View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #3
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Why I don't run toe stops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Oh, and I also think I know the REAL REASON why DocSk8, a blue cushion guy I believe, does not use toe stops.

True or Yellow barrels and blue cones... Depends on my mood and the floor..

Right after I got my skates on at the rink, I went first to the water fountain for a drink and I got my inside wheel caught up on the toe stop. Luckily I did not fall. The trucks turned so far and so easily that toe stops were a no go.

I was running sans stops for years before the DA45s happened... But that can be a problem with the Magnum DA45s... Cut away stops work decent and I have seen several modified versions of various stops...

So, my question to all you DA45'ers is, what cushions do you run and what was your tuning journey to find your favorite setup? And for those brave souls out there who are all blue, how long did it take to get used to them?
No time at all. I had been sk8ing on soft rubber since 2001. LA Skate used to sell some sweet soft bushings. Then they quit making them. I was starting to get into a bit of a panic until I found the white Khiros.... then SG brought out their cushions.