S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old May 26th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #1
INRI

Default 2013 Tour d' Organics

Attention All Skaters (Inline and Quad)

I have confirmed it through the officials that skaters are also invited to the 2013 Tour d' Organics ride.

I did the 35 mile tour last year on my bicycle and had a great time. Beautiful weather, scenery, and delicious organic foods. There's a farm every 10 miles or so on the ride that you stop at and sample all different kinds of fresh fruits, vegetables, drinks, etc.

I'm going to start off small this year and skate the 16 miler. There are two stops on that route to enjoy different foods.

The official told me that this year would be the first year that a skater(s) comes. Please come out if you can make it. Lets show up and have a great time with everyone!

http://www.seb.org/event/1378343-tour-d-organics-2013
INRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #2
slowsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by INRI View Post
Attention All Skaters (Inline and Quad)
I have confirmed it through the officials that skaters are also invited to the 2013 Tour d' Organics ride.
I did the 35 mile tour last year on my bicycle and had a great time. Beautiful weather, scenery, and delicious organic foods. There's a farm every 10 miles or so on the ride that you stop at and sample all different kinds of fresh fruits, vegetables, drinks, etc.
I'm going to start off small this year and skate the 16 miler. There are two stops on that route to enjoy different foods.
The official told me that this year would be the first year that a skater(s) comes. Please come out if you can make it. Lets show up and have a great time with everyone!
http://www.seb.org/event/1378343-tour-d-organics-2013
Might be fun but it would be nice when people post these things if they would tell us up front where they are.
Not everyone has heard of Sebastopol.
After looking around the site a bit a think it is in CA. At least I find that on one address.
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #3
ese002

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsk8 View Post
Might be fun but it would be nice when people post these things if they would tell us up front where they are.
Not everyone has heard of Sebastopol.
After looking around the site a bit a think it is in CA. At least I find that on one address.
The page also mentions Sonoma County so it is clearly Northern California, but that's only obvious for those familiar with the area.
ese002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:52 AM   #4
shesk8

Looks fun. The event is described as a tour, not a race, maybe good to post in the Group skates or Main forum as well.

Check out the gps link - lot of hills. Northern Cali has some pretty hilly country. Napa is rolling terrain, I imagine this areas terrain to be close to that profile, but there are also some pretty decent climbs/descends on the topo. Curious if the poster has skated the roads there.

topo gps link: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1211621
shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 05:35 AM   #5
NorCal03

Stumbled on this thread by accident. Wow, I might have to jump in on this. As to Sebastopol it is say 10 minutes from Santa Rosa. Thanks that something mentioned on this forum is finally sort of close to me. *Note - I am about 1 hr 20 min away but it is still not a problem and I already go that way on some weekends to pick up wine from a few winery owners I know. This is a pretty nice area. As for the weather, etc (Very impt for all to know. It can be 90 degrees in one spot and you can go into a heavy tree area or the fog can roll in and the temp can change by 50 degrees) I have that happen to me when I run and mtn bike in the coastal mountains. I'll give them a call and If I find any useful info out I will post. Thanks to whoever made the orig post
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #6
INRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal03 View Post
Stumbled on this thread by accident. Wow, I might have to jump in on this. As to Sebastopol it is say 10 minutes from Santa Rosa. Thanks that something mentioned on this forum is finally sort of close to me. *Note - I am about 1 hr 20 min away but it is still not a problem and I already go that way on some weekends to pick up wine from a few winery owners I know. This is a pretty nice area. As for the weather, etc (Very impt for all to know. It can be 90 degrees in one spot and you can go into a heavy tree area or the fog can roll in and the temp can change by 50 degrees) I have that happen to me when I run and mtn bike in the coastal mountains. I'll give them a call and If I find any useful info out I will post. Thanks to whoever made the orig post
Norcal,

If you're going, let me know. PM me. I have already signed up for the 16 miler this year. Last year did the 35 miler on the bike and it was AMAZING! There are some great hills with one hill; which may be on the 35 mile route , where you can go 35+MPH! It's pretty crazy!!Great weather, scenery, organic foods, other people enjoying the day etc.
The road conditions are generally good (if memory serves me well).

Lastly, the SAG Supervisor who I'm told is a funny guy emailed me and told me that since this is the first year skaters will be skating the Tour, Sag drivers will not be able to repair our flats or replace our bearings! Seriously, LOL!
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #7
INRI

This Sunday is the big day!!!
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #8
INRI

What an awesome skate! Had a great time with the bikers too. Lots of questions, smiles and good-lucks from the bunch. And, it was fun to pass many of them on the route

Humbled to be the first skater to partake in this cycling event. Hopefully next year we can double or even triple our numbers

Next year may decide on the 35 miler instead of the 16. More organic farms on the way with fresh fruits, vegetables and much more.