Thread: Wobbly skate
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2020, 04:42 PM   #1
gsng

Default Wobbly skate

Sorry I am posting this twice. Once in the ask Doc forum. I wasnít sure which place was more appropriate.

I am new here. I have skated since I was a kid, but recently got back into quad skating. Been at it for a few months. I have been skating derby and have the RIEDELL 126 boot with Powerdyne Reactor Neo plates and Atom Savant 97 wheels. Ever since I got these skates, the left skate has been wandering, wobbly or with a mind of its own. I causes me a great deal of instability. I donít have this problem on any other skates (i have tried a few teammates skates). I have tried tightening and loosening the trucks and it doesnít help at all. Tried different lacing techniques but I am confident this isnít the problem. I donít know if the plate is mounted wrong or it could be a pivot cup issue or what is going on. I have also changed the original wheels to the savants and it hasnít helped either. I donít really know how to check pivot cups. I have researched this plate but not really found much about tuning it. Itís a bit different than some of the plates I see on youtube. I really want to figure this out and can take pictures if I need to. Any help would be vastly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time!

UPDATE:

I noticed when trying to set all wheels to same spin that the left skate, the wobbly one, well itís front inside wheel doesnít spin smooth. I can see a slight wobble. I went out bought some new bearings, nothing too fancy and cleaned my wheels, then reinstalled. Same wheel is still wobbly. Looking at the axle I donít see anything that visually stands out as being messed up. I am not sure this is the reason behind this or if there is something wrong with the truckís axle. And if there is what could have caused it. Just wanted to post this update in the case that it will help in getting an answer. I really need to figure this out. Have a big skate tomorrow.

Thanks again!
gsng is offline   Reply With Quote