View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2017, 07:12 PM   #5
sommemi
Evn my Redbloodcells roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
Skate of the Union (Washington, DC) 2018 is scheduled for June 22-24, 2018. This is one of the best remaining outdoor races left so I hope more people consider coming to DC in 2018.

The Eastern Seaboard Series dates move around year to year based on track availability. They also will (rarely) move a race to a day or week later just before the race date based on the forecast (the pavement coating is just too slick to skate wet).

The Eastern Seaboard Series typically has a June race as well. Last year the Connecticut Outdoor Challenge filled in on this missing race date of June 10, 2017.

Montreal 24 relay date is at the mercy of track availability. Last year was later than they wanted. 2018 will likely be late August or early September based on previous year race dates.

Squiggy is permanently cancelled. A fun skating weekend is going to be held instead the weekend of February 9-11, 2018.

Thank you for making the effort to avoid race date conflicts. Admittedly, there isn't a ton of potential participation overlap, but in years past we've had two and even three major races on the same weekend. Of course, a Saturday/Sunday doubleheader can be fun if the locations are close enough. One of my most memorable weekends involved Eastern Seaboard Series on Saturday, a drive to BWI, a flight to SFO, sleeping a few hours in the back of a rental car, then a third place finish in Napa racing with Andy Kostka (RIP).
Holy catoly... that's a lot in one weekend! But man, I used to live for that stuff. Harder to travel with my personal commitments right now, but hopefully will have more flexibility to do that in the future! I think my favorite part is when there is enough time in between stuff to go tour around with the family and take the whole fan-damily with me as a skate-cation. :-)

AND THANK YOU!!! for the reply. I appreciate it! I'll make sure those are added to my 2018 list.