View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #69
fierocious1

I am stating flatly that it is the GEOMETRY of the shallower action for the DA5-10-15 style plates enables them to work better for speed skaters than the GEOMETRY of the steeper action DA45 style plates, and NEITHER style plate's action GEOMETRY can be significantly altered by mere cushion or pivot adjustments.

-Armadillo[/QUOTE]o

BS, The geometry can be changed. That is the point you don't get, You are so used to the non-D/A 45 not lending itself to adjustability. It doesn't take much change on the D/A 45 to see the difference, that it can be altered.
Don't believe it, fine by me. But don't claim things to be fact when you haven't explored it.
Speculation is usually before testing, an unknown. Cushions themselves can be changed to affect the pivot angle thus changing the mechanical response of the plate, making the trucks turn more or less with X(same) input angle.

I have been doing these exact same kinds of pivot pin tweaks with Chicago Panther trucks for over five years already, and trying them on a wide variety of different style plates too. No doubt I have tried using them with more frakenplate testing setups than just about anyone. So I do get the picture of what you are up to with your DA45 pivot tweaks.

-Armadillo[/QUOTE]

Pivot angle is not a fixed value in 99% of all skates, if you don't understand that you have serious problems grasping what is fact. The only plate out there that I know of that the angle cannot be changed in is the Micro Star(maybe a couple more I don't know of), it is absolutely fixed. Testing is what you need and lots of it, outside the box testing....

Last edited by fierocious1; May 4th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote