View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2006, 04:25 AM   #113
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Funny thing you mentioned that. It's what I actually used this year. I've been a loyal Gu chocolate user for years, willing to say 99% of the gels I've ever eaten have been that. Last second shopping this year left me empty handed when it came time to buy my GUs and Accelerade. Popped over to the (bike)shop and the only Accelerade they had was Lemon Lime and I thought, "how bad can it be..." they also no longer sell GUs, just every other thing. Stocked up on the chocolate HammerGel and it was fine. The Lemon-Lime Accelerade was nasty, just nasty. The smell was pretty obnoxious-very sea weedy smelling, total barf out on the smell, but the taste was much more tolerable. I'll check the link, thanks.
i think the chocolate hammer gel might have caffeine in it, not sure, maybe i'm confusing it with espresso? Anyway, i read some lengthy cycling messageboard and the majority of guys on there prefered Hammer Gel by a oretty good majority. Yeah, i know , they are cyclists and not skaters, but hay, just becuase they took one wrong turn in life doesn;t disqualify everything they think...

Accelearde - tried the fruit punch once for variety and it was too sweet. the Orange is my hands down favorite. I get the 56 serving size for about $22 per container, no shipping, no tax, delivered to my door, just add water.

This stuff gets me so fueled up, i feel like i could skate between major metropilitan centers along the southeastern seaboard.
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote