Thread: New to SLF
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2017, 02:44 AM   #1
MSB256

Default New to SLF

Hi everyone,

I'm new to SLF. I grew up going to the rink, had some blue hyper cannibals as a kid, worked at a rink when I was around 16/17, and now I'm 34 and have kids who I want to enjoy skating with... while also smoking some of the youngins in the skate races... and from time to time getting smoked myself. Also want to look into some adult nights. And, I kind of miss playing paddle tag (anyone else play paddle tag growing up?).

I'm looking to get some skates and like other sports or activities with product/gear, the choices are so plentiful it might seem overwhelming. Any advice on what to buy would be appreciated, and, if there are people on SLF who sell skates, I'd be interested to know.

I'm between 180 - 190, like to shuffle skate (I think... called it trucking in my day), like to race, like to go fast, like to... I believe I saw someone call it hockey stop (called it bark in my day). I feel like I want a middle of the road setup. Riedell boots (not sure which one), laser hard nose or powerdyne reactor neo plates, green or white shamans, bones bearings. That's an idea of the kind of setup I'm thinking about, but I welcome not only suggestions on what to get, but where to get it.

Thanks!
MSB256 is offline   Reply With Quote