View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Vitaman
This used to be easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Right after I got my skates on at the rink, I went first to the water fountain for a drink and I got my inside wheel caught up on the toe stop. Luckily I did not fall. The trucks turned so far and so easily that toe stops were a no go.
A similar thing happened to me. I used to rely on my toe stops heavily, and never thought I could ever do without them. When I went from a 210 wheelbase to a 190, I started tripping over my toe stops. I switched to the mini stoppers, but that wasn't cutting it either.

So, I bought a Giotto, and Doc mounted it up for me. The biggest one they make is a 185, so I wound up going to an even shorter wheelbase. That's when I learned two things. I can skate fine without the toe stops, and I hit the mark with the wheelbase. I still can't believe how dropping the extra 5mm made such a big difference, but it did. I've been on that wheelbase ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
So, my question to all you DA45'ers is, what cushions do you run and what was your tuning journey to find your favorite setup? And for those brave souls out there who are all blue, how long did it take to get used to them?
I'm running purple uppers and blue lowers (conicals) on my Royals. This works best for me at Roller jam, which is a smaller more crowded rink. The extra maneuverability comes in real handy.