PDA

View Full Version : Rink Birthday party

Larry_PA
February 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Well...Saturday, My wife told me that they reserved the skating rink for a semi private birthday party for me. We all went, myself, wife, two daughters, son-in-law and 2 yr old grandson. When we got there the owner said, which party, we told him, he asked where are the kids? We kinda looked at each other and said this is it. He said is it the little guys birthday, and the rest of them just pointed at me. He looked kinda bewildered and said, they will call your name when your pizza is ready and the cake will be at 12:30. It was one of the best parties I had in a long time.....was a little upset I didn't get a hat. :)

sk8rmom
February 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Happy Birthday!!

Geesh, the rink owner needs to get with the times. I've had my last three birthday parties at the rink. It was fun too. Only a couple were "official" parties though.

Tuesday Girl
February 25th, 2008, 07:55 PM
My brother's 30th birthday party at the rink (and he's not even "into" skating!) was what got me back after 25 years. I am 16 years older than the 30 yr. old baby brother. When my oldest brother, who is 2 yrs. older than I am, and I showed up at his skating party, we were the flashy ones! My baby brother said, "I didn't know you guys could skate!" He was always too young to go when we went years ago! My birthday was a week ago Sunday, but no one I'm really close to skates, so I doubt my parties will ever be at the rink! Darn!:mad:

sk8rmom
February 27th, 2008, 12:31 AM
You could throw your own party and invite them. Maybe then you will encourage them to skate. That's what I did and one of my skating buddies is the wife of a coworker. She used to dance skate, but hadn't skated in years....until my first birthday party at the rink. She surprised me with my last one. LOL She's there twice a week now and went with me (helped organize too) to Phoenix on both of our trips up there.

So, you never know who might join you in skating if YOU throw the party.