Thread: Nordic or not
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2018, 05:53 PM   #20
Monkeybeaver

So, been skating the Skikes exclusively since my last post. Gone through all the shoes I own & none were really suitable so Iíve bought some cheap walking boots. What a difference they have made. I used to feel like I was skating poorly fitting skates & couldnít work out if it was the foot to shoe connection or the shoe to a Skike connection that was the problem. I think it was a combination of both, my runnng shoes didnít really fit in the Skikes properly so no matter how tight I got the straps they still moved and my running shoes are purposely a little large to allow for my feet to swell & help avoid the runners toenail issue, so my feet could also move inside the shoe.
Starting to get my timing & rhythm dialled in now, itís feeling nice & smooth and I donít feel like itís rushed anymore.
Iíve found a couple of Facebook groups here in the UK, itís good to talk to more experienced guys. Thereís a Skike class in the Forest of Dean half marathon this year, too close for me to be ready this year but itís something to aim at for next year.
Monkeybeaver is offline   Reply With Quote