PDA

View Full Version : And for those with a serious death wish....

Wolfgang
March 6th, 2008, 04:02 PM
....we have the 'Motosk8'.....currently on Ebay.
A weedwhacker motor hooked up to one of your inlines with hand-operated throttle.
Goes up to 25mph (ooo doggies....) stock.
Said motor powers an extra (5th) wheel in the back of one skate - one wonders if the brake (which looks like one of those 'internal friction' models I remember from the mid-90's) is ehanced,too.
According to the seller, the extra weight of 16 pounds 'will not in any way impede your skating'.
Sure.
My heaviest cat weighs about that much, and I could skate just fine with him clutching my leg -driving me to ever greater speed with claw power.....

Skateguy
March 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
A weedwhacker motor hooked up to one of your inlines with hand-operated throttle.
Said motor powers an extra (5th) wheel in the back of one skate - one wonders if the brake (which looks like one of those 'internal friction' models I remember from the mid-90's) is ehanced,too.
According to the seller, the extra weight of 16 pounds 'will not in any way impede your skating'.
Sure.
My heaviest cat weighs about that much, and I could skate just fine with him clutching my leg -driving me to ever greater speed with claw power.....I'm thinkin 16 pounds on one leg would affect my Skatin some, but that's just me.

kufman
March 6th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Sure.
My heaviest cat weighs about that much, and I could skate just fine with him clutching my leg -driving me to ever greater speed with claw power.....

25 mph, I can skate faster, no need for a motor! but it would be fun :)

OldSchoolRinkRat
March 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
that reminds me of the gas powered sk8board kits I used to see in Thrasher and Transworld Mags back in the early 90's. :biggrin:

Skateguy
March 11th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I got a little device that works great---but I'm thinking better of sharing it here at this time---I have learned about giving to much info--only to find your idea on the market. a week or two latter.

Barf
March 13th, 2008, 03:58 AM
I came *this* close to buying those. Too cool.