View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2007, 04:45 AM   #36
speedysktr
President of Everything

again, I'll blurt it out. Sorry if my overcooked theories are a little too much.

Sometimes people find something that lets them feel like nothing else and we get lost in that feeling. We spend so much of our lives feeling this or that because it's what we have to do to get by and just survive. When you find that thing that makes you feel like you are living, it becomes your happy place. It's the place you go to in your mind where your soul feels unencumbered. I've said before that skating is the closest thing to flying that we can experience, but in reality for some of us it is flying. Our legs are moving across the earth, but our spirit is moving through time and space like an eagle on the wind. It never surprises me that people get obsessed with skating.

Sheldon, I feel you, man. I know what it's like to fly and know what it is like to crash and burn. Take your time and find your way.

Sometimes losing something is the only true way to measure what it means to you. The pain of absence typically produces a clarity of vision that leaves little doubt as to the measure of worth of the missing thing. The Stones said you can't always get what you want, but you usually get what you need. It's important to know what you need, but it's also critical to maintain the balance between managing your responsiblities to others.

This may sound trite, but if it's a priority for you, you'll find a way to make it happen. May that way be for the good and benefit of all with harm to none.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote