S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:52 PM   #121
Nathan_

Look good but don't forget cut the mounting bolt!

http://youtu.be/3MFb3NTk7as

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Jam View Post
My boots have just been mounted, and I'm looking forward to rolling soon! The guy who's mounting them just texted me this picture:

I'll have a clearer photo once they're on my feet. I've been off skates for over a month since getting hit by a truck on my bike (an ordeal in itself), but I haven't been able to stop thinking about my new skates ever since. I should be able to give them a try this week! Sadly no scrimmaging until next year. :c
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:45 PM   #122
Kheng

Definately need toe guards of some sort, the bumpers got hammered today just practicing knee slides

Kheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 10:47 PM   #123
Bondagekitten
Trainee Derby Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheng View Post
Definately need toe guards of some sort, the bumpers got hammered today just practicing knee slides

very nice looking set up, can see why you want to protect them
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #124
Bondagekitten
Trainee Derby Ref

I've now e-mailed my tracings into Amazing Skates so will be joining the bont hybrid - mag avenger crew soon. Have asked for closed toe, 10mm rise & higher cuff. Have also asked for a lower counter if not another add on. I was surpised at the bont chart as I am just on the cusp between normal and wide for a bont 4.5 when width is always an issue for me. Am glad I sent the tracing though as should equal a better fit.

Can it be a quick 6-8 weeks so I can take pics then go have fun on them please?
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #125
Blizz

Red face

From Amazing Skates March 2012. Left size UK4, right size UK5, plate size 0. Agility mount (is it same as sport mount?). Did not want a speed strap, as it did not work with my Riedells and I used to tape around my ankle instead - but sadly the snug tie seen on my Bonts does not really work either. Anyway I love my Bont+Avengers!

Blizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #126
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Default Nice skates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizz View Post
Agility mount (is it same as sport mount?).
Based on this photo, it appears you have neither. I think the plate size is ok, but they're too far to the rear, to my eye anyway. If I had built them, they'd be a good half inch farther forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizz View Post
Anyway I love my Bont+Avengers!
Awesome! That's the most important thing!! It's a great combination!
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #127
Bondagekitten
Trainee Derby Ref

I'm getting mine through Amazing skates as well, I'd asked for an agility mount (based on the diagram the faster wheels folk posted way back) but am now thinking asking for it slightly forward from that. I think mine will be a bont 4.5 based on the tracing I did and had been thinking a size 1 avenger. Currently I'm wearing suregrips that say they are a 6 on the box but the insole was the same size as a rebel 7 from their print off (the inch marker was spot on to 3 rulers) on a size 2 avenger. Not sure what plate size or mount option to ask for as want agility or slightly forward. I only have 5cms from the tip of my big toe to the middle of the ball of my foot anyway so not a huge amount of space between forward and agility for me anyway. My feet are 238/9mm long from the tracings.
Anyone got an unmounted avenger that could tell me the length between the middle front axle and the front of the plate? I'm not the most stable skater out there, just mainly for basic round and round fun and trying to find the best placement for toe stop runs (that I currently hate doing).

edit : I have 65mm from the tip of my toe to the ball joint in the ball of my foot - have asked for a forward mount with a size 1 plate now. Hopefully Bont won't be too long getting them made and shipped as there was a bit of a delay getting the size confirmed from them (think it was their normal January holiday with it being summer time over there)

Last edited by Bondagekitten; March 2nd, 2013 at 10:07 AM.
Bondagekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:05 PM   #128
Blackjack

I got mine last September through Amazing skates, and i'm still totally in love with them. I went for an agility mount (6.5 bonts with a 0 plate). Made a huge difference to my skating really quickly.

Totally forgot to post a pic up when I got them... I was too busy getting them on my feet... and being told off by Glen "team no fun" MoreAngry for skating round the flat in them!

Another thumbs up to Amazing skates

<edited - trying to get the pic working >

Last edited by Blackjack; May 6th, 2013 at 08:10 PM.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:50 PM   #129
Eddie
the lucky variety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I got mine last September through Amazing skates, and i'm still totally in love with them. I went for an agility mount (6.5 bonts with a 0 plate). Made a huge difference to my skating really quickly.

Totally forgot to post a pic up when I got them... I was too busy getting them on my feet... and being told off by Glen "team no fun" MoreAngry for skating round the flat in them!

Another thumbs up to Amazing skates
darn! is the pic not working for anyone else? i'd like to get a visual on these as i was all worried about my 6.5 w/size 1 avenger heh
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:23 PM   #130
Bondagekitten
Trainee Derby Ref

am all excited, just got an e-mail from Amazing Skates saying my boots are shipping (to them) so hopefully won't be long before he's mounting them and shipping them to me.
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #131
Voodoo_Brawl57

Default Arrrg!!!

I'm super jelly!! I've been waiting since October for mine. It's a good thing I got a set on Antiks for the holidays, otherwise I'd be rocking Rebels.
Voodoo_Brawl57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #132
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexi Machete View Post
I'm super jelly!! I've been waiting since October for mine. It's a good thing I got a set on Antiks for the holidays, otherwise I'd be rocking Rebels.
Moral of the story? Always order your skates through skateloggers. Doc. dvw etc.
You would have had them months ago, and correctly mounted.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #133
Nathan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexi Machete View Post
October?

10 weeks is the longest wait I've seen until now. You might want to check with your bont dealer. It sounds like your order might have been overlooked at some point.
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:59 AM   #134
Voodoo_Brawl57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nick View Post
Moral of the story? Always order your skates through skateloggers. Doc. dvw etc.
You would have had them months ago, and correctly mounted.
Basically. I've learned a lot of valuable things this past year, haha.
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #135
Voodoo_Brawl57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_ View Post
October?

10 weeks is the longest wait I've seen until now. You might want to check with your bont dealer. It sounds like your order might have been overlooked at some point.
Checked with the shop that sold me the Bonts, have a tracking number and the plates are already there. I'm definitely going to send it to someone knowledgable to get it mounted properly. Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore.
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #136
Bondagekitten
Trainee Derby Ref

finally got them, size 1 plate as advised by Doc but mounted by Doug at Amazing Skates. They feel comfy but have still to get orthics to put in so not heat moulded. Very little counter other than the heel cup and a little way up the outside of each boot in these that I can tell - not sure on what level I have as left it to Doug/Bont. I asked for raised ankles and not 100% sure I got them but feel fine and wasn't charged the extra. There is a 10mm internal raise but so well worked in I can't see it so took the insole out to check and it's there but not easy to tell.

I used my old skates to prop them up to show the underside of the mount - smaller t-nuts than my old pair.

The micropore tape is the middle of the ball of my foot where the pressure point is. My old axles were approx 1-1.5cm forward of that point

All pretty before I get them scuffed and broken in (as they should be)

Won't get to skate them until Friday unless I can blag a lift to another leagues open social skate on Thursday an hours drive each way as off work recovering from flu so skipping derby tonight.

Last edited by Bondagekitten; April 17th, 2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: pics moved on photobucket
Bondagekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #137
Darkjester
On a hot summer night..

They look awesome BK :-)
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #138
Bondagekitten
Trainee Derby Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjester View Post
They look awesome BK :-)
Thank you, my seds is almost cured (still need to get the magic narrow Aussie Scotts but now think they are a long way off)
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #139
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Question Just An Opinion...

With Bont's you might find you have no need for orthotics?

Derrick......
MR SHELBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #140
Bondagekitten
Trainee Derby Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR SHELBY View Post
With Bont's you might find you have no need for orthotics?

Derrick......
I have a pronation issue so got them to leave space but won't need to go for fully custom just raise on the inside of my heels and arch support. My double strikes are too chunky so hitting sports shops tomorrow to find a thinner option. Means I'm less likely to roll my ankles and keeps my knee in a better position. Am loving how stiff the sole feels.