View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #1
gsloop

Default 125mm wheel info compendium

This thread is for holding the current details of 125mm wheels.

Here's the list I've made from reports from other people. [I've not skated many of these wheels, so I'm just compiling the data I've seen as best I can.] Corrections, additions etc are very welcome - but please no third/fourth-hand data. Please report only what you know first-hand from having skated the wheel yourself. [Or perhaps a report from a friend who directly skated them. But not a friend of a friend who knows a guy who was related to some dude who saw a cute spandex-wearing chick who skated them.]

If you want to simply discuss 125 wheels, why not use the following thread, rather than cluttering this one up?
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...t=54104&page=4

I'll update this list as I can.

Last updated: 2017.05.09
===

Outdoor
---
Matter G13: excellent
Matter CodeWhite: Excellent
Matter: One20Five: Quite good-to-excellent
Matter: One20Five: *LTE* substantially worse than the, now standard, One20Five
MPC [Black magic?]: Very Good-to-Excellent
RollX X-Road: Middling Good.
Atom Boom Road 125: Middling Good.
Mota 125 Hybrid: Mostly unknown, but reported to have a short life where they perform well. [And perhaps manufactured poorly.]
MPC [Street fight]: Kinda dog-ish, not great. [This isn't a dual-band wheel.]

===

Indoor
---
Matter Code White
Matter G13 [Reportedly short life, break-down quickly.]
Matter One20Five
Lethal X F2 (green)
Bont Red Magic Hardcore (aluminum hubs)
Atom Boom Road 125: Not great. Slow. [Or pretty awful, depending on who is talking... "horrid roll and spoke vibration"]
Mota 125 Hybrid: Mostly unknown, but reported to have a short life where they perform well. [And perhaps manufactured poorly.]
???

Notes: With the Matter wheels indoors, it depends on the length of the race that dictates what wheels I use. Short races are the One20Five. The band in the One20Five tends to get rubbery in longer indoor races. G13 wheels are awesome when new, but seems to break down quickly.

---
Hope that's useful to people looking at wheels.