View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2015, 06:47 PM   #22
Rancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommemi View Post
Maybe because I skimmed the comments, but I didn't see a lot of wheel advice. I know there are a lot out there, but I would say the type of wheel you want depends on your weight and the rink floor coating. I don't know if you are interested in light wheels or wheels with a strong hub to support you. That will guide your wheel shopping too. If you want to save some money, there are some decent priced wheels through Atom like the low-boys, strokers, etc that will be good for you. If you want to really be competitive, you'll have to try out other wheels to see what works for you. Shamans, Power Plus, etc are popular. Anabolix wheels were all the rage but they don't seem to be selling them anymore, so you'd have to look for used ones that someone is selling off and regroove them if you care about grooves on your wheels. Does Great Skate sell wheels? They probably have some good info from their own dealers. Good luck!!
There are some annabolix wheels for sale on the bay right now. Atomic and Purple reigns. They are supposedly the last of them...