View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #1
rllrgrl65

Default Need information on bearings

Hello all, i am new to this forum, but not new to skating. Many people tell me good bearings are percision bearing, and ceramic bearings, but i have no way of knowing, because here in N.H. (U.S.A.), there not many places to buy bearing, where you can ask questions, and the sales person knows what there talking about.
I have a few sets of bearings, for both 7mm, and 8mm, but don't know much about them. I have a set of bearings that say "FAFNIR" "37KD" (7mm)
a set that say "60018" "WS" "J", (8mm), and a set that say "SNH" ''627Z" (or 527Z) 8mm. My questions are, is there a code to understand what the numbers, & letters mean?, where can i find this code(if there is one), and what can i use to clean bearings, and what can i use to lubricate them.
I know.....it's an awful lot of questions, but if anyone could just answer one, i would be so greatful ! I am the manager of a roller skating rink, and i feel a bit foolish having to tell customers i don't know what there bearing are.
THANKS A BUNCH
tsdemayo@comcast.net (e-mail)

P.S. Would love to here what other rinks around the nation/world, are listening to, and do you play "4-Corners #'s game" where you skate??
rllrgrl65 is offline   Reply With Quote