View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #8
Intrepid

Default Montreal 24-Hour

The Montreal 24-Hour race may be the most fun that can be had on skates. I did the race in July 2006 as part of the Skater's Quest team and it was an incredible experience. The event puts over 700 skaters together in one location for a full 24 hours of skating, skating, and more skating. The course is a 2.8-mile Formula 1 race track that has hair pin turns, chicanes, rollers, straight-aways and it is in perfect condition. The teams live Saturday and Sunday in the garages (called "paddocks") along Pit Row which provides lots of opportunity to meet and talk to skaters from the US and Canada.

I will be on the Skater's Quest team again in 2007 but I will be happy to share race strategy, do's and dont's, what-to-bring, and lessons-learned with the SkateLog team (if Jessica can convince enough board members and Kathy to form a team).

BTW - flying directly to Montreal is very expensive. We flew to Burlington, VT (half the cost of flying to Montreal) and then drove rental cars across the border to Montreal.

Howard
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote