S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old March 12th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #21
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsk8rgirl View Post
I don't see them anywhere on the site
I didn't as well. Are you talking about speed or art Oberhamer boots?
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #22
Chkultr

Default Speed Oberhamer

They had the speed boots in the white and black in different sizes...Try this out.......http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

Hope that works... I went to google and typed in oberhamer and clicked on image. That gave me the picture with the web site and you can search through all the skates!

josh
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #23
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chkultr View Post
They had the speed boots in the white and black in different sizes...Try this out.......http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

Hope that works... I went to google and typed in oberhamer and clicked on image. That gave me the picture with the web site and you can search through all the skates!

josh
TOo bad I'm not a size 12. Those are the Oberhamer 351.
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #24
ncsk8rgirl
Discovered SEDS on 1/1/08

no doubt! that is what I am looking for.. a white 351

Oh Well... maybe one day
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #25
ncsk8rgirl

I just called LPS & they have a 4 1/2 but no 12 .. just thought I would let you guys know.
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #26
Chkultr

Default oberhamer

ncsk8rgirl,
That sucks! The only size they have is the 4 1/2? I had absolutely nothing else to do the other day and looked through all the pages LPS had and saw quite a few sizes in different colors. Well the white and black!

Keep one em I guess!

Josh
ps didn't mean to get you all worked up to be disapointed
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:26 AM   #27
xlracer

Okay everybody here is the deal with LPS and the Oberhamers. Luther has an old buddy that has lots of stuff from back in the day. He has a few of the 351's but they are all small people sizes. I think the biggest thing he has is a size 5. I am still keeping in touch with my guy down in GA. He is still pushing forward with his plans to recreate these boots. He has had some set backs with getting all of the patterns completed, but he assures me that he is determined to make this happen. I email him once a month to check on his progress. Like the rest of you I am very anxious to see if he can pull this off.
I have told him time and time again that if he can make them people will buy them as fast as he can make em.
xlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #28
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlracer View Post
Okay everybody here is the deal with LPS and the Oberhamers. Luther has an old buddy that has lots of stuff from back in the day. He has a few of the 351's but they are all small people sizes. I think the biggest thing he has is a size 5. I am still keeping in touch with my guy down in GA. He is still pushing forward with his plans to recreate these boots. He has had some set backs with getting all of the patterns completed, but he assures me that he is determined to make this happen. I email him once a month to check on his progress. Like the rest of you I am very anxious to see if he can pull this off.
I have told him time and time again that if he can make them people will buy them as fast as he can make em.
I'll bet they'd be beating down his door, since the 351 was such a popular boot. Like I've said in the past, I wasn't a huge fan of them, but Oberhamer did make a great boot.
Old March 16th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #29
xlracer

Hey Chuck Im gonna hijack this thread for a second but I have to tell ya. I finally found my XL plate...well close enough. I found an Ultimate SST with out the toestop. Its titanium so it actually lighter and stronger than the xl. I plan to mount my 595 on it and I have some brand new american made Cannibals to put on it. Now I can retire and spend my days as the oldest rink rat in Nashville.
Hey Doc....thanks again.....you ROCK!!!!!!
xlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #30
ncsk8rgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlracer View Post
Hey Chuck Im gonna hijack this thread for a second but I have to tell ya. I finally found my XL plate...well close enough. I found an Ultimate SST with out the toestop. Its titanium so it actually lighter and stronger than the xl. I plan to mount my 595 on it and I have some brand new american made Cannibals to put on it. Now I can retire and spend my days as the oldest rink rat in Nashville.
Hey Doc....thanks again.....you ROCK!!!!!!
ok now. no one is allowed to get their dream set up until I get a white 7.5 oberhamer 351!!
Old March 18th, 2007, 05:16 AM   #31
whatever36

Cool obie boot

I agree these boots are awesome I bought mine in 1980 and still skate with them I have the black diamond plate. I had a major house fire in 1990 and my skates were in it the only thing that got damaged is my old fanjet wheels melted . The rink I work at has a pair of white obies they rent out for speedskates I couldnt believe it
whatever36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #32
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever36 View Post
I agree these boots are awesome I bought mine in 1980 and still skate with them I have the black diamond plate. I had a major house fire in 1990 and my skates were in it the only thing that got damaged is my old fanjet wheels melted . The rink I work at has a pair of white obies they rent out for speedskates I couldnt believe it
Wow, you have Black Doamond plates that didn't break? These things were synonymous with breaking. Every single person I knew that bought them ended up replacing them.

I, myself, never liked the look of the 351. I didn't see the use for the 2nd set of laces. As for Oberhamer, I had 3 other pairs, a Featherlight, an XL-35 (you'd probably remember these, extremely low cut with the 2" wide white stripe with the flying "O" in gold), and 61BR (my first speed boot).

I miss Oberhamer. They made better boots at that time than Riedell did, IMO.
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #33
ncsk8rgirl

Quote:
used as a Rental??? What size are they??? (and what rink do you go to???? )
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #34
brikkee

Quote:
i hated these boot sorry guys.but yes they where very light. my wife loves them and still asks if i found any. i had the on a lazer when i was a kid and felt like there was no arch souport in them
brikkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #35
ncsk8rgirl

Man.. Me & the hubby braved the Sat night (spring break, even) session last night since the rink was going to be closed tonight and we would not be able to skate our normal Sun night session.

I'm sitting at the snack bar & I see a blaze of something white that caught my eye.. Right before me is a 11 or 12 year old kid wearing his mothers white oberhamer 351's. They looked pristine! He let me look at the skates and then he was off.

I was forced to endure the torture of watching the kid beat the toes of the boot on the kick plate at the snack bar, the video games, the walls.... I was suffering the entire night! (Did I mention they were MY size?) At one point he was slinging the skates across the floor. I was sick..

I told my hubby that we would now camp out at the rink at closing time on Fri & Sat nights trying to find this kids mother so I can "Rescue" the skates. Hubby asked me if I was going to open a Rescue Group for O's.. lol
Old April 9th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #36
intgra2ner
SV Track-day addict

Thumbs up

I'm still working on those 351s for you bethany. The girl drives a semi-truck, so its hard to catch her when she's home. I still want your pro-lines, so we WILL make a deal when I have them in my posession.
intgra2ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2007, 02:50 AM   #37
brikkee

this boot sucked a** had no arch suport i hated it. left turn yeah when u fell to the ground j/k you can all say what you like but turns where so hard due to no suport even with a lazer plate.thats just my 2 cents.
Old April 9th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #38
ncsk8rgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikkee View Post
this boot sucked a** had no arch suport i hated it. left turn yeah when u fell to the ground j/k you can all say what you like but turns where so hard due to no suport even with a lazer plate.thats just my 2 cents.
lol.. I love the boot!!! I never had any problems with the ones I've owned. They are soooooooo comfortable to me.

Do you have high arches/flat fee brikkee?
Old April 9th, 2007, 04:12 AM   #39
ncsk8rgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by intgra2ner View Post
I'm still working on those 351s for you bethany. The girl drives a semi-truck, so its hard to catch her when she's home. I still want your pro-lines, so we WILL make a deal when I have them in my posession.

Do I need to put out an APB on her Rig? I'll call the FBI, Homeland Security, ATF, Wackenhut security, etc if it means I can get me some 351's LOL
Old April 9th, 2007, 04:25 AM   #40
intgra2ner
SV Track-day addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsk8rgirl View Post
Do I need to put out an APB on her Rig? I'll call the FBI, Homeland Security, ATF, Wackenhut security, etc if it means I can get me some 351's LOL
Naaa... she's around... I need to get ahold of her more than just the skates... She has to get her bridesmaid dress for my wedding taken to get altered. Wedding stress is starting to set in...grrrrr

But I have my Disney honeymoon all squared away & Skating plans in Orlando are already happening... yay!!!
intgra2ner is offline   Reply With Quote