View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #4
SmileySk8s

I will go back to the Edgewater resort and I'm bringing the kids next time. They would have loved the waterpark.

And it is close to the turn from Lemon Drop hill onto the interstate which would be a good viewing place that is walking distance from the hotel. We had a lakeview room, and from the balcony you could watch the skaters go by. Since the hotel is right next to the interstate, you could hear the traffic, but it was easily dampered with the tv on, and was quiet at night when the roads were clear, and then closed off for the race.

We ate at Black Woods across the street. Very good food (the pork chops were delicious). And a Perkins next door for 24 hr eating.

We found that driving back and forth from the DECC parking lot wasn't a big deal. We paid $5/day and just went in and out. There was ample parking at the hotel and the DECC lots. Sure we weren't right next to all the happenings around "downtown" Duluth, but I don't feel we missed out on anything either by staying in a hotel 3 miles away.

Last edited by SmileySk8s; September 19th, 2011 at 03:20 PM.
SmileySk8s is offline   Reply With Quote