely true!!!

Dev Gnoll: I like that. Very uni(x)que.

6APPEAL
October 25th, 2006, 08:45 PM
My screen name came from my obsession with Buick Grand Nationals. The tag on my GN says the same thing. If anyone remembers the car had a funky emblem with what Buick termed as a "Power 6" . It's also is my screen name on all the other boards that I'm a member of.
John

motosk8ter
October 25th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Well, I had a choice between my name, Phil:) , my motorcycle street name, WARPIG:mad: , or something new, clever and refreshing:D . Back in the day I used to do a lot of distance swimming. Folks at the pool called me motoswimmer because I loved to do distance and would not stop for anything;) . I try to bring the same "tude" to skating although gravity has something to say about the stopping part at times:p . Thats it in a nutshell if anyone cares to know:cool: ...Phil

hungryrollerblader
October 25th, 2006, 11:25 PM
mine's pretty straightforward. It describes me well.

masters_sk8tr
October 25th, 2006, 11:47 PM
My screen name is a carry over from another list. Actually, my Master days are far behind me as I'm now classified as a ........ Grand Veteran. I might be old, but I ain't dead yet!

Bill
October 26th, 2006, 12:35 AM
... After having seen the images of some of the legs & feet of our posters here, trust me, everything I post here is completely true!!!

Wow that was hitting below the belt! :)
(below the knees even)

You want the truth ?? You can't handle the neckid truth!

After seeing some of the feet here... I think there should be a dinner warning on the "Feet" post.

Bill

dmoore
October 26th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Nothing too creative – as senility sets in I need as many reminders as possible. For any Monty Python fans, I have a song to remind me. Yes, "I steal from the rich and give to the poor....". :rolleyes:

First verse:
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore
Galloping through the sward
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore
And his horse Concorde
He steals from the rich
And gives to the poor
Mr. Moore, Mr. Moore, Mr. Moore.

There is a very funny clip with the song included if you care to view it:

Monty Python clip on youtube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAs2m7Hr3Bc)

Guard your lupins.:D

Dennis

online inline
October 26th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Wow that was hitting below the belt! :)
(below the knees even)

You want the truth ?? You can't handle the neckid truth!

After seeing some of the feet here... I think there should be a dinner warning on the "Feet" post.

don't push me, i'm on the edge, and i just might post them dogs right here, right now, and i know it;s dinner time somewhere.

speedysktr
October 26th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Guard your lupins.:D
...from memory:
"He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere"
"Your lupins or your lives"

Is your name really Dennis or did you just make it up, you know, to go along with the skits and all. Are you a part time, go along with the crowd Python lover or are you the real McCoy?

"I didn't know you were called Dennis..." ;)

Do you really hate the Romans? :eek:

Stand and deliver!!!

skillwilly
October 26th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Skillwilly
I remembered someone screaming in a rollersoccer promo ;it's the skill man, its the skill !! ;In 2001 on the rollersoccer federation website.
(Its not hard to figure out, it came up like shitting) , trying to figure out a name on '' youtube''
I think the fist part of the name has a lot to do with what skating is about
especially rollersoccer', and that's what I wanna do the most(second part) .At first I was forced to give up long distance skating because of lower back problems in 1998, after five years of intense skating.
So I started to play around with a ball to variate the bending off my back and this developed more and more people where calling the police , there was a mad man in there street endangering there precious automobiles , they came under cover , In 2000 I went searching on the Internet if rollersoccer existed , and it was ! From that time on ,I knew I'm not the only one, and I'am still developing the skill of rollersoccer and now after 7 years , young people become interested in what they see, and are progressively enthusiastic, too me its a thrill to see young people, ''pop out there eyes''
Still Í'm a bit restricted by back problems , but its under control.

dmoore
October 27th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Is your name really Dennis or did you just make it up, you know, to go along with the skits and all. Are you a part time, go along with the crowd Python lover or are you the real McCoy?

"I yam, what I yam." With my name I had little choice but to be a follower - although its been years since I've seen the clips.

The killer rabbit has been seen in Ohio, so watch out on the trails.:D

motosk8ter
October 27th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Sort of like the "Black Knight" on skates?!:p

skillwilly
October 27th, 2006, 03:52 PM
, but its under controle.[/QUOTE]

But not the day afther I said this ,absolutly shitt, have to take it easy for at least a week:mad: Boring!!

gbo
October 27th, 2006, 06:51 PM
skillwilly wrote:
have to take it easy for at least a week Boring!!

Sorry to hear that.

gbo- first initial, first two letters of my last name. One of my sisters coined it when I got married and it's stuck. Closest thing that I have to a nickname that I know of, other than 'mom'.

I could tell you the truth, that it stands for Glamorous Beautiful One but even I can't keep a straight face that well. Oh well. Maybe in my next incarnation... I'll resign myself to being reliable and stalwart gbo.

gbo

speedysktr
October 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM
geebo, do they actually call you geebo or how do they say it?

gbo
October 27th, 2006, 10:37 PM
speedysktr wrote:
geebo, do they actually call you geebo or how do they say it?

Got it in one. They call me geebo, soft g. I 'spose there's worse. ;)

Depending on the mood, it sometimes gets modified to geeboooooo, with much sarcasm.

speedysktr
October 28th, 2006, 02:03 AM
okay, how funny is that? :p ;)

badnews
October 28th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Marry me and find out what "badnews" means.

All of my ex-wives have. :cool:

gbo
October 28th, 2006, 10:32 AM
badnews wrote:
Marry me
Two things:
- hits me funny as I just saw myself in the mirror. Yikes!
- this guy at work really saved my butt at work. So, I wrote him a note that said, 'Marry me!' (hubby didn't quite appreciate my sense of humor) But, this guy, being very very quiet and introverted, kept the note. He still has it but the ink has faded and you can't read it anymore.

You might try that. You can always claim the proposal was a figment of their imagination once the ink has faded. (I'm kind of wondering why my husband hasn't tried that one. I'm sure he'll figure it out before too long.) ;)

NightWind
October 28th, 2006, 10:07 PM
fablemaker2: I like to write. Once, someone special told me, "write me a fable, and I'll make love to you!" I think I wrote about 25 fables for her in great haste, but she never followed through on her promise, so I called her a fablemaker. I continued to "make fables".

The "2" part. I was mentally dull when trying to reregister on the new forum here, and it kept telling me that account already exists. So....I added the sequel to the original fable.

N.B. I am not now, nor will I ever be, affiliated with another user here whose screen name resembles my state of mind when trying to reregister.

Could we have a look at one of your fables?)) If it's not a secret?:) Have you ever written any fable about skating?

NightWind
October 28th, 2006, 10:12 PM
LOL at mentally dull!

On the old forum many of you knew me as "Camaro Driver." I chose that because I post the way I drive, fast and with a lot of style. My new name is actually an identity given to me by the federal witness protection program. It seems to be working out for me. Wish me luck, I think someone's knocking at the door.

Was it just the postman?:)
This witness protection thing... It sounds really thirilling!
Is it your real face on the avatar?:)

Pepper Montana
October 29th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Did you ever see the Godfather? Do you remember the horse's head? It was just a pony's head being delivered... :) Poor pony!

Was it just the postman?:)
This witness protection thing... It sounds really thirilling!
Is it your real face on the avatar?:)

cbeck
October 29th, 2006, 01:10 AM
cbeck goes like "see beck". As in... why not see me? Ok, not really. Just the first letter of my first name, first half of my last name. I started a website once on blogger, my name and most variations were taken. Came up with cbeck.

I was once told it sounded sexy, so I stuck with it like bubble gum on a dress shoe.:cool:

NightWind
October 29th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Marry me and find out what "badnews" means.

All of my ex-wives have. :cool:

Have they? You should have made them learn skating! I think that'd be the best way to become Goodnews!

NightWind
October 29th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Did you ever see the Godfather? Do you remember the horse's head? It was just a pony's head being delivered... :) Poor pony!

Hi, Dave!
I've got the hint!)) So I have to set my imagination free... I will.

By the way the Godfather is my favourite film (as well as the English Patient)! I've watched it 10 times or maybe more!

janneman
October 29th, 2006, 09:27 PM
MM not a lot of explaining to do..

my real and only first name is " jan" - but there are two flaws to it...

first off, it is very common around here - but i have no choice right? i have no nice line of babtised names wich i can pick from - so i need to live with it

secondly some english spoken people seem to think as it being an abbreviation for " janet" - wich obviously is not true - even so - I am absolutely very outspoken NOT female.

those two things let me to write jan - the - man. Again in dutch that became janneman. :cool:

P.S. i'm pretty intrugued about the other explenations on here :)

NightWind
October 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM
I am absolutely very outspoken NOT female.

That's great!:)

maherwoman
November 3rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
For every one else, if your screen name is in fact your real name, fyi, we get it. ;)

I have to ask if anyone had gotten the fact that mine contains my last name. Hehe! :D

Back when my now-husband and I were still dating, and we'd talked about getting married, and it was definitely going to happen, I started adopting his last name. I had used my first initial and maiden name for a long time, so it seemed like a good transition to using what would become my new last name. :)

When we met, it was obvious to both of us that we were going to get married. He really liked me using his name, and our friends started saying things like "your wife" or "your husband" instead of boyfriend/girlfriend. We're a perfect match...and it was completely natural that we would be together. :)

So my screenname is something along the lines of "Maher's Woman". :D

NightWind
November 3rd, 2006, 09:18 PM
We're a perfect match...and it was completely natural that we would be together. :)

I think, he is very lucky!

maherwoman
November 3rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
I think, he is very lucky!

Aww...thank you! That's very sweet. :)

RobinF
November 3rd, 2006, 09:24 PM
Mine is my first name and last initial. Not a fascinating story, but I promise I will try to be more scintillating and original in my posts than I am in my screen name!

lee-mcdonald
November 4th, 2006, 02:02 AM
its my last name...first name is leeland-ever1 calls mee lee thou

motosk8ter
November 4th, 2006, 05:19 AM
MM not a lot of explaining to do..

my real and only first name is " jan" - but there are two flaws to it...

first off, it is very common around here - but i have no choice right? i have no nice line of babtised names wich i can pick from - so i need to live with it

secondly some english spoken people seem to think as it being an abbreviation for " janet" - wich obviously is not true - even so - I am absolutely very outspoken NOT female.

those two things let me to write jan - the - man. Again in dutch that became janneman. :cool:

P.S. i'm pretty intrugued about the other explenations on here :)

Reminds me of an old Country Song..."Boy Named Sue"...My name is Sue, what could I do":D

I know a number of men named Jan, never thought much of it. Great name for a great person!;)

Phil

hungryrollerblader
November 4th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Could we have a look at one of your fables?)) If it's not a secret?:) Have you ever written any fable about skating?

I'm writing one. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's about aggressive skaters, however.

I'll have it done within a few months. I might actually try and get it published.

NightWind
November 10th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I'm writing one. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's about aggressive skaters, however.

I'll have it done within a few months. I might actually try and get it published.

No kidding?)) I wish you success with writing and with publising as well! Please, promise to let us have a look at least at a tiny bit of the book!!!
Must be so interesting! And thrilling... because aggressive skating should be really dangerous and exciting!:)

NightWind
November 10th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Mine is my first name and last initial. Not a fascinating story, but I promise I will try to be more scintillating and original in my posts than I am in my screen name!

Robin is a really beautiful name, I think! And it's very becoming for a swift skater!:)

cal_gundert05
November 11th, 2006, 12:00 AM
EDIT

lee-mcdonald
November 11th, 2006, 02:23 AM
wow tahts real elaboratr

cal_gundert05
November 11th, 2006, 03:24 AM
wow tahts real elaboratr

You mean mine? I don't think it's elaborate, and it's one of the only usernames that I haven't come to hate later on. :)

NightWind
November 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
You mean mine? I don't think it's elaborate, and it's one of the only usernames that I haven't come to hate later on. :)

Why do you start hating your sceen names?))

May be we just need new names for new phases of our lives?
Names influence people... and I think we can somehow change ourselves by choosing new names on the net (forums and so on).

madisonscout
November 16th, 2006, 04:25 PM
1995 madison scouts drum and bugle corps....I was in the rifle line. We took 4th place at the world championships that year.

chunchmeow
November 16th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Back when I was in camp a friend of mine invented the word "chunch", which is an all-purpose word to describe anything, kind of like "smurfy".

So when aol 3.0 came out (and it was before i knew the terrors of aol) I had to create a new account because my old name got obliterated (smoothwater). So I became Chunchmeow, and have used it ever since. I bought the domain name too and put my portfolio up there for professional interviews and such.

mvirtue
November 16th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Back when I was in camp a friend of mine invented the word "chunch", which is an all-purpose word to describe anything, kind of like "smurfy".

So when aol 3.0 came out (and it was before i knew the terrors of aol) I had to create a new account because my old name got obliterated (smoothwater). So I became Chunchmeow, and have used it ever since. I bought the domain name too and put my portfolio up there for professional interviews and such.

Cool art. I really like "The Freida Series # 3".

chunchmeow
November 16th, 2006, 05:28 PM
thanks! much appreciated!

hungryrollerblader
November 16th, 2006, 10:26 PM
yeah, I like that avatar a lot

OTonWheels
November 29th, 2006, 01:57 AM
:o I play football (American style) for a women's professional team. Since I started, I've been an Offensive Tackle.

So now that I'm trying to learn how to skate, I'm an OT on Wheels.

ducorpstoo
November 29th, 2006, 03:24 AM
I have two parrots, one of which is a Ducorp's Cockatoo hence my screen name "DucorpsToo". The photo depicted in the Wikipedia link below is one which I had uploaded and is my actual bird.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducorps%27_Cockatoo

Waketek516
November 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Waketek516...

During the Summer's here in NY I wakeboard almost every single day. My first wakeboard was a Waketech Magic Air 143. I got the board right around the time I was getting into computers (maybe when I was 13).

So I picked WAKETEK for the board and switched the spelling a little... and "516" cuz it's my area code :p

JuGGalo_Sk8
November 29th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Well i couldnt figure out a new name to use for forum so i figured hey i listen to ICP aka im KINDA a Juggalo and hell i like skating. So yea. No big plan.

8WMadness
February 13th, 2007, 12:11 AM
I hate my screen name. I was in a hurry to ask or answer a post (can't remember) so 8 wheel Madness was the only thing that I could come up with in a hurry. There are so many other great names to choose from like...Justin_Sane or Dixie_Normous. :tongue:

speedysktr
February 13th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Dixie_Normous. :tongue:awesome, wait I don't get it :tongue:

buzzinghornet
February 13th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I will let the avatar picture explains what my screen name means......

kinggreene
February 13th, 2007, 01:31 AM
well my screen name is made up from the brewery name that made my favorite beer back in the south west of England (uk) where i used to live.... kinggreene= Greene_king, i did try to get that name for my emails etc but it was always taken...Doh!
colin.

Gaius
February 13th, 2007, 02:05 AM
well my screen name is made up from the brewery name that made my favorite beer back in the south west of England (uk) where i used to live.... kinggreene= Greene_king, i did try to get that name for my emails etc but it was always taken...Doh!
colin.

MMMMMM, BEEEERR :wink:

Anyways, I was watching the Battlestar Galactica mini-series DVD (the new re-imaged one, not the cheesy '70's show), when I decided to register here, couldn't think of a name right off, and I had pressing questions. One of the main "bad guys" characters first name on the show is Gaius, so........there you go.

...yeah, I guess I have a sci-fi nerdy side, so what!? Don't make me break out the can of dark side on you.

RS Dave
February 13th, 2007, 03:05 AM
'nuff said. :D

DumplingStorm
February 13th, 2007, 03:22 AM
:D My name is simple. Ever eat dimsum in china town? I am a flood of dumplings attacking every orifice with deliciousness. I am irresistable, delicious, and fullfilling. I got my name from my love of the chinese dumpling. XD

eduardoritos
February 13th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Eduardo (me) + doritos. Simple.

gbo
February 13th, 2007, 09:49 AM
:D My name is simple. Ever eat dimsum in china town? I am a flood of dumplings attacking every orifice with deliciousness. I am irresistable, delicious, and fullfilling. I got my name from my love of the chinese dumpling. XD

Thanks. That was driving me nuts. (yeah, yeah, short drive)

By that reasoning, I should be named chocolatechipcookiestorm or browniestorm. I'll have to think about that.

Thanks for yours, too, eduardoritos. I was curious about that as well.

But don't forget the pictures of your feet, please. (j/k) :D

speedysktr
February 13th, 2007, 09:52 AM
So much for my healthy diet today, potstickers for lunch, a bag of spicy nacho doritos for a snack topped off with browniechocolatecakecookiethings

eduardoritos
February 13th, 2007, 10:46 AM
So much for my healthy diet today, potstickers for lunch, a bag of spicy nacho doritos for a snack topped off with browniechocolatecakecookiethings

I don't eat doritos very much. It's a buddy's joke.

Doritos are very healthy, not the spicie sauces whit doritos.

Ah, I've updated my speed set-up whit 4x100 Boen frames and hyper mach2 wheels.

I'll post my feet and skates pics (first I'm gonna go to podologist :biggrin: ).

RoadsterGrrl
February 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I love roadsters (own a miata) and I'm a girl.

gbo
February 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM

Damn. And here I had a spinach salad and salmon trying to live up to everyone else on the board.

Let's trade lunches tomorrow speedy. :D

speedysktr
February 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM
geebs, if I don't see a HoHo in your hand the deal's off. I didn't actually have potstickers yesterday, but I'm sure I will this weekend at our Chinese New Year Dinner. Neighbors love the unexplained fireworks in the middle of the night in February. Woot!

mvirtue
February 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
geebs, if I don't see a HoHo in your hand the deal's off.

Hmm...HoHos! Before working next to a China Town I'd always be craving potstickers...Now I can get them whenever I want.

DumplingStorm
February 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Wow, your so lucky. Being able to eat so many potstickers within a few minutes, where as I have to ask my parents for an hr drive to the nearest china town :p .

chunchmeow
February 14th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Wow, your so lucky. Being able to eat so many potstickers within a few minutes, where as I have to ask my parents for an hr drive to the nearest china town :p .

damn thats a good idea. chinatown is 30 minutes downtown for me.

speedysktr
February 14th, 2007, 05:11 PM
My fav chinese rest. of all time is 5 minutes from me! yay me!

Jessica
February 14th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Not chinese but my fave thai is five minutes from me. Crispy spring rolls in sweet n sour sauce mmmmmmm.

As far as Hohos I prefer the chocolate to the Chinese :wink:

gbo
February 14th, 2007, 06:53 PM
geebs, if I don't see a HoHo in your hand the deal's off.

Roger.

For some reason this tickles my funny bone. Reminds me of chuckboucher and o/i going back and forth with pictures of them swearing on the 'bible' of speedskating.

If I eat a hoho, you have to eat a green bean.:p

7Skaters
February 14th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I seem to have missed this thread, however....mine isn't too hard to figure out.

Me + husband + our 5 kids....all skaters....so....7Skaters seemed the only logical screen name for me. If I can ever get hubby to register, maybe he can be Skaters7...or TheSkating7? LOL

Burrows
February 14th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Hey Kathy,

How do I change or edit my screen name? Just using my last name is boring now that I'm into this. With my most recent wound and screen photo I'd like to go with Back Bay Bruiser with consideratin to where I skate.

gbo
February 15th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Burrows, I couldn't find the directions on how to do this. But, if you to the section 'About This Forum' and post your question there, Kathie is very good about responding.

I know that people have changed their user name so I know that it's possible.

Oh yeah, great name, Back Bay Bruiser. :D

Good luck.
Geri

janneman
February 15th, 2007, 09:58 PM
hoho ? potstickers? i need google and urbandictionary i'm afraid not even enough... :confused:

irishpeach
April 10th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I'm second generation Irish-American, grew up in Georgia, hence the name peach. :D

okie
April 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Okie,short for a farmer or one headed to california to pick oranges during the dust bowl years of the great depression.(only know about 100 words,able to spell your name) Also famous term from a country western hit song Okie from Muskogee. I'm in Muskogee,retired 7 rinks in a 60 mile radius and another new one being built. 4 full seasons,tornado alley( I have a spot in the local beauty shops shelter) bicycle paths everwhere built on old railroad track areas. Car and motorcycle race tracks everwhere. Indian owned turnpikes to travel all over the state 75 mph plus. Indian casino's at the entrance and exit of most citys,good cheap places to eat. Gas is cheap compared to other places,they get it out of the ground here. Meat is locally raised,huge farmers markets. Lots of dance halls,bars,senior activitys,bus transportation. ONly bad thing???? Maybe good? All the women in my age group are still married,headquarters for the Bible Belt,so they stick it out till they kick off. Free college 4 year education at state universitys if you sign up in high school,good grades and no dope fien stuff (like California in the 60's) Home prices real low,three bedrooms 2 baths average 70.000s. Wages are low also though.But plenty of work. Anything you want you can get here! I have traveled and live in 9 different states working for 34 years so was not to hard for me to hangout here,but I take off for 3 or 4 months during the freezes.

PennyRose
April 13th, 2007, 11:24 PM
My Screen name is actually the name of one of my dogs.

AzulojasATL
April 14th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Live in Atlanta
Azul is blue in espanol
ojas is eyes in espanol
Correctly spoken es "Ojas Azul or Ojas de Azul"
Comprende?

rollerdanceman
April 14th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Some of you may have guessed that The Rollerdanceman is the owner of the website www.Rollerdance.com. Back in the 90's just after the internet was starting, I begn to think of a name that would stick in peoples mind to describe what I did on skates. So in 1997 Rollerdance.com was born.

It has been an awesome 10 years sharing with the world my love and devotion to skating and rollerdancing. Its also fees good to announce to the world of rollerskating that I have a great behind the scenes role in the skate world. I'm the Product Consultant for www.Skates.com. I oversee new and exiting rollerskate (Quadline) development, assuring you, the skate world can come to us with confidence, that you will be getting the latest and the greatest skate equipment and workmanship. When you visit the site you view my work with a great team of Roller and Inline skating professionals where quality, and looking good while skating is a must.
So as the Rollerdanceman, my goal is to share my knowledge (32 yrs) help you take out all the guess work, whether its wanting to learn new dance moves, or whats hot or what to buy in rollerskate equipment, just ask me. Email me anytime at rich@rollerdance.com.

Rollerdanceman

inlina
April 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Back in the day (word), I was trying to come up with a username for my Hotmail account. I wanted 'inliner' but of course that was taken. 'inlina' was the closest thing I could come up with. It just became my handle for everything in the end.

CG

chad
April 14th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I didn't know about Chad, the skater, when I setup my account. I'm glad to know that THE Chad excells in "our" chosen sport/activity.

My "chad" nickname came from a bbq forum where I'm pretty active. It was handed to me after the 2000 Presidential elections in which Florida paid a large role in the drama -- ie. the "hanging chad" fiasco down in south Florida.:D

I've gotten used to using it and actually answer to it when I meet folks at bbq competitions. I also use it on a couple of other forums.

DJGeeCee
April 15th, 2007, 12:52 AM
The beginning is pretty self explanatory. I am an asspiring DJ, and this is also the name is use on www.djforums.com. My name is Greg Cavanagh, GeeCee

speedysktr
February 15th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Back from the dead....
...THE EXPLAIN YOUR SCREEN NAME THREAD!!!

CrazyGambit
February 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Mine means that i am Crazy.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... Wait oh yeah i also like chess....ha ha ha ha ha ha.... oh wait oh yeah i am crazy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....oh wait i liked xmen as a kid ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... oh wait i am Crazy.... thats it Crazy.... like Crazy he needs meds. ha ha ha ha oh... wait i can not afford meds... Now that i think about it what the hell does this screen name mean... I must go to do some "self exploration" on this matter.

eighteen_psi
February 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
lol why not.

<------ See boost gauge av

giarc25
February 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Mine is my name backwards, and I got online when I was 25 yrs old

Craig-giarc25

Skatervideoguy
February 16th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Skatervideoguy

Skater - I've been a Quad Roller Skater for 55 yrs, the last 44 yrs regular and consecutive, 30 of those running DIY Stilt Skates as seen in my Avatar.

video - been doing Videography as hobby for 33 yrs, since before you could buy Cams on the street.

guy - I'm a guy.

Skatervideoguy Seemed to fit.

slacker
February 16th, 2008, 12:11 AM
if you skated with me, the reason for mine would be pretty obvious :)

-Brian

Bill in Houston
February 16th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Uhh, well... My name is Bill, and I live in Houston. When we thought we might have to move Oklahoma, I had to do some serious soul searching about what I might need to do with my screen name.

Bill in Houston
February 16th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I really wanna know how Pepper Montana came to be...

Barracuda
February 16th, 2008, 01:25 AM
It's what I drive

sculpin
February 16th, 2008, 01:27 AM
When my wife and I started dating, she was in the midst of hardcore triathlon training. I joined her in her training so that we could spend time together, but I'm not a great swimmer, swimming a lot like a rock in fact. Since the sculpin is a rock fish, it just made sense.

Bryan
February 16th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Mine, umm, uhh…

I don’t recall.

No, wait, that was Gonzo…

raggedjim
February 16th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Because "Chaka Khan and Rufus" was already taken...

Rg

gospeedracer
February 16th, 2008, 02:02 AM
When I was younger speedracer was my hero!! Go speedracer, go speedracer, go speedracer.....Goooooooo! Who remembers that? :D

CrazyGambit
February 16th, 2008, 02:45 AM
I really wanna know how Pepper Montana came to be...
My guess is it's his dogs names

Tuesday Girl
February 16th, 2008, 03:35 AM
In my area an adult could skate an adult session every day or night (depending) of the week except Saturday (in three different rinks) so we are pretty lucky. Tuesday night works the best for me as far as running out on my family. So that's why I'm Tuesday Girl...waiting for Tuesdays to roll around each week!:)

speedysktr
February 16th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Go speedracer, go speedracer, go speedracer.....Goooooooo! Who remembers that? :D
uh yeah, thanks for stickin' that damn song in my head at bed time.
Now, that would make a badass skinsuit.
Match it up with a white helmet? Smokin'

I always liked when Racer X showed up, the narrator would
remind the viewer in a low voice that "Racer X was the
secret identity of Rex Racer, Speed Racer's older brother"
The Mammoth Car episode. "what? there's no gold in here?"*

*for the record, that's pure recall. Haven't seen the show
for like 35 years or something

MDS
February 16th, 2008, 04:19 AM
You people are giving away your age. :wink:

I recall watching Speed Racer every morning at 6:30 am before school when I was in middle school. The classics never die...

Live2sk888
February 16th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Mine's kinda obvious... it means Live to Skate :)
When I first got an AOL account in 1995 my license plate said that so I used it for my screen name too... but I had to add the extra 8's on the end because it was already taken with just one 8. People are always asking me why there are 3 8's, lol.
After that I just kept using the same name on everything. :D

speedysktr
February 16th, 2008, 04:40 AM
hey, at least you remember when you watched it. I'm thinking after school.

dvw
February 16th, 2008, 05:51 AM
When I was younger speedracer was my hero!! Go speedracer, go speedracer, go speedracer.....Goooooooo! Who remembers that? :D

I do. I'm old too. :biggrin:

cehowardrc51
February 16th, 2008, 09:59 AM
My screen name cehowardrc51 comes from my first 2 initials, last name, and lastly, by not least, the SEXIEST MOTORCYCLE ON TWO WHEELS!!
A HONDA RC51

To those of you not familiar with motorcycles, and those of you who have never heard of an RC51, let my briefly explain.http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/badteeth.gif
The Honda RC51 is a V twin, racing motorcycle, that is/was sold to the public in the years, 2000 to 2006. They don't make them anymore. I rode this bike on the street and racetrack. She has long been destroyed. She die a racebike's death too. On 4th of July, 2006, we crashed together going through turn 10 at Summit Point Raceway at 100+ mph hours. We both flew through the air over 100 mph, I survived the crash, but my beloved RC51 didn't..:(

The sound of this motorcycle was like a symphony, Harley riders were jealous to the core!!:D
BTW, I told ya all, I had a big mouth..http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/badteeth.gif

http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/skat859.jpg

kufman
February 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM
last name is Kufer (coo' fur), someone in high school started calling me kufman (coof' man) and it kind of stuck.

Blazer06
February 16th, 2008, 09:31 PM
My name is the mascot of the college I graduated from and I graduated in '06. I use it on a football forum to talk about college football. I just decided to keep it when I joined this forum.

JandKLarson
February 16th, 2008, 09:56 PM
My name is the mascot of the college I graduated from and I graduated in '06. I use it on a football forum to talk about college football. I just decided to keep it when I joined this forum.

Out of curiousity for the visually challenged (me) what is the mascot? Flames of some sort? Never heard of a mascot with this name, so it's just interesting. :) You always hear the basic run of mill name of mascot names - "blazers" was not one I've heard before.

Welcome to the forum, btw, Blazer06!

Our screen name is no mystery - Julie and Kevin Larson.

brikkee
February 16th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Mine is short for bricklayer this is what most of the carpenders, electricals plumbers, roofers etc... call us brickie:wink:brickie was always take-in so i change the spelling to brikkee

Akiko
February 16th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Not much to mine. I'm 1/2 Japanese 1/2 Italian/German-ish with a name that doesn't seem either. plus my real name is a little borin'... So Akiko it is. I've always liked the name...it fits my japanese side (Named my dog 'Kiko' since I liked it soo much too)

Blazer06
February 17th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Out of curiousity for the visually challenged (me) what is the mascot? Flames of some sort? Never heard of a mascot with this name, so it's just interesting. :) You always hear the basic run of mill name of mascot names - "blazers" was not one I've heard before.

Welcome to the forum, btw, Blazer06!

Our screen name is no mystery - Julie and Kevin Larson.

We use to have a dragon as a mascot, but they did away with it for some reason. Now we have some guy that walks around with a flame as a head, he looks like a walking, lit match stick. I like the uniqueness of being the Blazers but wish the school would market it better. If you look up UAB, they are also the Blazers and they do a better job with logos and marketing.

Thanks for the welcome.

Foot2big
February 17th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I wear a size 14eee shoe. It's damn hard finding skates that fit. I always have to special order them. Thus the name.

FOOT LOOSE
February 17th, 2008, 03:07 PM
It seemed to be a custom fit for me. When the music starts, my feet start movin and it aint long before my skates are off the floor!
No gingerly skating circles for me. :D:D

ogfarmskater
February 17th, 2008, 06:58 PM
ogfarmskater= organic vegtable farmer for 9 years who likes to rollerskate:D

oldnslow
February 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Well, I'm old and I'm slow.

Barf
February 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I don't have a good answer for this question.

Akiko
February 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I don't have a good answer for this question.

lol :p:D:biggrin::rolleyes:;):tongue::):wink:

Jennie
February 18th, 2008, 05:35 PM
My parents chose this name when we immigrated from Taiwan. It's short, common, and easy for non-native English speakers to pronounce. My usual handle is PookieSoup, but alas, I always get picked on for not having a "professional" name so I switched "Jennie."

Pookie was the name of a turtle I had. I took her everywhere I went, so I started getting the nickname PookieSoup = turtle soup. She passed away about 4 years ago at the age of 17. I was crushed.

kentek
February 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Well, my name is Ken and I'm a computer tech. Just too easy.
Maybe I should change for this forum.

Hmmm! 60 years of skating. What can I do with that?

raggedjim
February 18th, 2008, 08:26 PM
My parents chose this name when we immigrated from Taiwan. It's short, common, and easy for non-native English speakers to pronounce. My usual handle is PookieSoup, but alas, I always get picked on for not having a "professional" name so I switched "Jennie."

Pookie was the name of a turtle I had. I took her everywhere I went, so I started getting the nickname PookieSoup = turtle soup. She passed away about 4 years ago at the age of 17. I was crushed.

PookieSoup is the best screen name I have ever heard (despite the sad story about the turtle...)

Rg

rwsz
February 18th, 2008, 10:20 PM

so did you make turtle soup?????? sorry had to ask

tdellaringa
February 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM
You ask why such a creative guy like me has such a lame sn... t is my first initial, then my last name. But I have an excuse...

Working in web tech, I'm part of waaay too many forums. It was too hard to try and remember 30 different usernames for all these forums, especially to ones that I may not use but once or twice a year. So at some point I began using 'tdellaringa' for every single forum I register in. Now I don't forget... but it is lame.

At this point I'd probably change it to Charlie Brown or something, but too late now. I'd re-register but that would only confuse people... plus I'd lose my post count... I'm nearing 1000!

merlin
February 18th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Four words: "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons". You fill in the rest :)

Jennie
February 19th, 2008, 02:29 AM
so did you make turtle soup?????? sorry had to ask

:frown: No, she actually died one summer when I was away at a conference. My boyfriend at the time called me when I was getting on the plane to come home. I cried the entire flight. He buried her before I got home. That turtle went through middle school to undergrad and the beginning of grad school with me. I even have a picture of Major Applewhite holding her. He was the Texas Longhorns Quarterback at the time.

rwsz
February 19th, 2008, 02:44 AM
:frown: No, she actually died one summer when I was away at a conference. My boyfriend at the time called me when I was getting on the plane to come home. I cried the entire flight. He buried her before I got home. That turtle went through middle school to undergrad and the beginning of grad school with me. I even have a picture of Major Applewhite holding her. He was the Texas Longhorns Quarterback at the time.

sorry about that, the pic is really cool though, how large was the turtle??

Jenn
February 19th, 2008, 03:10 AM
You ask why such a creative guy like me has such a lame sn... t is my first initial, then my last name. But I have an excuse...

Working in web tech, I'm part of waaay too many forums. It was too hard to try and remember 30 different usernames for all these forums, especially to ones that I may not use but once or twice a year. So at some point I began using 'tdellaringa' for every single forum I register in. Now I don't forget... but it is lame.

At this point I'd probably change it to Charlie Brown or something, but too late now. I'd re-register but that would only confuse people... plus I'd lose my post count... I'm nearing 1000!

Ask Kathy. I know there's people that have changed their screen name in the past without having to reregister!

Jenn
February 19th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I hope my screen name isn't too tough to figure out. Original? Not really. But it gets the job done.

Kathie Fry
February 19th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by tdellaringa

tdellaringa, I can change your user name anytime you want, and you won't loose anything. Well... you would loose the name recognition, but other then that, no problem!

- Kathie

Jennie
February 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Hi Kathie,

Can you change me to PookieSoup? The whole "jennie" thing is too professsional for me.

Jennie

Barf
February 19th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Most forum software will let you change your "screen name" yourself via your user profile. The name you type to log in remains the same; but the name that displays on the screen changes. That way, you don't lose your post count, and you don't have to remember eleventy different login names for all your different forums.

Larry_PA
February 19th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I thought about thinking of a skating name, then I just decided to go with my name and state. On a previous board, I had a handle that, after a time, I did not like and was stuck with it....so its just Larry.

Tremor
February 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM
uh yeah, thanks for stickin' that damn song in my head at bed time.
Now, that would make a badass skinsuit.
Match it up with a white helmet? Smokin'

I always liked when Racer X showed up, the narrator would
remind the viewer in a low voice that "Racer X was the
secret identity of Rex Racer, Speed Racer's older brother"
The Mammoth Car episode. "what? there's no gold in here?"*

*for the record, that's pure recall. Haven't seen the show
for like 35 years or something

I remember that episode the car-train was made of gold!:biggrin:

Oh, stage name (and the name of a Lhasa Apso) see the big pic in my profile.

gospeedracer
February 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
For those of you youngins who have no idea who speedracer was here you go!
speedysktr, I couldn't help this........you'll be singing it for days LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auszi9bUr3o

BTW, was trixie HOT or what........:wink:

rwsz
February 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi Kathie,

Can you change me to PookieSoup? The whole "jennie" thing is too professsional for me.

Jennie

too professional for our boards , lmao, you might just be right. but isnt jennie like a nickname?

speedysktr
February 19th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Speed Racer, (http://imdb.com/title/tt0811080/) coming to the big screen this May.
Could be good since it's being made by the Wachowski brothers (Matrix Trilogy, V for Vendetta)

gospeedracer
February 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Saw many trailers on it.......looks kinda cheesy!! But we'll see

Jennie
February 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM
too professional for our boards , lmao, you might just be right. but isnt jennie like a nickname?

Jennie is actually what's on my diploma. And depending on what other piece of "legal" document or state issued ID, Jennie may or may not be on there. Why didn't I tell my parents to just put that on my paperwork when we immigrated here? That would make many things much easier.

rwsz
February 19th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Jennie is actually what's on my diploma. And depending on what other piece of "legal" document or state issued ID, Jennie may or may not be on there. Why didn't I tell my parents to just put that on my paperwork when we immigrated here. That would make many things much easier.

so they gave you the Jennie name,,,,,lets hear your birth name that might be a lot more interesting :D

speedysktr
February 20th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Saw many trailers on it.......looks kinda cheesy!! But we'll seeI thought the same thing, but given the previous work of these guys I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and likely flush $20 down the toilet :(:wink:

JGwinner
February 20th, 2008, 05:58 AM
You ask why such a creative guy like me has such a lame sn... t is my first initial, then my last name.

Great minds think alike!

What gets me is how many people will say "Well jgwinner" .... when I sign 'John' at the bottom of every post. You'll note it's not a signature, I actually type it out. That way, you KNOW it's always me iff you see it.

== John ==

h3rr_du4n73
February 20th, 2008, 07:22 AM
my name is a nick-name from some friends of mine who took german as their language... my middle name is duanté, so they just called me herr (pronounced kinda like here mixed with hair, and basically means mr.) duanté, cuz they liked the way it sounded. when i started playin online games and such, i had to make my name leet... lawl.... so i threw in the appropriate numbers

Bill in Houston
February 20th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Saw many trailers on it.......looks kinda cheesy!!Not high tech and sophisticated like the original... :-)

I was thinking as I watched the video, "this was typical bad anime back before we knew what to call anime."

Bill in Houston
February 20th, 2008, 05:02 PM
What gets me is how many people will say "Well jgwinner" Helloooooo? It's your name? Right above the photo?

Plus most people assume that you wouldn't put your real name on a post, lest you get menacing calls at home from race organizers whose work you criticize...

JGwinner
February 20th, 2008, 05:04 PM
This will shock some: I've never seen Speed Racer

When we grew up, there were 3 TV stations in Alaska, and one was PBS. So stuff got 'left out' as there wasn't enough air time.

Then later my Dad put in a rule that we could only watch 3 cartoons on Saturday morning.

So I don't know if it just didn't make the cut, or if it just wasn't shown.

h3rr_du4n73: C00l n4m3!

== John ==

Jennie
February 20th, 2008, 10:37 PM
so they gave you the Jennie name,,,,,lets hear your birth name that might be a lot more interesting :D

Ying-Chen would be the official first name. Most of the time I just make that the middle name.

rwsz
February 21st, 2008, 01:25 AM
Ying-Chen would be the official first name. Most of the time I just make that the middle name.

Jennie i must say i like ying-chen the best, i havent been to taiwan since 1972 when i was in the Navy. it was fun and i had a good time and met some nice people. my sons x skating coach still goes over there once a year to teach art freestyle skaters.

JGwinner
February 21st, 2008, 01:50 AM
Helloooooo? It's your name? Right above the photo?

Plus most people assume that you wouldn't put your real name on a post, lest you get menacing calls at home from race organizers whose work you criticize...

*ROFL*

I have to admit I called Sean "Gambit" so there you go.

== John ==

h3rr_du4n73
February 21st, 2008, 06:01 AM
Four words: "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons". You fill in the rest :)

BODAAAAAAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broken Joe
February 21st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Well, speed skated until I had to get a real job... Army!! Then got injured and medically retired from Army. So much for a 32 year old enlistee trying to keep up with 18 year olds!! Always loved the challenge though.
Therefore.... Broken Joe was born!!

408shaw
February 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
408 is just a generic number and Shaw is my last name.

Philphine
February 22nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
my name is phil. way back when before the internet, there was a guy who had "phil fine" as a vanity plate on his car. once i stumbled upon the 'net i saw no one was using it so i took it for myself. later i was editing for some reason, eraced the name and couldn't get it back, so i changed the spelling to philphine.

chaosdsm
February 22nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Been using mine for at least 6 years... pretty simple, I used to collect comic books & Chaos Comics was my favorite publisher until founder/writer Brian Pulido sold the company, the rest are just initials which do not (in my particular usage) stand for Diamond Star Motors.

ppipowerclass
February 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
ppi = Precision Power Inc. PowerClass = their best line of amplifiers (about 14 years 12 years ago now)

I am a car audio fanatic. I don't buy into the Rockford Fosgate garbage. haha. the amps i have start at about 1000 bucks a pop, so like everything... go big, or go home! haha

Sporky
February 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is better than a spork????

It is the best of both worlds, just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!

h3rr_du4n73
February 24th, 2008, 06:47 AM
c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is better than a spork????

It is the best of both worlds, just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats better than a spork?
the uber doom spork of eternal celestial damnation.... of doom :eek:

eighteen_psi
February 24th, 2008, 11:51 AM
ppi = Precision Power Inc. PowerClass = their best line of amplifiers (about 14 years 12 years ago now)

I am a car audio fanatic. I don't buy into the Rockford Fosgate garbage. haha. the amps i have start at about 1000 bucks a pop, so like everything... go big, or go home! haha

Currently sitting in my bedroom because the car it was in got wrecked :( Big enough for ya? :D
http://www.derickshaw.com/_misc/_pictures/roomsystem.jpg

h3rr_du4n73
February 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
whats in that box with 'naked' on it?

eighteen_psi
February 25th, 2008, 03:51 PM
whats in that box with 'naked' on it?
A bunch of cabling, terminals, etc....but it was a case of Naked brand Orange Juice... 'Just OJ' :tongue:

BWI-Sheldon
February 25th, 2008, 04:16 PM
A bunch of cabling, terminals, etc....but it was a case of Naked brand Orange Juice... 'Just OJ' :tongue:
Of course. :rolleyes:

h3rr_du4n73
February 26th, 2008, 05:12 AM

and by O.J. you mean Ophelia Jackson.... idk.... 'Ophelia's' the only female name i could think of that started with O atm.......

with or without pulp... inquiring minds would like to no... and this court demands it! we want... no we NEED justice to be served! :tongue:

ShermanSquared
March 5th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I've posted this other places on this board, but I'll do it again. I used to hang out at Sherman Square Rink in Reseda. Haven't been able to find any photos, but I did find this video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5222266586064331371&q=%22sherman+square%22&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0) of the last skate session there before they tore the place down. I think the rink has a cameo in the movie Boogie Nights but don't hold me to that.

OldSchoolRinkRat
March 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
What is there to explain?

I like Old School music, and Old School mindset.

And I've been a rink rat since I was 5. :D

LezSk8
March 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM
When asked about it, I say it's French for "Stop talking and start skating!" Of course it's not, but it is my (failed) attempt to jazz up a Sat. morning rec skate on a local trail. Kind of cheesie, but I like it anyway, so...

LezSk8! :)

darthblader
March 7th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Darthblader; a screen name I've been using since '99 or so when I first joined Kathie's about.com site. People initially think I'm a Star Wars geek when in reality I'm a different sort of geek altogether. It just has a ring to it, IMO...:)

belladonna
March 7th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Wish I could say belladonna was cuz I'm beautiful :redface: Our youngest daughter is Ella--> ella-bella, bellabella, belladonna, whatever she'll answer to, morphed into my little home biz name and I use it at sites where it's available so I don't have to remember 20 different logins. And poisonous plants are kinda cool, twisted :tongue:

ttmanta
March 15th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Well mine is pretty easy to explain. I had a Manta Mirage kit car that had a twin turbo set up on it so thats how I got ttmanta. That was also my plate on the car :D

TooFast
March 15th, 2008, 03:41 AM
'cause I'm already TooFast on my '04 V-Rod. (sick ride)

This season, I'd like to get too fast for my own good on skates.

:D

Alan
March 15th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Heh screen name huh...ahh because my name is...Alan.

impage
March 15th, 2008, 07:21 PM
my initials are M.P.H. = impage :D
greetz, freddo

BWI-Sheldon
March 18th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Okay, well a lot of people here make up something about their real name or what they do. I joined way back in the old days so it's hard to remember what I was thinking at the time. On my daily skating around the BWI airport trail loop the other day, where I have skated 5500 miles since I started skating 2 years ago, I was pondering this thread and my screen name. Sometimes when I skate in the mornings there aren't many people on the trail so it gets boring. It is these lonely times that my mind wonders off as the miles tick away. I guess I am lucky to have a flexible job so I can skate during the day while everyone else is at work. As long as I have my cell phone to be available to take .....

I'm sorry, what was the question again? :confused:

cehowardrc51
March 19th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Okay, well a lot of people here make up something about their real name or what they do. I joined way back in the old days so it's hard to remember what I was thinking at the time. On my daily skating around the BWI airport trail loop the other day, where I have skated 5500 miles since I started skating 2 years ago, I was pondering this thread and my screen name. Sometimes when I skate in the mornings there aren't many people on the trail so it gets boring. It is these lonely times that my mind wonders off as the miles tick away. I guess I am lucky to have a flexible job so I can skate during the day while everyone else is at work. As long as I have my cell phone to be available to take .....

I'm sorry, what was the question again? :confused:

BW, you remember when BWI was Friendship Airport? :)

I am old school!! been in this town way too long!!:D

BWI-Sheldon
March 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Yes I do, been here since 1964. :)

cehowardrc51
March 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM
Yes I do, been here since 1964. :)

Cool, I been here since 1941.. Dam near know every brick!!:)

mtcooper
March 22nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
OK,it's a bit boring but, I'm mtcooper everywhere else on the web and here too. All of my email addresses, screen names, domains..... One of the few places that I'm predictable.

vtxcandyred
March 23rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
and that would be a motorcycle rider. VTX is a motorcycle and its color is Candy Apple Red. Pretty simple!

frail
March 24th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Frail is derived from the band Jars of Clay. One of my favorite songs of theirs is called "Frail."

speeddevil
March 26th, 2008, 03:07 PM
mine's easy to explain: I like going fast(really fast!)(even when i do a program) And im noot an angel when it comes to racing.

shok
March 26th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Mine comes from back around '87 when I stepped onto a school bus, did something stupid that scared the willies out of the driver, who later exclaimed "you're a shocker!". It stuck. Been called it ever since. Even to this day at work, somehow they found out it was my nickname.

It evolved and lost the "C" to accomodate early arcade hi-score machine spaces where you could only enter 3 or 4 letters. Also the old BBS services required short logins.

My parents have said it'll even end up on my grave's headstone. They had problems with people calling, wanting to speak to me, but not knowing my real name!

retread
March 26th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Ought to be obvious. After 20+ years away from the rink, it came natural!

Bob

j-kitty
March 27th, 2008, 03:08 AM
I can't believe i missed posting here. My screen name is because I like Hello Kitty and my friend was trying to think of a "Skate gangsta" name for me and I for her, so we could put them on the 70's style jerseys we bought...I thought it kind of looked rollerderbyish. As a result we give a skate gangsta name to anyone who wants to skate with us, it is fun! :)

jt

Bravehart
March 27th, 2008, 04:41 AM
My name comes from being the only one in my Jeep Club to tackle the Rubicon trail with a fully-stock 2004 Jeep TJ. Everyone else had modified cars, ie 2" lifts, rock tires and such. I came late and unprepared in a brand-new Jeep Rubicon, new-car smell pungent. Despite two breakdowns and a bent bumper, I made it all the way through.

Named Bravehart by the guy who said, "You're insane, like that warrior dude Bravehart!"

Unfortunately I'll never be called "Speed Demon" or even "The Fast Guy" by anyone in my club, as my car has a top speed of 58mph.

NaNaDo
March 28th, 2008, 05:47 PM
My screen name comes from my grand kids! It's "toddler talk" for ..."look what NaNa's doing".... hence "NaNaDo" .... Ever watch Elmo's Place with your kids or grand kids???

We were skating session one evening, my daughter in law and my granddaughter came into the rink.... Our Granddaughter, 2 years old at the time (and who the Good Lord gave a good strong set of lungs to) jumped up on a bench, pointed and shouted at the top of her lungs "NaNaDo" as I skated past!!!!!! And that's my story!

V8-SKATE
March 31st, 2008, 08:11 AM
I got my name as being a tall man with roller skates on and wearing army greens. First it started off as green bean, then Beanstalk, and the nickname has stuck for 25 years and I still get called Bean for short in my local skating community:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

emmathelearner
March 31st, 2008, 11:28 PM
mines prety self explanatory my name is emma and i am a learner skater

roadracer9811
April 1st, 2008, 01:37 AM
Roadracer9811
I am with the Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
My number is 981, I added the additional 1 to the name to make it say.... Roadracer981-won get it 9811 981 won!!!
www.cmraracing.com

Madcow
April 3rd, 2008, 12:04 AM
I got my screen name from my wife. I bought a Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull revolver, she started calling it madcow because it has almost twice the power & recoil of the 44 magnum.

Picture of the revolver
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9902/ragingbullga2.jpg

Alan
April 4th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about....a skater with FIREPOWER!

YEAH!

http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/48147/2004960798752372498_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2004960798752372498)

Mewtat
April 4th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Madcow, you and my dad might get along. Although he's more into the antique rifles.

Anywho back on topic. Mewtat. Back in the day when Giga Pets were JUST released I had a Compu Kitty and I named it Mewtat! Ever since then I've used Mewtat as my handle name for a ton of forums. And it's easy to remember.

~jenn

pbandj_smakaroo
April 5th, 2008, 01:52 AM
pbandj_smakaroo is also my eBay screen name. I needed something "kiddish" sounding because I sell A LOT of kids clothes on eBay.

Kev
April 8th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Hmmm.. how to explain my screen name?

It's my name. :D :wink:

CANCUNKARL
April 11th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Mine is simple I love going to cancun and my name is Karl

cehowardrc51
April 11th, 2008, 09:54 AM
mines prety self explanatory my name is emma and i am a learner skater

"Emma", is a very rare and beautiful name.

My mother's name is "Emma".:)

cehowardrc51
April 11th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I got my screen name from my wife. I bought a Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull revolver, she started calling it madcow because it has almost twice the power & recoil of the 44 magnum.

Picture of the revolver
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9902/ragingbullga2.jpg

Love it!!http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/thumb.gif

IMO, the most handsomest piece out there!! I am crazy about the one in deep blue, with the Raging Bull outlined in gold!!

Again, awesome picture.

I know you only shoot one shot a day with that too!! http://mysite.verizon.net/cehowardrc51/badteeth.gif

likkwid
April 11th, 2008, 12:12 PM
in jamskating, I noticed everybody was doing the same thing, but just in a different order, so I set out to create a completely different style af footwork called liquid footowork... hence, likkwid!!!