View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2006, 05:08 PM   #14
pacificsk8r

Default Arishita/Jerue....

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Yes, Tammy and John were great pairs skaters, along with many other skaters who were coached by the "infamous" Jim Pringle. So I'd like to give their coaches an atta boy.

I think a lot of credit can also be shared by the great coaches of these fantastic skaters. I skated for Pringle back in the 60's, a short stint in the 80's and for the past couple years. I skated at the same rink when Dennis Collier and Karen Marshall, coached by Pringle, as well as many other great skaters like Arishta and Jerue in the 80's. So, I've had many excellent skaters to watch growing up and thereafter. I also recall names like Sylvia Hafke, David Tassinari, Diane Kern and Darlene Barile (my competition). Also, one of my favorites growing up who skated in the division above me was Linda Hawthorne, Calif. I'm sure I could come up with many more given more time.

I'd also like to give a big kudos to my first coach Jim Pollard. He's a great person who has coached many champions. He had to endure a lot of skate banging tantrums from me back in "the day" , heh, heh.

Last edited by pacificsk8r; December 22nd, 2006 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Can't figure out how to do the "quote" thing...
pacificsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote