S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #81
fierocious1

Default I apologize

For some of my behavior, not all though. I tend to get into it with one person mainly. He can mislead newbies and that scares me. The newbies need a fair chance to develop their opnions with out being bombarded and beat down by "My way is THE way" or "I AM the EXPERT". It is irritating, sometimes I feel like I must balance the beam or try to neutralize the overbearing opinion being crammed down others throats. I was doing good not getting involved for a couple of weeks, then..... statements being made that did not make sense triggered it.
ON the other hand it can be fairly entertaining.
Anyway If I offended anyone, I apologize. I promise to try to do better.
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #82
quantoo

Default me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
For some of my behavior, not all though. I tend to get into it with one person mainly. He can mislead newbies and that scares me. The newbies need a fair chance to develop their opnions with out being bombarded and beat down by "My way is THE way" or "I AM the EXPERT". It is irritating, sometimes I feel like I must balance the beam or try to neutralize the overbearing opinion being crammed down others throats. I was doing good not getting involved for a couple of weeks, then..... statements being made that did not make sense triggered it.
ON the other hand it can be fairly entertaining.
Anyway If I offended anyone, I apologize. I promise to try to do better.
My behavior is similar. And guess what im not apologising LOL
doesnt every body Debate / argue on this forum.Like a italian family dinner when every thing gets thrown across the table .and its just how things get sorted out most of the time on skatelog IMHO.But im sorry if i do offend anybody.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 04:47 AM   #83
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default As A Tread/Thread Develops

Hi ALL,
Italian Family Contributor quantoo

This is mostly for Kathie, since she forgot from her early days with us, or is not competitive. I think Jessica knows this stuff, and she has that young man (son) who has now got to be quite a challenge. Jessica Just wait

I post this because the gals including LittleLoca eventually had to get quite mean (nasty) to make their point to shake up a Derby Gal. I remember this tread because I said to myself "HEY if it works it works" . Yet hey those gals can be UP_Front. This works for guys and should work for gals.

Not everyone responds to "Now Honey" "Now Sweetie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollergirl012 View Post
I am entering my 3rd season of roller derby and our first roster/charter just came out. I was confident that I would be ranked fairly high. Well, I made the o -o
BTW it all seemed to end well and everyone became better SLF friends.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
P.S. Had a Good Last few skates and a Good One tonight at Skateland.
Life can not be better.

Edit-01: Shoot forgot that one of my InLine Long Long time NH buddies is moving to NewJersey MapleWood. He might come on back to Mass to skate with us yet I want him to skate and maybe meet up with me in some Jersey places including Little Loca's home rink. South Amboy, Staten, Newark

Last edited by MANY_SkatingDave; March 30th, 2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Shoot Forgot
MANY_SkatingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #84
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
For the 2 years that I have been here, 1 poster has caused the most problems. Worse, this person has lied and promoted skate modifications that are dangerous. ...
I have never lied on the SLF and you have no facts to back this false accusation. That you even make such a blatant and false accusation indicates more about those who really do lie.
I never "promoted skate modifications that are dangerous". I posted about my weight reduction experiments testing whether 3/8" aluminum kingpins could work. I offered them to others who might also be interested. I never sold any to any SLF member or profited in any way from posting about this experiment. I also posted that it was a failure so that others would not waste their time and money.

Quote:
And now, we have some seemingly good newer posters that do not understand the hostility MANY good loggers have for this logger, and it is causing them to express doubt on the merits of the forum. It is justified. And if we did not counter some of his foolish ramblings, noobs could get hurt. Especially since claims are made regarding turning a $40 plate into a hot rod that can outperform a $350 plate. It is fantasy, but could EASILY mislead a person that has yet to learn what makes for good quad performance or does not have a great deal of money.
Just because you, as the self-appointed protector of the noobs declares hostility toward a logger "is justified" does not make justified.
When you cannot counter my posts you resort to calling them "foolish ramblings", yet many other SLF members see merit in these posts.

Just because you think squeezing the best possible performance from a cheaper skate before laying down a big chunk of cash on a pricey skate is a "fantasy" does not make that approach bad advice. Nobody is getting hurt by this advice either.
You are so exaggerating now, to justify the past bad behavior.
Give us a break please.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Dozens upon dozens of good threads have been turned to crap by this person. Outstanding loggers are being DEMONIZED by inexperienced loggers as they go about the job of debunking a nut. And the mods do nothing. My beautiful, VERY SPECIFIC, ON TOPIC thread was trashed by this moron. I complained repeatedly, and got no action. His posts were CLEARLY OFF TOPIC AND NOT WELCOME. And you failed to enforce the rules. YOUR RULES.
There are no "My beautiful" threads here at SLF, except perhaps Doc Sk8's section. All threads are public threads, and just because the OP may not like the points made in the replies that arrive in "their thread" is not grounds for declaring those replies as being "off topic"
Only Doc gets to control the replies of his section, not you.
Based on the amount of all caps in the above paragraph, I understand you were steamed up about whatever I posted in your "beautiful thread", and I am sorry that you chose to get so steamed up about it, but I do not accept your assessment that my posts were so off topic as you claim they were.

Quote:
This same person came up a year ago. My own opinion was to be lenient. Not that it was my call, but that is how I felt, and that is how it went. 12 months later, with the quad forum in taters, house cleaning needs to be done.

So I am by and large in "I don't give a sh*t" mode. The rules as they exist are not enforced. People of action take action against bad posts/posters. Whiners whine about the people of action. Trolls troll and the place is for sh*t. Hey, don't get me wrong. I can roll with it, whereas many cannot/will not. Like I posted somewhere else. Take the good with the bad and make good posts when you can. And if sh*t gets nasty, well, no one can dish it out or take it as well as me.

It's up to you. The rules are the rules, only they are not. I'll just try and figure out where the invisible lines are, stay inside them, and help folks out when I can.

You do realize some of the BEST people are saying F it and leaving, right?
The record of posting shows whose posts are about ideas and whose posts are about bashing other people. When new ideas are unwelcome, those with their own ideas often prefer to bash instead of debating the merits of the ideas themselves. This is unfortunate. I take more than my fair share of personal bashing here and I still try avoid going back at people at a personal level. I try to stick to the ideas being presented and discussed.

However, when my personal integrity is being baselessly attacked as it is in this post, I will respond to point out the lameness of such posts.

-Armadillo
Old March 30th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #85
Armadillo

Quote:
Well, I have a strong desire to help people have the best skate experience that they can given their goals and desires. I think a lot of other loggers feel the same. The problem person in question is a flat out liar in his claims, and exaggerated when he is not lying. So good people take action. They refute false claims and discredit ideas that deserve it. I think the overdoing it by some of the "good" loggers stems from pure simple frustration. I don't think I have gotten into a lengthy back and forth with this person in some time. I chime in with an opposing view, several other good loggers do the same, and the point is made. But, sometimes people get sucked in out of frustration. New-ish onlookers think, what the hell?, and get turned off. The ROOT of the problem still lies with one person, though the extra fuel for the fire could come from any of about 2 or 3 dozen people. Surely one person out of 3 dozen will be in a pissy mood and take the bait. And the ONE person has again, succeeded to bring the forum down.
Like you, I also "have a strong desire to help people". The record of my nearly 3500 posts here at SLF over the past 5 years clearly confirms this. Just because I take a different approach for what I feel are the best ways to get the most out of quad skates does not make them wrong. You are quite welcome to choose a different approach for setting up your skates, and to post on why you think your way is better, but you do not get to filter my views from the threads just because you think they suck.
Plenty of people have applied my ideas to their skates and gained serious levels of performance improvement.
Plenty of my critics have NOT tried my ideas, yet they go and post loads of criticisms and do their best to trash my ideas, as well as me personally, without even ever having done any first hand testing of the things that I propose for improving skate performance.
You may think I exaggerate certain claims for ways to tweak skates, but most of us can see a serious level of exaggeration in the bogus issues you raise. I do not post at SLF in order to "bait" people here on the Forum., and your suggesting that it is because of my baiting that a few of the dozens of "good loggers" start to go off on me personally is weak justification of that kind of bad behavior.

-Armadillo
Old March 31st, 2012, 05:36 AM   #86
Banzai
Unsafe at ANY speed

I like pie.
Pie is good.
Old March 31st, 2012, 06:18 AM   #87
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
I like pie.
Pie is good.
Depends on the pie and the baker!
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:31 AM   #88
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
I like pie.
Pie is good.
The "Smart and Final Plus" market near my house has great pies at reasonable prices. Both Ralphs and Vons wanted $10 for a cream pie. I got a chocolate cream and banana cream pie each for $5.99. The chocolate cream was good. The banana cream was *OUTSTANDING*. Good prices on the frozen shrimp too. A good sized package of popcorn shrimp for $5.99 or heat and serve scampi in a garlic butter sauce. Mmmm, garlic butter sauce. Put that scampi on some noodles and dice some tomato, YUM. Butter sauces and cream pies. No wonder I am pushing 200lbs instead of hovering around 190. Need more skate/bike time to compensate. Decent prices on booze and beer too. I am due for some Samuel Adams. The only beer I really like. And I can stock up on Captain Morgans Rum for use in my pre-skate cocktail. (hey, ya warm up on the outside before skating, why not warm up a little on the inside as well, )
Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:23 PM   #89
scrapdaddy

Default so over this place

this place is soooooo full of haters......

Last edited by scrapdaddy; April 10th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #90
rsfaze
Old School™

For the people "tired" of this place, is someone holding a gun making you come here?

We make our own choices in life and if I go some place that continues to make me unhappy.. I don't go back
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #91
Chilli Jam

Gilligan's Island was big on coconut cream pies...
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #92
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfaze View Post
For the people "tired" of this place, is someone holding a gun making you come here?

We make our own choices in life and if I go some place that continues to make me unhappy.. I don't go back
Well said Faze.

You can leave anytime you like!

Old April 10th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #93
scrapdaddy

if thats about me, im gonna stay and annoy yall, its fun....
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #94
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
if thats about me, im gonna stay and annoy yall, its fun....
Nah mate, I just like the pic!

But Faze is right.
He is also a top bloke.
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #95
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Default If

"IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!"

Pretty well sums it up!
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #96
swolltitan
Getting Back Into It

Default Faze & Nick!

Old April 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #97
Wolfgang

Participation in online forums - topic irrelevant - requires thick skin. You also need to realize that people who disagree with you are a million times more likely to post replies to whatever you say than people who agree with you.
That's just the way things are.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #98
crashpants
tingle

Forums are an evolving mix of people. New people, like me, come in and have no perception of the culture and vibe of the place. With experience from other forums, we dip a toe in, watch, and try to catch the wave. Sort of like walking into a party where you don't know anybody, and you try to get a sense of the room. Some are better at that than others.

I've already had the wonderful experience of meeting someone here, and then based on the little bit I knew when standing (unknowingly) next to her in line at the Road Rash, asked, 'Are you .... from Skatelog forum?' And she was.

That's really cool, and sets forever in my mind that there is a real person on the other side of these words.
crashpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #99
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Rest Thinking Post

Hi crashpants, Wolfgang, BigNick,

Gosh you guys are good at thinking.

I still have to go back and fight maybe some skate people that can kind of skate, yet a rest post on human philosophy is good. So I will stop with this note for tonight and fight them on another night.

crashpants: I have worked at that comment of yours. Real is real, so many here know me and my skating in a real sense not the virtual sense. Whether I am better or less than them is all up for question, and I do have some far better than me. The web is a tool that should connect us in reality rather than distancing us.

Wolfgang: 'Knock the Goods' Down'
With one poster and some kids I know knock the good down is something you have to add to your mix. If as a Skater you do not want to achieve with the greats, you of course, want to knock them down.

Big Nick, and his Wife: GOSH Dang Good Poetry.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #100
Holiday Guy
Doing It Old School

I don't like seeing threads like "Riedellsk8r-Do you really know him" this one has gotten real ugly.

Last edited by Holiday Guy; May 11th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.
Holiday Guy is offline   Reply With Quote