View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #81
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Cell phones do not do the forum justice. Now home on the computer.
A lot of the stuff you mention above, I didn't imply, like changing the geometry from one to another. Pivot angle is another subject, and it does have drastic affects and can be manipulated with skate gear that lends itself to the mods. Ther is one very obvious property of the D/A setup that you overlook.
The one statement you should make, you don't. Not anywhere is the statement I am looking for from you. So you don't know as much as you claim. Understanding plate lean angle is the most important part of what I tune for.... Sorry you didn't get that either( I have repeated it numerous times in our discussions. And no I'm not giving you a clue. Doc knows, I didn't get it from him either, I figured it out on my own. As long as you aren't testing it you will not know.
When I say the "turning response" of a plate, over and over and over in this thread, what do you think I mean? I have clearly explained it several times. My explanations repeatedly reference the plate's "lean angle," when I use the words "plate lean". What don't you grasp about the term "plate lean"? It is the number of degrees from vertical that the plate gets leaned, the exact same thing as your term "lean angle" means.
Anyone reading this thread can see you are starting to talk trash here.

The turn response profile of a plate is the ratio of how much "lean angle" (from vertical) it takes to produce a given amount of axle swing angle (away from neutral in the horizontal plane).

I don't need any clues from you to understand "lean angle" I have been posting explanations of this in relation to how and why the DA45 plates work the way they do, and produce the kind of performance they do, since well before you even joined the SLForum.

So before you get all condescending with me perhaps you might want to fire up the search tool and set the clock back a few years to get caught up to speed on what I laid out here well prior to your arrival.

-Armadillo