Thread: Cushion tester
View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 01:43 PM   #5
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
Take your time im tying to merthfull.
The motor didnt seem to be connected up but it would be something i would use myself if it fit the bill quickly .not as if your selling a production run of these testers.
Its like... hmmm I have low ramp up..... Yes but. Talking about it and proving it is rwo different things. In my spare time I'm building these tools. My friends that run cars a Bonnieville have a homebuilt waterbrake to test motor output. It sits in their shop, in a corner. When the time comes they put a motor on it to let the motor prove up modifications/changes to the already powerful engine. 700hp normally aspirated on an antique 6 cylinder truck motor is almost unbelievable.
Well, we can all talk about what our skates are capable of, but that doesn't necessarily mean that our mods are a good thing. So you chase a goal and then apply it in a test. Then apply it to the floor. Big difference.
A lot of cushion descriptions in the skate board industry are vague. What each type/shape is good for, strip away the unknowns.
Cushion shapes, heights and hardness help you control your skates, but not all skaters skate in the same places and types of skating.
I like carving through traffic and cranking up the speed sometimes. So Im out to find the limits of a well mannered cushion configuration for my application. So far I'm really liking tall cushion... so how far can I go cushion wise, where is my limit at?
Anyway. This tool will be able to actually show that binding can occur at much different plate angles. Then a person has better understanding because what you could not see while skating is now right in front of you.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote