S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old December 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM   #1
illinisk8er07

Default Oberhamer Speed Boot

I am in need of a Oberhamer speed boot, my friend is looking for it doesn't know what number it is but it has the flame in the middle of the foot. If anyone has any idea or has a pair for sale drop me a line. Women's size 8. Thank you in advance.
illinisk8er07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:58 PM   #2
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

If it's a shorter boot that has a wide white stripe down the center of each side, containing the Oberhamer "O" that has a flame extending from it, the boot is the XL-35.

If this is indeed the boot, good luck finding it, since they stopped producing these boots in the early to mid 80's and Oberhamer is no longer in business.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM   #3
xlracer

Tell your friend to hang tight. I know of someone that is in the process of retooling the old Oberhamer 351's and 641's. He says he should have all of the patterns cut by the New Year and ready to start making new boot based on these great classics. I should have one in hand in a few weeks to try out. I will be spreading the word after I have a chance to skate on them. If they are as good as old Roy's boots he is going to make a lot of people really happy.
xlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 02:21 AM   #4
Kennedy
Go fast, turn left

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlracer View Post
Tell your friend to hang tight. I know of someone that is in the process of retooling the old Oberhamer 351's and 641's. He says he should have all of the patterns cut by the New Year and ready to start making new boot based on these great classics. I should have one in hand in a few weeks to try out. I will be spreading the word after I have a chance to skate on them. If they are as good as old Roy's boots he is going to make a lot of people really happy.
Your not kidding that he will make a lot of people happy (I would be included). I have been needing a new pair of skates, an Obie replica boot would be nice.
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #5
illinisk8er07

Thanks guys for all your help, keep me updated.
illinisk8er07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #6
peakrut

Default Any Update on boot yet?

Just found this post would be cool to have the boot, hopefully is leather.
Quote:
peakrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 03:14 AM   #7
xlracer

I will send my source an email and get a time frame on this new boot. He is supposed to come to Nashville in March but I hope he can send me a pair before then. Once I have a pair and get a chance to skate on them. I will put a review of them on every message board out there.
Old January 18th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #8
dentbob

70mm Kryptonics with Bones Reds
Jump'n Bones till I die!
Inline What?
dentbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #9
peakrut

Default You are a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentbob View Post
(_)_)||||||||||||||||||||D
peakrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #10
xlracer

Talked to my boot man. He says the first one should be finished in the next week. He is coming to town in March and I hope he will have mine made at that time. He is hoping that he can start taking orders by the end of March first of April.
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:21 PM   #11
ncsk8rgirl
Discovered SEDS on 1/1/08

Tell him I will give him my first born if he can make a white 351 replica in a 7 1/2 and bring it to Tenn with him.. I can drive to meet him for the exchange with the child in tow. She is 14 and is a great dishwasher.. LOL
ncsk8rgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #12
RS Dave
YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MY NUTS

OMG!! Child slavery for skate boots. What is the world coming to??

"Of course I talk to myself. It's nice to talk to somebody sane."
RS Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #13
ncsk8rgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerSkater Dave View Post
OMG!! Child slavery for skate boots. What is the world coming to??
Gee wiz... I have another one...
ncsk8rgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #14
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

XL, any chance your contact can make an old Featherlight replica? That was far and away my favorite boot, especially the 1/2" thick foam on the tongue.

Unfortunately, it was made of kangaroo and the inner developed holes really quickly.
Old February 8th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #15
janneman

Default associations

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentbob View Post
sorry for ripping this thread - but being kinda freak in audio-instrumentation... this name oberhamer keeps calling up associations to the magic, famous, good ole synthesizer that was used by ELO, Queen, and so on...

(oberheim OB-X)
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #16
RS Dave
YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MY NUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
sorry for ripping this thread - but being kinda freak in audio-instrumentation... this name oberhamer keeps calling up associations to the magic, famous, good ole synthesizer that was used by ELO, Queen, and so on...

(oberheim OB-X)
Janne!! You old ripper!

"Of course I talk to myself. It's nice to talk to somebody sane."
RS Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #17
xlracer

Chuck I agree with you that was also my fav. I pulled the heel off of it though. I have asked him to make me a 641 without the extra straps. That should be very similar to the original featherweight.
Did I tell you about the boots I found for my 9 yo daughter. I found her a brand new 351 and a brand new featherweight. She is set for the next 2 - 3 years with brand new oberhamer boots to skate in.
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #18
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Chuck I agree with you that was also my fav. I pulled the heel off of it though. I have asked him to make me a 641 without the extra straps. That should be very similar to the original featherweight.
Did I tell you about the boots I found for my 9 yo daughter. I found her a brand new 351 and a brand new featherweight. She is set for the next 2 - 3 years with brand new oberhamer boots to skate in.
That's a good find! I was never a fan of the 351. I always thought it was ugly, with the lace routing that it had.

As for the Featherweight, I actually pulled the heel off of mine as well. I have flatter feet, so that made the boot much more comfortable.

I also had a pair of Oberhamer 61BR (I think that was the model) that I did the same to.
Old March 10th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #19
Chkultr

Default found em

www.lowpriceskates.com claims to have NEW old school oberhamer boots! They are cheap in price! A size 12 is $130.00 just for the boots!

I loved those boots! I still have my size 6 in white! I put a lot of miles on those boots!!!! I'm not in need of a new boot, but thought about buying it just to have it in my size!!!!!

This is the e mail sent back to me after I questioned the boot...............

The Oberhamer boots on the site - are the boots from back in the day - but I don't think the tongue's are really that thick, yes they do have padding though.

Thanks

Low Price Skates

Has your friend got any in production?

Josh
Chkultr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #20
ncsk8rgirl

I don't see them anywhere on the site