View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2018, 10:31 PM   #190
Joey
Powerslide Hardcore EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ese002 View Post
...I reached for the inflater and CO2 canister and discovered that the C02 cannister was too wide to fit into the inflater....
Once in my life I had the same type of issue. I was packing for a bike ride around our big local lake - about 150 miles. I didn't feel like carrying CO2 and a bike pump, so I tossed the CO2 on my desk at home and carried the pump since I could get multiple punctures during that ride as the roads can be full of debris in places. I was riding a road racing bike with very narrow, high pressure tires. I always carry an extra tube and patches.

At roughly 105 miles I got a piece of wire in the rear tire. Repaired it. Began inflating when the pump - a really nice one - blew an "O" ring. I could clearly see in my mind's eye my CO2 lying on my desktop. I was in the middle of nowhere. So i took the pump apart and rearranged some O-Rings to get low pressure capability. For 25 miles I limped along careful to not hit any trash until finally reaching a fuel station with an air hose.