View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #3
Knezz
Olde School And Olde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
It's a looooong story. Goes back 3 to 4 years or even longer. I asked the same question when I got here 6 years ago. The discussion went on for several years before the Admins took action. Anyway, the Admins put in place where a thread in that section will automatically delete itself after a certain period of time to help them keep a tidy board, help the sellers so that they would not have to alter or monitor a thread once the item has been sold and help the potential buyers so that they would not keep asking if something was still available, etc.

The only reasons people still do it today is they may not know that this feature exists or they have been around for so long and they've always deleted content once they sell an item and they probably always will do it.
I fully understand and automatic deletion schedule. It is extremely important for both user, seller and the board.

I'm questioning why individuals replace the selling price with the word "Sold"? For me, I would find it helpful to keep the price there with sold added to be back of the title and "SOLD" in the body of the post. As a buyer and seller the selling price would give me a gauge of what the going price of an item wheither I find another like item here or on sites like ebay.

Some individuals try to sanitize the post as if it never existed - removing everything other than "Sold" in the title and "Sold" in the body of the post. I do understand maybe removing the pictures to save space on their Photobucket..but the other stuff (in my eyes would be usefull).

Just saying!!