View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2018, 04:25 AM   #10
larryoracing

Smile A little late on this post...lol! Sorry!

Quote:
Larry, what type of cushion (or color) do you have on your Giotto? How would you compare it to the rubber? Do you skate in the Concerto for fun, or only for competition type things/training? Also, if you had to guess, which hardness would you assess your SP Teri's at? Why do you like the harder boots, is it for jumping, control, ect?
1)
Quote:
Larry, what type of cushion (or color) do you have on your Giotto?
Turqoise/Clear Blue

Well the only other cushion I have in natural rubber is on my Dance plates and I have the natural yellow rubber cushions and I feel the Clear Blue are harder, but that might just be because of a myriad of circumstances...adjusted the trucks looser and the boots are low top on the Dance plates.

Natural rubber seem to wear out quick?????

2)
Quote:
Do you skate in the Concerto for fun, or only for competition type things/training?
I skate the Concerto for Freestyle.

3)
Quote:
Also, if you had to guess, which hardness would you assess your SP Teri's at?
Glad you asked that question. I would guess the stiffness of my Silver Star SP Teri at 55.

4)
Quote:
Why do you like the harder boots, is it for jumping, control, ect?
I grew up on the stiffest boots know to man. Gold Star Riedells. I was given these boots because they would prevent the angles from twisting.

Also "control" is increased 1000%. With stiff boots you can only jump straight up and down. There is no give. With softer boots you can jump at an angle and that is harder to control.

It's harder to get use to a stiff boot, but once you do you can only skate straight up and down and that is the correct way to skate. All those boys that do quadruples wear the stiffest boots known to man and wear them out in just a few months. Nathan Chan is an example. He changes his EDEA boots out after just 4 months of use.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani and thanks for asking. I was glad to give input...lol!
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote