View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #20
jkaplenk
Skating Afficiondo

Smile Website Updated and Mostly Complete

The website http://usopeninline.com is pretty much complete with all the info along with a short entry form and a full entry form with all the details and relevant rules in one .pdf file. Unfortunately it is best read with IE7 due to Publisher's quirks, the quickest tool available right now. We can use a webmaster for next year if there are volunteers.

If you can't compete please join us for the Seminar or just to watch. Bring your skates because we'll be doing some of the seminars on the floor. We will have a limited supply of free inline figure skate loaners courtesy of PIC Skate. Send us your size if you are interested and we can see what's available or try to get it sent here.

You also book some private lesson time with Nick Perna at nicpicsk8@aol.com among other coaches that specialize in inline figure skating. We can add a coaches list of people willing to do private lessons. Just send me an email and I'll post your contact info.

We posted the Slalom/Freestyle rules and will use WSSA rules. The judge will be Megan McIntosh among others. I was told she is a National Champion. We have some skaters that may be coming from overseas and can judge also.

We'll also have a social event Saturday night. I'm leaning towards a local Irish Pub with live music. I can also handle a good crowd at my house. It is pretty big. You can join us just for the party if you like. Check the website for costs.

Joe Kaplenk, Chair
U.S. Open Inline Chicago 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaplenk View Post
It would probably be in the Chicago area next year. We had a lot of hurdles to overcome this year and so would like a full year to get things settled. But if we get an offer we can't refuse then it would be different.

The thinking is to move it between the East, Midwest and West coasts. This is the advantage of having an organization sponsor the competition as opposed to a rink.

There is also the possibility of putting it out to bid which might be advantageous if we have a good turnout this year. Then the winning bid can do take care of a lot of the local site work.

Joe