S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old April 20th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #161
scrapdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisherTONE View Post
Ya know what Scrap, let me tell you somethin'.... just one more time.... and you're at 1000 posts!! LoL

Get over here and skate, buddy!! My treat.
i dont get out of my state much anymore, the "man" doesnt like me to.
but i got in no less than 16miles+ derby yesterday, today im hittin the vert park. no lack of skating here, and i havnt paid to skate in a very long time......those rinks are so fussy about there open hours....
Old April 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #162
BrokenAngel
Dicey Riley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK47 View Post
ok Nick, we all know you're a champ at playing Knifey-Spooney To be fair, initially I thought the RBTs were a plastic hub too, lol.

To some extent, however as one of the US Olympic speed skaters said, you can be the best skater in the world but if your gear isn't completely in tune with what you need, you'll never perform to your full potential.

Yeah, though I notice the lack of a toe-flick on skinnies which hurts my speed ... and you can have too much of a good thing - Roll Lines don't work for me 'cause they're just too damn skinny!
I havnt tried the roll line slims yet....I kinda stick to to 36-38 mm slims if I go skinnies. I guess not that much different to wides and not sure I would want to go as slim as the roll lines if it will hurt my speed. Thanks for answering a question I had about the roll line slims
BrokenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #163
SwisherTONE
I 'do' Swisher Sweet #143

Location: North Los Angeles Quad Speed Skater www.SwisherSkate.com SWISHER Skating Products (coming soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
i dont get out of my state much anymore, the "man" doesnt like me to.
but i got in no less than 16miles+ derby yesterday, today im hittin the vert park. no lack of skating here, and i havnt paid to skate in a very long time......those rinks are so fussy about there open hours....
I gotcha on that one

I <3 Speed Skating & Derby ~ Swisher Sweet#143 (best Jammer EVER)
SwisherTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #164
HK47
Roll Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenAngel View Post
I havnt tried the roll line slims yet....I kinda stick to to 36-38 mm slims if I go skinnies. I guess not that much different to wides and not sure I would want to go as slim as the roll lines if it will hurt my speed. Thanks for answering a question I had about the roll line slims
Yeah, I can rock my ~86a Diamonds on the derby track no problem (or any variety of ~40mm wheels, loving my 3rd hand Mojos right now) but I just can't get Roll Lines to do what I want

Tags
wheels