View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2019, 01:24 AM   #244
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ese002 View Post
What's the issue with the GPS?
I had two of them The new one won't hold a charge so I pretty much have to make certain to charge it just before I use it making afternoon workouts interesting challenges. Also this GPS was a watch and the whole case is cracking (plastic) and the band is broken off. Fixed this by grinding all of the band attachments off and using Velcro (R) to my wristguard instead.

The old GPS took FOREVER to link up with satellites. Most days I would finish my entire commute before it found even one satellite. It does not like finding satellites once I am moving and I ain't standing in the sun for 20 minutes waiting on it. So finally I just spiked the thing on the tarmac and shattered it, which was the most gratifying thing I did that week.

When the remaining GPS dies I likely will not replace it. My mileage is very pedestrian these days anyway. The new job is great but much more physical and in the weather all day so getting MORE heatstroke after work is often not attractive. Today was 104F when work let out at 3:30 p.m. for instance. Yet I still managed 10.4 miles in three sessions: 2.4 to work, 2.3 lunch skate, and then added a few laps in the park to get my 10 on the way home.