View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #91
Ancient1

Sarah,
The picture on my profile page leaning against my car was when I was in my early 20's. I weighed about 170 lbs. I didn't look very strong, but I could press 600 lbs with my legs over 10 reps. I took a scuba class back then and I almost failed. I had so much muscle that I could not float. I was burning energy kicking to tread water. I could crawl on the bottom of the pool.

The short of it. Skating will build a lot of muscle and you will look lean. Those pants I was wearing were a 30" waist at 170 lbs. I didn't have rippling muscles, but I had no fat either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhallford View Post
Lol! I completely understand wanting to peek.

I actually pulled out my old favorite pair of "skinny" jeans. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I was able to put them on and zip them. I don't think I could get one leg into them when I started skating last year. Which leads me to an interesting observation, I weigh 20 pounds more now than I did the last time I could wear them. That tells me that at least some of the weight I have know is from building muscle from skating. I've still definitely got some to lose but that gives me hope and keeps me from pining over what the scale says.

S