View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:43 AM   #46
splitwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlracer View Post
Dave I will search around for some more old ads to post. In the mean time check out this vintage pair of skates. This pair was up for bid on ebay about six months ago and I let them get away from me. Notice that these skates have never been used. The wood wheels show no signs of wear and the boot still shines. It is a beautiful example of the type of speed skates that were sold in the 60's. Maybe the 50's I'm not sure. Richard and Dick can help out there. Its a Hyde boot and a Chicago Jet Plate. Richard will probably know what wheels are on this skate.
I sure wish I would have won the bid on these. They are beautiful.

Tracy:

Trust me no one I knew was racing with a Pro Tecktoe toestop back in that timeframe. That setup looks like a decent round and rounder session skate, nothing more. Yes it is a Chicago Jet, too small for thaboot, even though it i is mounted too far back, I would probably would have gone with one size up to get a center heel, center ball on that size boot.

I am not sure on the wheels, they look a tad wide for Chicago SP 87's, there were a few offbrand woodies around in the 50's but they did not last long. That set up by virtue of the boot and toes protector tells me it is late 50's vintage JMHO!

Splitwoods
splitwoods is offline   Reply With Quote