S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Old May 15th, 2017, 01:27 AM   #1
Steamroller

Default Stripped hanger

Hi. I have an extra pair of xk4 plates mounted to a pair of cleats. The other day I was messing around with the trucks and stripped one of the hangers where the kingpin threads in. I was wondering what the easiest way to have this fixed is? I've been told sure grip can replace the hanger directly. That said I was also wondering if it would be more efficient to have them fixed when I get new boots and have them remounted. Which brings me to my sizing problem I have pretty big feet around a 14 Shoe size and one of my feet is about a size bigger than the other. Im trying to figure out if I need a custom boot. Left foot is about 310 mm and right is about 302 in length. The xk4 is a size 8. Sorry for the long winded rant I've just been on Ill fitting gt50 skates for a long time and need a new setup. Thanks.

Last edited by Steamroller; May 15th, 2017 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Typo and clarification
Steamroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 07:19 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default uh huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamroller View Post
Hi. I have an extra pair of xk4 plates mounted to a pair of cleats. The other day I was messing around with the trucks and stripped one of the hangers where the kingpin threads in. I was wondering what the easiest way to have this fixed is? I've been told sure grip can replace the hanger directly. That said I was also wondering if it would be more efficient to have them fixed when I get new boots and have them remounted.

Are ya handy w/ tools?? Those are easy to carefully drill out the rivets and change the hangers. All can be bought separately.

Not handy?? Some sk8 techs can do a very good job. I would send it back to SG. I have changed hangers before, I now classify it as too much like work. SG has the production tools and parts to do the job like new.

Which brings me to my sizing problem I have pretty big feet around a 14 Shoe size and one of my feet is about a size bigger than the other. Im trying to figure out if I need a custom boot. Left foot is about 310 mm and right is about 302 in length.

OK your 302mm foot is ~ a size 13 3/4. Your 310mm foot is ~size 14.6. Enough to make me want to put you in something a bit more than off the shelf. Get on a Brannock Device and get the width and arch length for both feet. Then we can puzzle this deeper.

The xk4 is a size 8. Sorry for the long winded rant I've just been on Ill fitting gt50 skates for a long time and need a new setup. Thanks.
Yeah I would want to get something a bit more upscale as well. Lotta ways to get there too. I have a buddy on a 7 1/4" wheelbase Snyder Royal. He is a 14..