View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2017, 12:35 AM   #28
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadjiev View Post
Thanks for the advice. I already do a lot of biking. A history of Olympic Lifting and lots of squatting have given me moderately strong legs until a lower back injury sidelined that activity. Recently tested my squat and was able to do 245 for 8 reps which calculates out to a 305 single.

But... that really doesn't strengthen joints, tendons and ligaments, especially from lateral forces. I have been doing turncable type exercises, using bike inner tubes tied to an eye hook in a wall and doing skater-type side "pushes"/"extensions" (mimicking the stroke of a skate). I have found that the deeper I am in my squat and the closer my knee is to 90 degrees, there is much less pain in the knees.
I apologize for any preconception, I assumed you were the opposite end of the scale, so you know exactly what Iím saying, and now itís just a matter of hours getting comfortable in the position required to accelerate while turning, I was busy winters from 3-15 on ice playing hockey, at that age, closer to the ice, in pads, falling wasnít a concern, turning sharply while accelerating was, as I humbly exit, let me add, all things in moderation.

And... drop the butt
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote