View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2016, 11:50 PM   #5
EoinCuinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Now that you have done it, adjusting them is not as scary, is it?? One of the things I teach the local derby league is go ahead and play with them. You won't know what they can do unless you give them a chance.
Not scary at all. Well except for thinking I was going to break them getting that locknut undone.

Quote:
I have found those to about the same as the mid range blue urethane as far as durometer goes. Response is different however.
Better rebound? I'm 74kg, so about 163 pounds, so I'm thinking the greys. Most of the competitors at our rink are on these plates and boots, so I am going to pick some brains this weekend on who is on what, we have some other 6ft blokes on them.

Quote:
Variant?? Or Blaster??
Variant M

Quote:
Which Crazys and how did they fail?? I have seen a couple of broken Apollos but never any serious Venus failures.
They were the Crazy Arts, 2015. They were on an Apollo plate. It was the boot that failed, completely parted company with the plate. Returned for 100% refund, and then some serious exploration happened for something at a considerably higher price point, but something that I would be far more comfortable in, and would last me a lot longer. Definitely an example of you get what you pay for.
EoinCuinn is offline   Reply With Quote