View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2018, 05:22 PM   #6
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oicusk82huh View Post
7, it's the number on the click nut! Don't roll your eye! Hahaha. It's cool, everyone's got their own groove.

It's like a whole new world has opened up! I've never been this happy!

I've never been this broke!!!!$$$$$$$$$$ And I'll do it again, especially since the reward is great

OK now we are gonna get technical. The numbers on the click nut are not really useful for anything unless you are working on fractions of a turn (Much more useful on micrometer actions that do not click however) You count the clicks. So counting clicks, back the nut off until it stops turning against the safety screw. It will most likely be between clicks. Then, tighten the nut until it clicks, once. That is zero. Then any amount of clicks past that is the number of clicks. If you need more than 6 (one turn I believe) you may want to look into firmer cushions. ALL king pin actions work best when they are run with minimum preload. I run mine on the zero click w/ the soft green cushions.