View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #457
CraigO

Hi All... Craig here from Melbourne Australia.
I introduced myself on another forum topic around 2008, after reconnecting on Facebook with skating friends from my early teenage years, concluding the post with something along the lines of "makes me want to lace on a pair of skates and take it up again".
Fast forward to 2012... Started going along to the Wednesday adult dance class at Caribbean Rollerama and met the class coach, Elfie. She encouraged me to compete again after a 30 year absence from the sport. Also at the class were (some) members of the Pacemakers precision team and they invited me to come along to a few of their training sessions.
Took up competing again this year and had an absolute hoot! Not sure what I wanted to focus on (still don't) so tried it all - figures, free, solo dance, CSD and precision.
It's been a great season (Australian Nationals finished on Friday) and am looking forward to what next year has in store.
(Most of) the faces have changed and the sport isn't quite as big as it used to be but the friendliness of the people and the excitement of training and competition (jitters and all) are still there.

Great to be back in the Sport!

Last edited by CraigO; October 7th, 2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Wrong year! No biggie tho!
CraigO is offline   Reply With Quote